2019-2020 NBA Season Thread

Goo Punch

24 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

Miami thinks they are contenders. They are delusional, but they aren't necessarily wrong, at least as far as the Eastern Conference goes. They've been surprisingly good this year, and it wouldn't surprise me at all to see them facing Milwaukee in the ECF. 

Annnnd as I'm typing this I see that Winslow is being sent to Memphis as part of the deal. Another head scratcher. 

They hit big with Bam, Robinson, Herro and Nunn.  All of them are on very cheap deals.   They also had a bunch of very over priced guys most of which were no longer even in the rotation.  They can dump some of those bad deals and get guys they think can contribute in the playoffs.

With everyone except the bucks underachieving in the east they can make a run at the conf finals.   As we've seen injuries can play a factor so if the bucks have an injury they can play with and best any of those other teams.

Edited by d2o

6 minutes ago, d2o said:

They hit big with Bam, Robinson, Herro and Nunn.  All of them are on very cheap deals.   They also had a bunch of very over priced guys most of which were no longer even in the rotation.  They can dump some of those bad deals and get guys they think can contribute in the playoffs.

With everyone except the bucks underachieving in the east they can make a run at the conf finals.   As we've seen injuries can play a factor so if the bucks have an injury they can play with and best any of those other teams.

the toronto raptors would like a word with you.

14 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

the toronto raptors would like a word with you.

I'm not buying the raps .........at all.   They are having a very surprising reg season but Kyle Lowry will be back thinking he is the lead guy in the playoffs.   We all know how that turns out

Edited by d2o

1 hour ago, BigOrange1 said:

you don't have to buy them, but they are not underachieving in any manner at all. 

Good grief.   I said they are having a surprising season.   I didn't even consider in my original statement cause I don't consider them at all.

11 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

So Miami cleared $28M from the books for next year by giving up Winslow who is still more potential than good.

Yup, and dumped problem players Waiters and James Johnson while getting two more guys that should at least crack the rotation along with Iggy.........all without giving up a pick.

Edited by d2o

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Lulz Atlanta. Why did they even trade for Capela?

Capela will start and should be pretty good coupled with Trae.    These last couple deals they've made have been nothing more than help teams get out of lux tax. 

Just now, Jim Tressell’s Vest said:

This Drummond deal has me ecstatic. Best move any Cleveland front office has made in years

No clue what the Pistons are doing.    They would have been better off just letting him walk in the summer.    They got absolutely nothing for a guy avging 17/15 with 2 stls and 2 blks.

Edited by d2o

19 minutes ago, crum said:

boggles my mind how little detroit got for drummond. no way they didn't have a better offer at some point 

They knew there was 0% chance he re-signed so they basically got a 2nd round pick for him.  I agree that they should have dealt him sooner, but their backs were against the wall today.

9 minutes ago, Assman said:

They knew there was 0% chance he re-signed so they basically got a 2nd round pick for him.  I agree that they should have dealt him sooner, but their backs were against the wall today.

I can't imagine the ATL offer earlier in the week was worse than this shit.

1 hour ago, gsoda3 said:

i heard someone say houston wouldn't be able to sign t.thompson if cle buys him out-  is that accurate and why?

Doesnt sound right.    They may have to waive someone to do so but they just got under the lux tax line.   They can sign players to a min deal.   The reports today said that he was not going to bought out though

6 hours ago, d2o said:

I am truly curious if GSW keeps Wiggins or are able to move him again.

What could they even get for him? Gross. Golden State gets rid of their most tradable asset outside of the Splash Brothers for a protected 1st and one of the 10 most untradable contracts in the league? He's Harrison Barnes all over again expect significantly worse on defense, not as good of a shooter, not a great locker room guy, and way more expensive. Yay.