2019-2020 NBA Season Thread

Goo Punch

4 hours ago, ztejas said:

Of course they're getting paid. They don't get paid if they refuse to play. The league needs the TV revenue - without it the next CBA is going to be a nightmare.

What I meant was that players, not just the league(owners) need to ease that economic burden as well. If the season is cancelled all the way, I doubt the players will weather that storm better than the owners.

I honestly don’t even care if the season is just cancelled. The thought of watching playoff bball with no crowds and hearing the plays/trash talk is intriguing but I’m so used to no sports and the nba will be out 4.5 months, that’s basically the off-season in normal life. If the majority of players want to play and isolate on a resort for potentially 10 weeks, then let’s do it. It’d be hilarious to see the majority give life long knuckleheads Dwight and Kyrie the “ok you do you and we’ll do us” middle finger.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bartles said:

Sixers stuck at Grand Floridian, which made news a couple years ago when an alligator ate a 2-year-old boy in the lagoon

So the scrubs are stuck at Lil Yachti's. 

The mid-tiers are at the Grand Floridian (a nice resort).

And the top tier is at the newest premier resort. '

Do the Lil' Yachtis teams get to move into the Grand Floridian if they make the playoffs? 

It is a bit like Survivor - two island plus an edge of extinction. 

Edited by washparkhorn

ESPN's IG listed the NBA leaders of the decade in points, assists, steals, threes, blocks, and rebounds. the leaders in points, threes, and steals were fairly obvious, and the assist leader wasn't too surprising, but the leaders in blocks and rebounds would have taken me a few guesses. so without looking it up, who y'all got in assists, rebounds, and blocks?

Edited by Goo Punch

On 6/16/2020 at 4:53 PM, Kermit said:

Yacht Boi’s designation is killing me. 

You two look like a couple of boobies.  

it’s the best man, I got it from a negro.  

the best yacht club scene in history.

81F7DCDD-D9E5-456D-8F6B-2B08038308D7.jpeg

Edited by Sbbruin

On 6/3/2020 at 1:21 PM, Vic Mackey said:

But the NBA never had to compete with the NFL during their playoff run. That is the main difference now. 

and the NFL plays on 3 nights of the week. I think the NBA would be wise to avoid Sundays for sure, but Thursdays and Mondays are up for grabs. Not too mention the NBA will have a lot of good will built up from being the 1st of the 3 major professional sports in America to return to play. Baseball is the sport that is severely fucking itself in the ass right now.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2020 at 12:21 PM, Braff Zacklin said:

Who leads on points? I'm guessing LeBron is tops with Durant, Harden and Westbrook close behind? That was one helluva nucleus of young talent they had at OKC.

yep. LBJ on points, Steph on threes, CP3 on steals.

6 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

Put me in the camp of doubtful this actually gets finished.

Golf should provide a little guidance.  They’ve now had some positive tests and were aggressive in isolating players with exposure.  If they don’t blow up with positive tests, there’s a chance that it can be contained with the right precautions.  If they have 15 positive tests next week, in a non-contact sport, then there is probably no hope.

1 hour ago, Don Johnson said:

Jokic
Hield
Jabari Parker
Alex Len
Malcolm Brogdon
Derrick Jones Jr. 

That's just what we know.  2 Suns players are tested positive.  Woj reported one WC playoff team had 4 positives. 

I’m a little shocked Porzingis didn’t have it (I assume he doesn’t because I’ve seen video of him working out at the Mavs facility with team personnel present).  He’s most likely been neck deep in Eastern European snatch for the last few months and he doesn’t strike me as the most cautious dude on the planet.

• Like 1

Just like all other sports......within a week someone will test positive and it will be over.
It will happen in MLB and the NFL and college football.
I hate to say it but this is just not going to work this year.

I’m less optimistic than I was 30 days ago. And with our 3 most populous states all on the same upward trend at the same time...there’s gonna be a 1% chance it’s started on time(football). Time to exhaust delayed starts schedules to see if that’ll work.

Basketball, weve already had one off season in the books by the time the season starts at the end of July ...just cancel the damn thing. Start 20/21 a few months later than normal, see where we’re at as a nation in containing this thing.

If vaccines are available, then we can maybe see sports later than normal...but it’s something and not a bandaid league

Steamboat with the throwback "What if one person tests positive" post. If you follow sports globally, athletes have been testing positive all along and the leagues are rolling through their planned schedules. That's why Brogdon was like, see you guys in Orlando.

I do expect some eye-popping NBA numbers assuming teams release the info over the next few days. But they could quarantine the entire team/staff starting today and still be able to get to Orlando are start the season on time.

Golf should provide a little guidance.  They’ve now had some positive tests and were aggressive in isolating players with exposure.  If they don’t blow up with positive tests, there’s a chance that it can be contained with the right precautions.  If they have 15 positive tests next week, in a non-contact sport, then there is probably no hope.
Golf: The ultimate team sport.
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Surprised this isn't getting more attention. Guess most assumed it.

Dude evolved his game over the years. Put the hurt on our Spurs more than once, but still appreciated him.

Hard to believe this was 20 years ago.

Vince’s career was a little strange.  Aside from his dunking, I disliked everything about Vince Carter when he was in Toronto.  My opinion of him was pretty much set in stone.  He was a me-first volume scorer who never won shit.  Then he showed up in Dallas, and I expected the worst of a player whose primary skill was athleticism on the downside of his career.  And then an amazing thing happened.  Vince Carter became like the best role player ever.  Beloved by all, willing to assume any role asked of him, and he could still bring the A game from time to time, usually when it really mattered.  He’s eked out the last few years in the league because he’s basically an assistant coach charged with teaching young guys how to be a professional.  If you would have told me that would happen when he was a younger player, I would’ve told you you were crazy.  Happy trails Vinsanity!

• Like 2