2019-2020 NBA Season Thread

Goo Punch

3 hours ago, aggie08 said:

No doubt. Unless they have separate height brackets, Steph and Dame wouldn't want any part of getting backed all the way down and dunked on 11 times by LeBron (not that he'd participate anyway).

The only way to make it work would be to make it more fun and quicker (and less room for embarrassment).  Basically turn what they do at every Olympic team practice into a real competition: 1 on 1 with a line of guys rotating in, you stay on until you miss, new defender after every make.

Knock out wouldnt be too bad I guess

Edited by d2o

And the mid range game is pretty much dead in today's game. Either shoot a 3 or get an under the basket shot. No one wants to shoot a 2pt shot when they can just move back a little and shoot one that is a 3.

I think it was Pop that said the 3pt shot is not real basketball or has ruined the game. Something to that degree.

82018804_3713890121969521_33109396035773

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

And the mid range game is pretty much dead in today's game. Either shoot a 3 or get an under the basket shot. No one wants to shoot a 2pt shot when they can just move back a little and shoot one that is a 3.

I think it was Pop that said the 3pt shot is not real basketball or has ruined the game. Something to that degree.

82018804_3713890121969521_33109396035773

Move the line back so that it makes it a much lower % shot that not everyone has the range for. That also would open the floor even more if players still stood behind the line. 

what a year this guy is having:

gonna be reeeaaalll interesting to see how he and Zion coexist. My gut says that they both wreck, but it's going to be a challenge for Ingram to from finally being "the man", to playing second fiddle to a rookie who hasn't even played a single game yet.

9 hours ago, Llogg said:

yeah, Ja is legit.

10 hours ago, Kermit said:

That kid is the fucking truth. 

Yeah man, I was hoping we could have jumped up to 1 or 2 to get him.    Zion may actually be good but I've always felt Ja was the better prospect and if I had the #1 I would have traded down to some extra picks and been VERY happy taking Ja

1 hour ago, PilotsError said:

If you had tried trading out of taking Zion your organization would have fired you on the spot.

no different than the webber/penny trade IMO.  We needed a PG more and if we could have got Ja and 3 firsts for Zion I would have done it 100 times out of 100

1 hour ago, d2o said:

no different than the webber/penny trade IMO.  We needed a PG more and if we could have got Ja and 3 firsts for Zion I would have done it 100 times out of 100

I'm sure if anyone had offered anything remotely close to that deal the Pels would have been all over it.

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

What a nut job. How the fuck did they get him to behave long enough to win that Cleveland title? The more we learn the more epic it becomes tbh. This guy is pure cancer.

Most guys don't act out this way when Lebron is there. He has that shit on lockdown. The fact Lebron went to 4 straight Finals and won one with this guy is amazing.

I can’t remember a more entertaining rookie.  Love Ja.  Incredible.  

Oh and Kyrie is gonna be entertaining too, for all the wrong reasons.  KD will be dreaming of WB after having to play with this bozo.  When he keeps his mouth shut they may actually be good but it’s obvious he can’t stand success.  

4 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

What a nut job. How the fuck did they get him to behave long enough to win that Cleveland title? The more we learn the more epic it becomes tbh. This guy is pure cancer.

He is not wrong. When KD gets back year, the Nets will need another player to compete with the Western Conference teams.  That's a fact. 

Re the proposed in-season tournament, a postseason play-in tournament for the seventh and eighth seeds in each conference, and the reseeding of the conference finalists - WHY?

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/01/nba-wont-vote-on-schedule-changes-at-board-of-governors-meeting.html

I like the differences between conferences. I like a conference champion. The West is clearly dominant right now, but the Bucks would be there with any of the top Western teams. 

An in-season tourney?  Why?

Postseason play-in tourney for the 7 and 8 seeds?  Earn it in the regular season or the regular season becomes much less relevant.

Why break a great league structure?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

He is not wrong. When KD gets back year, the Nets will need another player to compete with the Western Conference teams.  That's a fact. 

They shouldn't.   If he and KD are at full strength with Dinwiddie, Caris Levert, Jarrett Allen, DJ, and Prince they should have more than enough to compete.  That roster without Kyrie and KD was able to win 42 games last yr.  Add a top 3 player and a top 10-12 player should be able to compete with anyone.

That isn't even the problem though with his statement.     The problem is ran off a list of players that he thinks are the core leaving off players who are on the team and in the rotation now.  How should they take that?    Especially when you consider they have a better record this yr without Kyrie.   Everyone made a big deal last yr when it was known that basically anyone on the Lakers not named Lebron was trade bait.   It certainly seemed to have an effect on the team's play and LBJ never actually said he didn't want any particular player on the roster publicly.    Kyrie just did.    Then his 2nd set of comments about how great he is and how he has the right to talk about the changes they need only made it worse.    He is an amazing player but he is also very clearly an asshole and not a good teammate

56 minutes ago, d2o said:

They shouldn't.   If he and KD are at full strength with Dinwiddie, Caris Levert, Jarrett Allen, DJ, and Prince they should have more than enough to compete.  That roster without Kyrie and KD was able to win 42 games last yr.  Add a top 3 player and a top 10-12 player should be able to compete with anyone.

That isn't even the problem though with his statement.     The problem is ran off a list of players that he thinks are the core leaving off players who are on the team and in the rotation now.  How should they take that?    Especially when you consider they have a better record this yr without Kyrie.   Everyone made a big deal last yr when it was known that basically anyone on the Lakers not named Lebron was trade bait.   It certainly seemed to have an effect on the team's play and LBJ never actually said he didn't want any particular player on the roster publicly.    Kyrie just did.    Then his 2nd set of comments about how great he is and how he has the right to talk about the changes they need only made it worse.    He is an amazing player but he is also very clearly an asshole and not a good teammate

Throwing your teammates under the bus as if they were a bunch of scrubs that you found at the rec center is very bitchassed, and just not done. These are NBA players and they didn't make the Association by not being elite basketball players (hoopers even). The only other time I can remember this happening was LBJ in a postgame interview after one of his Finals losses to the Warriors...the one where Kyrie was out hurt. Birds of a feather...