2019-2020 NBA Season Thread

Goo Punch

That quote is hilarious...stop painting the guy as a villain just because he comes in, identifies the worst characteristic(s) of the team and mouths off about it to people who will spread the word. Basically the definition of a villain. 

That said, nothing in the quote is inaccurate and I wish we still had him in Philly instead of fucking Horford

• Like 1

ESPN teased that James is still an "emotional wreck" over the Bryant death going into the Pelicans game.

Never knew these two were that close and more so that they didn't necessarily ever communicate much.  One was the king of LA basketball. The other wanted to be.  Thus, the friction. 

But this is the diva James we're talking about, so roll with his message.

8 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:
ESPN teased that James is still an "emotional wreck" over the Bryant death going into the Pelicans game.

Never knew these two were that close and more so that they didn't necessarily ever communicate much.  One was the king of LA basketball. The other wanted to be.  Thus, the friction. 

But this is the diva James we're talking about, so roll with his message.

So because you didn't know about it that means it didn't happen?   Man stop

5 hours ago, d2o said:

And they were down 20 to the fucking Hawks.   Fuck Ariza and that bitchassness

Ariza is such a fucking bum. I remember back when Lillard was on that crazy tear a few weeks ago Ariza got ejected like in the first quarter of some game - and this is a team trying to make the playoffs where every game matters.

4 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Shake Milton is good. How is Philly so bad on the road?

To piggyback... Shake dropped 39 tonight against the Clippers. Shake played on a 30 win double conference champion winning SMU team that featured Broncos all-pro WR Courtland Sutton as a walk on. 

This is almost sure to become regular broadcast trivia if Shake becomes something.

Damn i loved watching Tucker play when he was on the 40. Just glanced at his UT stats and was surprised to see that he had  a grand total of 4 3pt attempts while here. 50% career mark though. 

Edited by Blotto

10 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Damn i loved watching Tucker play when he was on the 40. Just glanced at his UT stats and was surprised to see that he had  a grand total of 4 3pt attempts while here. 50% career mark though. 

PJ is the poster child for post-college improvement and learning a new skill set to remain relevant.  I don’t think this small ball experiment is going to work in the postseason, and I hope he’s not the scapegoat when it doesn’t.  

3 hours ago, Blotto said:

Even though he was still shorter than most guys in the paint at the college level, the height deficit was smaller, so he was a complete dog living under the rim.  One of my favorite player to watch

7 hours ago, Blotto said:

Dude makes some crazy plays for sure. check out the 3rd replay of this pass from earlier today.

he's the best passer in the game today, and he will go down as one of the 2-3 greatest passers ever. he's Magic Johnson level. he's a savant. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Noticed LBJ in highlights against Zion and the Pelicans constantly "carrying the ball"...

Allowing "carrying the ball" in the NBA has just become a JOKE now... what the Hell.

What's new.

Even if it brings the averages down below 100, I'm all for the league actually enforcing carrying, traveling, and offensive (typically push-off) fouls.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

What's new.

Even if it brings the averages down below 100, I'm all for the league actually enforcing carrying, traveling, and offensive (typically push-off) fouls.

Too bad the officials don't have that kind of power.

It's not like years ago, on a whim, the refs decided, "Hey, let's stop calling traveling and carrying. It will make our jobs WAY easier."

This is the result of decades of the players and league office pushing to have them relax and give players the freedom for their "highlight moves."

The only chance we have is if the players decide, "Ya know what, enough's enough."

I'll commence holding my breath.

3 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Too bad the officials don't have that kind of power. It's not like years ago, on a whim, the refs decided, "Hey, let's stop calling traveling and carrying. It will make our jobs WAY easier."    This is the result of decades of the players and league office pushing to have them relax and give players the freedom for their "highlight moves." The only chance we have is if the players decide, "Ya know what, enough's enough."

I'll commence holding my breath.

While you are probably right, it's such a disadvantage for a defender.  I enjoy great physical defensive basketball.  Bruce Bowen, Paterick Beverley, Marcus Smart, and Avery Bradley are(were) great to watch defending.

Agree with earlier post.... Call more traveling, carrying the ball, and offensive fouls to return the game back to the way it should be played!!

Edited by LTtxfan

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

88077591_10157870191671006_5222969463623

I suppose this is good policy but it reminds me of the time that Magic Johnson gave Karl Malone AIDS.

Also, I feel that avoiding nightly gatherings of ~15,000 people in our nation's most populous cities would be slightly more effective in curbing disease transmission. Completely shocked that they didn't recommend that measure.