2019-2020 NBA Season Thread

Goo Punch

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

And that is absolutely a foul. You can't go stand in a 3 point shooters landing space like that. Burke is an idiot. He isn't in the restricted area or around the rim. 

He wasn't in his landing space until he decided to cover five feet of ground in the air by jumping forward while shooting in a motion that is by absolutely no means a normal shooting motion. Not a foul. If anything a charge. Defender stood perfectly still. Your contention is that a defender can stand completely still in his established space and an offensive player can start a jump shot five feet away, land on the defender, and it's a blocking foul?

Edited by BradInATX

Just now, BradInATX said:

He wasn't in his landing space until he decided to cover five feet of ground in the air by jumping forward while shooting in a motion that is by absolutely no means a normal shooting motion. Not a foul. If anything a charge.

It's honestly amazing how little you know about basketball.

• Haha 1

Look it doesn't matter because Giannis is an idiot and they gave Jimmy a make up call, but Dragic shuffles his feet into Middleton after Middleton has taken off to shoot the ball. The NBA has specifically tried to prevent plays like this and they recently changed the rule to protect shooters.

1 minute ago, Blotto said:

OKC's offense looks about as effective as Shaka's offense in the few minutes I've been watching since the Heat Bucks game ended. Even down to the bail out 3 with the shot clock expiring.

Yep. But somehow Dort has 8 mostly blind ass luck points keeping them in it. Dennis Schroeder is pretty good though. I’m surprised Atlanta cut bait on him so quickly for almost nothing. He’s pretty talented. 

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Look it doesn't matter because Giannis is an idiot and they gave Jimmy a make up call, but Dragic shuffles his feet into Middleton after Middleton has taken off to shoot the ball. The NBA has specifically tried to prevent plays like this and they recently changed the rule to protect shooters.

I thought Middleton jumped into him a little bit. Seemed like dragics was more of a natural move than Middleton, but like Doris Burke said “you do it for a living so you’re probably right”. The ref agrees with you. But I definitely think the former refs felt the pressure and gave butler the make up call. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

Just now, GabrielsHorn said:

If the Bucks lose to the Heat, Bud is absolutely getting fired. It's shocking how bad of a playoff coach he is compared to a regular season coach, and he has not idea how to manage a playoff rotation. It isn't the regular season - you have to shorten the rotation. 

Yeah, it helps if you start hitting your 3's, which it looks like they are. 

1 minute ago, GabrielsHorn said:

If the Bucks lose to the Heat, Bud is absolutely getting fired. It's shocking how bad of a playoff coach he is compared to a regular season coach, and he has not idea how to manage a playoff rotation. It isn't the regular season - you have to shorten the rotation. 

Regardless of who is coaching, Giannis needs to be better. LeBron wins that game tonight. Durant wins that game tonight. Kawhi wins that game tonight etc. etc.

7 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

33 year old Marvin Williams just got 22 minutes in an NBA playoff game that is very close to being a must-win. Yeah.

On some level, though, it's on the front office for creating a roster that's so helpless and flailing without Giannis that he has to put out 100% effort on both sides of the floor. LeBron, for example, has spent a lot of time on teams that allowed him to take "on-court rests" for extended periods of time on either end of the floor. Same with Curry, Durant, etc. Most of the top players except maybe Kawhi who of course is a robot. They need to find a way to extend Giannis' minutes without grinding him to a pulp. That requires more talent.

Edited by BradInATX

1 minute ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I thought Middleton jumped into him a little bit. Seemed like dragics was more of a natural move than Middleton, but like Doris Burke said “you do it for a living so you’re probably right”. The ref agrees with you. But I definitely think the former refs felt the pressure and gave butler the make up call. 

Steve Javie is a fucking hack. I don't care if he agrees with me or not. I just thought Doris' conviction was a little strange. Go back and watch the "foul" on Butler with the Bucks down 2. That was a worse call imo.

6 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Russ gets the rebound with 2 seconds left in the quarter and just holds it. I fucking hate this aspect of the modern NBA. It's Game 7. Take a dribble and put up a 3/4 court shot. But errybody fucking worried about their shooting percentages.

Oh come on, Westbrook is the one guy in the league you CAN'T say is worried about his shooting percentages.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Oh come on, Westbrook is the one guy in the league you CAN'T say is worried about his shooting percentages.

Bullshit. Dude knows his own stats better than anyone in the league. He'd love a better shooting percentage...he just can't shoot. Doesn't mean that he's willing to take a 1% probability shot. I'd be surprised if he's taken 5 heaves in his entire career.

That was a hell of a tightly called foul for the playoffs there on Harden.  And I don't like Harden at all. These refs must not have gotten the memo that the playoffs started, damn. Both calls at the end of the last game followed by this one.

Edited by BradInATX