2019-2020 NBA Season Thread

Goo Punch

15 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Clippers lose to the Suns. A few days ago people were penciling them in as champions. Lulz.

I mean, who do you have as the favorite. A regular season loss against the Suns doesn’t change my opinion of them at all, especially when they don’t have PG. Not that hard to understand how a team could sleepwalk into a game against the suns and expect to win.

34 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

that's a shame

Down by 40 in the 4th.  They look all out of sorts.  Defensively they're a sieve, offensively teams feels they only have to stop Steph.  Too early to make any sweeping judgments but not the start they thought they'd have to begin the season.  Looney is out for unspecified time too.

17 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I mean, who do you have as the favorite. A regular season loss against the Suns doesn’t change my opinion of them at all, especially when they don’t have PG. Not that hard to understand how a team could sleepwalk into a game against the suns and expect to win.

We also have to entertain the notion that the Suns might actually be pretty good. I thought they were going to be one of the worst teams in the league, but so far they pasted the Kings, took the Nuggets to overtime in Denver and then beat the Clippers the following night. That's a pretty tough back to back coming off altitude and overtime, and then beating who most people think is the best team in the league. And they are doing it without Ayton and missed Rubio for the Clippers game. It would be stunning if Kelly Oubre and the rest of the crew kept this shit up all season, but the Suns arguably have the most impressive start of any team in the league so far.

1 hour ago, Goo Punch said:

It's about time everybody (even around here) gets on the bandwagon: Trae Young is the man. He's like a selfless Russell Westbrook who can score like Steph. Definitely one of the most fun players to watch in the league. 

I don't disagree, but those were odd clips to make that point.

It's about time everybody (even around here) gets on the bandwagon: Trae Young is the man. He's like a selfless Russell Westbrook who can score like Steph. Definitely one of the most fun players to watch in the league. 

Do you have any idea why Reddish is starting over Huerter? 

30 minutes ago, Llogg said:

I don't disagree, but those were odd clips to make that point.

well I made the comparison to a selfless Westbrook, so i thought that video did a great job illustrating that point. all of the energy and hustle, only it isn't self-serving, but actually helping his team. 

Edited by Goo Punch

9 hours ago, Message Board User said:

If you are relying on Dray giving you a consistent 15-20 ppg....good luck.

A triple-double through 3 quarters is a nice start.

...though, not sure New Orleans playing without 3 of their best 4 players counts as an NBA win.

The most fun lineup in the NBA:

Trae Young

Luka Doncic

Giannis

LeBron

Jokic 

LeBron hasn't been "fun" since 2013.  Extremely impressive as he walks his team up the court at a snail's pace, dissects matchups, pokes and prods, and ultimately makes the smart basketball play, sure.  Fun?  No.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

LeBron hasn't been "fun" since 2013.  Extremely impressive as he walks his team up the court at a snail's pace, dissects matchups, pokes and prods, and ultimately makes the smart basketball play, sure.  Fun?  No.

eh, he's still got it in him. besides, I was having real trouble coming up with a ton of "fun" guys who play the 4. Blake Griffin? Maybe Zion? I'm probably missing somebody obvious.

My most fun team to watch:
G: Russell Westbrook - just plays so hard
G: Patrick Beverly - so entertaining
F: Klay Thompson - no better watch when hot
F: Kawhi Leonard - crushes people's souls
C: Kristaps Porzingis - original unicorn on both ends

Lillard and Kyrie Irving also deserve mention when they get it going. Durant and Curry are also fun.

LeBron is boring for me. Same with AD. Honestly same with Giannis.

36 minutes ago, HookEm said:

My most fun team to watch:
G: Russell Westbrook - just plays so hard
G: Patrick Beverly - so entertaining
F: Klay Thompson - no better watch when hot
F: Kawhi Leonard - crushes people's souls
😄 Kristaps Porzingis - original unicorn on both ends

Lillard and Kyrie Irving also deserve mention when they get it going. Durant and Curry are also fun.

LeBron is boring for me. Same with AD. Honestly same with Giannis.

you are either trolling or fucking terrible at this.

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

That's natural. He's old. He can't always outmuscle and overwhelm with talent. He has to conserve energy and think about the game. No, he's not fun. But, he is still formidable. 

I'm actually kinda jazzed to see who is next in the pantheon. 

3 hours ago, Message Board User said:

Roberson, Drummond, and DAJ shooting FTs is always solid entertainment.

Drummond has actually gone from the worst FT shooter in history to a fairly reliable FT shooting big man, which is nothing short of incredible. You can really see how much work he has put in. He even hit 8/10 on opening night.