Tottenham 2017-18

Captain Ron

Spurs are up 11 points with 4 to play. 2 points will secure a place ahead of Arsenal.

They need to worry more about Chelsea right now. 1 point in the last 2 hasn't been good, especially with Chelsea winning those 2. They need to get a win and put some pressure on Chelsea.

I grew up in London a Spurs fan until I was 10, during the Gary Lineker days. A football match wasn’t the ideal place to take a kid in the 80’s (hello, Hillsborough) and I never made it to White Hart in the years after we left London for Houston. 

Tonight was my first Spurs match in person, and my first time at the “new” Wembley. Fantastic stadium and a great experience. I’ll upload pictures when I figure out imgur in this place...

Edited by Planet Houston
  • Like 2

Despite playing West Brom, who's at the bottom of the standings, this is going to be a tough game. West Brom has 1 foot out the door for relegation, but they aren't dead yet. I expect a dog fight, especially since they've been playing well the last month. They've gotten 8 of their last 12 possible. 

But a win would put Spurs on the cusp of clinching a Champions League spot. With that, any result in Chelsea-Liverpool is a good one:

Liverpool will - Spurs clinch top 4, still in hunt for top 3

Draw - Spurs clinch top 4 and jump into top 3

Chelsea win - Spurs jump into top 3, would be within 2 points of clinching top 4. 

But they have to win for that to happen. And Spurs need to go Cobra Kai style - strike fast, strike hard and show no mercy. You don't want West Brom having any belief and deflate their hopes as fast as possible. 

22 minutes ago, mr. littlejeans said:

spursy.

It’s the same shit that always gives us fits. West Brom sat back and made some half hearted counter attacks. They got us because we gave up too many set pieces late and that was the only way they were going to score.