2019-2020 NBA Season Thread

Goo Punch

2 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Damn what a shootout. Sometimes not having a rooting interest is a bonus, as you don't have to agonize over each trip down the court. You can just sit back and watch the hoopin. 

Yeah. I'm fairly ambiguous on this series. I can't really cheer for the Mavs, I can't cheer for Kawhi, I have some money on the Clippers making the Finals, but I want to watch a good series. 

I think I wanted the Mavs to win that one though. I really, really don't like watching Kawhi win.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Luka's a top 5 player in the NBA right now.  Maybe top 3.

Don't @ me.

Top 5 he has a very good argument. Top 3 - tougher claim. You're saying hes better than 4 of Harden, Giannis, LeBron, Jimmy Butler, Dame and Kawhi.

Gun to my head I take him over Dame and maybe Harden. LeBron, Kawhi and Giannis probably not.

I would put him over AD, Jokic, Embiid, Westbrook for sure.

Edited by ztejas
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Top 5 he has a very good argument. Top 3 - tougher claim. You're saying hes better than 4 of Harden, Giannis, LeBron, Jimmy Butler, Dame and Kawhi.

Gun to my head I take him over Dame and maybe Harden. LeBron, Kawhi and Giannis probably not.

I would put him over AD, Jokic, Embiid, Westbrook for sure.

Maybe defense is the difference maker, but I don't see much difference between Donic, Kawhi, Giannis, and Lebron right now.

Key for the Mavs will be to put the right pieces around him and not waste his 20s like the Cavs did with Lebron from 03-10, giving him nothing but scrubs to work with.

17 minutes ago, CBT said:

Seth married to PGs ex, FYI.

Seth’s wife is one of Doc’s daughters. PG’s ex is another one. He cheated on her with a Miami stripper. Doc has to coach him. PG also allegedly fucked Roy Hibbert’s Ex-fiancé while they were engaged. So whoever guessed that the P in Playoff P stood for pussy might have a point. 

edit: so apparently it was Seth’s wife. I’m an idiot. 

Edited by Kermit
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Kermit said:

Seth’s wife is one of Doc’s daughters. PG’s ex is another one. He cheated on her with a Miami stripper. Doc has to coach him. PG also allegedly fucked Roy Hibbert’s Ex-fiancé while they were engaged. So whoever guessed that the P in Playoff P stood for pussy might have a point. 

That’s Playoff OPP

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Maybe defense is the difference maker, but I don't see much difference between Donic, Kawhi, Giannis, and Lebron right now.

Key for the Mavs will be to put the right pieces around him and not waste his 20s like the Cavs did with Lebron from 03-10, giving him nothing but scrubs to work with.

Luka is incredible, but he's nowhere near the two-way player that Kawhi or Giannis are. 

But, there are guys that are so good on offense that their defense doesn't matter that much and they're still MVP level. Steve Nash is the first example I can think of. Luka's trajectory is in that direction. He's unreal. I hate that he's on the Mavericks, just like I hated Dirk being on the Mavericks, because they're hard to hate. 

42 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

porzingis would be the best player Lebron played with in his career besides Wade and AD. 

39 minutes ago, Kermit said:

edit: so apparently it was Seth’s wife. I’m an idiot. 

Doc really wants that 2nd ring. 

7 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I know the Nets are easily the worst team left in the playoffs, but man do the Raptors look good. Such a high effort, cerebral team. Fun to watch.

I hear that but also have to remind myself this team was built with KD and Kryie in mind so most of that team is scrubs. It’s impressive what they are doing even without the only two really good players. Just a reminder that the East sucks dog dick

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Message Board User said:

I just want to see more from Luka. He's not as consistent with his scoring and turns the ball over a lot. But he has games like today where he might as well be the best player in the league. I just want to see him burn a team over a complete series like we know those other guys are capable of. 

Regardless, when you're in the convo with LeBron and Kawhi who was the best player in the playoffs last season and Giannis who is doing absolutely unreal things on both ends you're getting it done. 

33 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I just want to see more from Luka. He's not as consistent with his scoring and turns the ball over a lot. But he has games like today where he might as well be the best player in the league. I just want to see him burn a team over a complete series like we know those other guys are capable of. 

Regardless, when you're in the convo with LeBron and Kawhi who was the best player in the playoffs last season and Giannis who is doing absolutely unreal things on both ends you're getting it done. 

Well in 4 games against the best defense in the association he has 126 points, 42 rebounds, 39 assists,  two triple doubles and a game winning step back 3 at the buzzer against like 17 turnovers, 4 of which were in the first few minutes of his first ever nba playoff game. 

one of two guys to get triple doubles in his first 4 playoff games (magic), and just posted the third EVER playoff 40/15/10 game (Oscar and Barkley).

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, gsoda3 said:

? He averaged 28.8 for the season.

That's not what consistent means.

15 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Well in 4 games against the best defense in the association he has 126 points, 42 rebounds, 39 assists,  two triple doubles and a game winning step back 3 at the buzzer against like 17 turnovers, 4 of which were in the first few minutes of his first ever nba playoff game. 

one of two guys to get triple doubles in his first 4 playoff games (magic), and just posted the third EVER playoff 40/15/10 game (Oscar and Barkley).

I'm aware of what he's done in this series. What argument are you making? That he's the best player in the league? That he's better than Kawhi or Harden? Tell me your goalposts.