Tottenham 2017-18

Captain Ron

3 hours ago, mr. littlejeans said:

another sissoko start. another lackluster result.

how do we feel about those fivethirtyeight predictions at the moment?

I mean, the predictions are based on what they simulate. They have this:

Tottenham (4 remaining games) - vs Watford (Monday), @ West Brom (May 5), vs Newcastle (May 9), vs Leicester City (May 15)
Chelsea (5 remaining games) - @ Burnley (Tomorrow), @Swansea(Saturday), vs Liverpool (May 6), vs Huddersfield (May 9), @Newcastle (May 15)

Spurs' magic number is 8 - combined points won + Chelsea points dropped. Given the simulations, fivethirtyeight sees Spurs doing that around 99 times out of 100. Where the edge goes for them is that the margin for Chelsea is pretty slim. Chelsea would need to win out (5 wins) to force Spurs at a minimum get 8 points (2 wins, 2 draws or 3 wins). As they drop points, the requirements become easier. And their limit for dropped points is clearly 8 points, which means at most they can lose 2 games and draw another or draw 3 and lose 1.

Frankly, I can't find much fault with the math. Especially withe Chelsea playing a clearly superior Liverpool team right in the middle of this thing.

Don't get me wrong, because clearly the team can collapse and drop 5 points over this run and Chelsea could win out, but it would take a lot to do this.

7 minutes ago, mr. littlejeans said:

very nice of anthony taylor to give jose a few extra minutes to decide whether to take valencia off or not.

I’m shocked he actually booked Rashford. I’m not sure how Herrera and now Sanchez haven’t been booked for blatant pull backs.

It's the FA Cup, this has been Vorm's competition all year.

It’s a fucking insult to the rest of the team. No offense to Vorm, but when it’s a “win and in” match and the other team is Man U and throwing Sanchez, Pogba and certainly starting de Gea you fucking play your world class GK.

It’s not exactly like we’re tripping over trophies.

Just a blatant “don’t care” from MP. Whatever.
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, texanbychoice said:

It’s a fucking insult to the rest of the team. No offense to Vorm, but when it’s a “win and in” match and the other team is Man U and throwing Sanchez, Pogba and certainly starting de Gea you fucking play your world class GK.

It’s not exactly like we’re tripping over trophies.

Just a blatant “don’t care” from MP. Whatever.

so much this. poch is a good manager and has been great for spurs, but he has shown a few times this year that he believes he is a bit more infallible than his results bear out. 4 years in it's starting to get old listening to him say that they should have won but need more time to build a winning mentality. that starts with making the right team selection in games like this, and he did not by starting lloris and sanchez (and i have been a big sanchez apologist this season).

so much this. poch is a good manager and has been great for spurs, but he has shown a few times this year that he believes he is a bit more infallible than his results bear out. 4 years in it's starting to get old listening to him say that they should have won but need more time to build a winning mentality. that starts with making the right team selection in games like this, and he did not by starting lloris and sanchez (and i have been a big sanchez apologist this season).

Am I right that we are guaranteed to finish ahead of Arsenal is this result holds?

Oh, and fuck the Gooners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk