2019-2020 NBA Season Thread

Goo Punch

1 minute ago, Chapo said:

The Lakers dont have anybody after LBJ, AD and Green for their crunch time lineup. You need at least 8 for the playoff and they need to find 5 more guys. Maybe Kuz can be one but they still need a lot more.

Maybe Rondo.  They'll want to pick up a minimum ring chaser who gets bought out too.  That's at least 6 there.  McGee can give you a few minutes.  Bradley?  Or Daniels for shooting.  But bench is a big problem for the Lakers as currently constructed.

The Clippers look really deep and good. So much athleticism on the wings, and that's without Paul George. They could probably use another big to round out that roster but they can throw out quite a few fairly ridiculous positionlesss switching lineups out there. And they are going to be able to manufacture a lot of clutch buckets down the stretch with Kawhi, Lou Williams, and George. They are going to be a problem for everybody out west. 

9 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Maybe Rondo.  They'll want to pick up a minimum ring chaser who gets bought out too.  That's at least 6 there.  McGee can give you a few minutes.  Bradley?  Or Daniels for shooting.  But bench is a big problem for the Lakers as currently constructed.

Lakers better pray for an Iggy buyout, right now their ceiling is 2nd round (that is if they get a favorable 1st rd matchup)

Agree, Clips look like they have the potential to be scary this year. Kawhi, Beverly, Harrell, and then eventually George is nearly an all-NBA defensive team. Then you have Lou Williams playing God-mode on offense along with Kawhi and George? I mean, damn.

Lakers may have problems with Lebron at the point. He had way too many turnovers and bad passes. That set should be reserved for exploiting mismatches at key stretches of the game, not the default mode. Especially if he doesn't find the range from 3.

Pelicans looked good in the loss. They're only going to get better. You have to like 30 assists on 43 buckets.

Refs bailed out the Raptors -- they shot almost double the FTs of NO. TOR is a mid to low seed playoff team in the East and would be a fringe playoff team in the West.

I was trying to think last night about a better modern perimeter defense combination than Beverley, George, and Kawhi.

I know Jordan and Pippen are the gold standard, but damn having all three of those are killer especially against a perimeter oriented Western conference.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

I was trying to think last night about a better modern perimeter defense combination than Beverley, George, and Kawhi.

I know Jordan and Pippen are the gold standard, but damn having all three of those are killer especially against a perimeter oriented Western conference.

Chicago also had Rodman, one of the best defenders of all time, who could guard out on the perimeter as needed.

This year's Sixers squad may be as good defensively top to bottom.  Ben Simmons and Embiid are all-NBA caliber defenders.  Horford and Josh Richardson are also very good (especially if Horford can play the 4 next to Embiid).  Zhaire Smith and Matisse Tyhbulle have the potential to be elite defenders off the bench.

7 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

1995 Bulls had Harper, Pippen, and MJ, plus Rodman who could come out and defend. That's the gold standard. These Clips look scary though in that department. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

Harper and Rodman too

20 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Oh cool. Looks like dribbling the clock out in a tie game and taking a 27 foot contested 3 is still the only play that teams are allowed to run on potential game winners.

Man that shit pisses me off so fucking much.   Even that it was Norman Powell doing it.

24 minutes ago, d2o said:

Man that shit pisses me off so fucking much.   Even that it was Norman Powell doing it.

I'm sure some analytics nerd computed that you have a better chance of winning a game by taking a bad shot at the buzzer--and either making it or winning in overtime--than you do running an actual play, getting a decent look, but risking leaving time for the opponent. It's the worst.

7 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Typical Kyrie game - lots of points, lots of stats, lots of flash, and ultimately a loss because he'd rather have those 3 things than a win.

tonight aint the night for that.  dude scored 50 points while shooting .515/.50/.90, grabbed 8 boards and dished out 7 assists to 0 turnovers.

• Like 2

If you watched the game, you would know that Kyrie didn't just put up meaningless stats. He hit HUGE shots and made some critical passes on the last few possessions of the half. Jarrett Allen just couldn't close the deal.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, HookEm said:

If you watched the game, you would know that Kyrie didn't just put up meaningless stats. He hit HUGE shots and made some critical passes on the last few possessions of the half. Jarrett Allen just couldn't close the deal.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sooo...pretty much exactly how he started his Boston career before he got frustrated with playing with kids and went off the rails?