2019-2020 NBA Season Thread

Goo Punch

24 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

There’s way more than 1 black GM in the league. Off of the top of my head you have

Masai Ujuri - Raptors 

Elton Brand - 76ers

Calvin Booth -Nuggets

Scott Perry - Knicks 

and I’m pretty sure there are a few more

Detroit Pistons- Troy Weaver 

Cleveland Cavs - Koby Altman

Phoenix Suns - James Jones 

And again there's probably more that I'm not thinking of. 

Nuggs are coming off a brutal series just two days ago while the Clipps have been chilling. Let’s talk in game 3 and see where things stand.

Yeah. If I were coming off a hard fought 7 game series the last team I'd want to see two days later is LAC and their energetic frenetic annoying style. I wouldn't judge off of that game. But they do have to play every other day. No long rests. And the Clips have started to gel in the last few games. Starting to look dangerous.

10 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

There’s way more than 1 black GM in the league. Off of the top of my head you have

Masai Ujuri - Raptors 

Elton Brand - 76ers

Calvin Booth -Nuggets

Scott Perry - Knicks 

and I’m pretty sure there are a few more

My fault, team president is the position I was talking about.    Doc Rivers has a VP title as well but I'm pretty positive there are no more black team presidents outside of Ujiri in TOR.

22 minutes ago, d2o said:

My fault, team president is the position I was talking about.    Doc Rivers has a VP title as well but I'm pretty positive there are no more black team presidents outside of Ujiri in TOR.

Jordan is Chairman of the Hornets 

Edited by TonyTexas

10 hours ago, Party_Taco said:

Nuggs are coming off a brutal series just two days ago while the Clipps have been chilling. Let’s talk in game 3 and see where things stand.

A brutal series with another perennial playoff also-ran that they were extremely fortunate to win. LAC is punching in a different weight class. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the LA teams put their feet down in the 2nd round and dispatch their opponents in short order in preparation for the WCF.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Party_Taco said:

The Nuggets just arent that good man.   I know they have a lot of injuries but they needed a historic performance from Murray to beat a decent Jazz team in 7 games.

19 minutes ago, d2o said:

The Nuggets just arent that good man.   I know they have a lot of injuries but they needed a historic performance from Murray to beat a decent Jazz team in 7 games.

True, but the Clips also needed six to beat a non-Porzingis Mavs team. Despite the circumstances, it's still the playoffs and the competition is always better. Also, there is always a game one overreaction, but no doubt the Nuggets looked extremely outclassed last night. They didn't belong on the floor with them.

Honestly, we haven't seen much of a completely healthy Clippers team this year. Although they've had a bunch of guys in and out of the bubble, they have arguably benefited more from the extra rest than any other teams. That extra four months for Paul George to get over his shoulder surgeries and for Kawhi to soothe his chronic vaginitis are huge for them.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, aggie08 said:

A brutal series with another perennial playoff also-ran that they were extremely fortunate to win. LAC is punching in a different weight class. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the LA teams put their feet down in the 2nd round and dispatch their opponents in short order in preparation for the WCF.

Agree with this.  The Nuggets seem like a regular season team, IMO..... not surprising considering their home court advantage and not having it in the bubble.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Agree with this.  The Nuggets seem like a regular season team, IMO..... not surprising considering their home court advantage and not having it in the bubble.

I agree.  I love their talent and their style of play, but unfortunately they don't seem to possess enough grit or focus on the defensive end of the court to be anything other than a pretty thing to look at it.  

21 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

They've been TOR West (pre-Kawhi) for me for a couple yrs now.   Look great in reg season.  Cant do shit in the playoffs.

Steve Nash has to be watching all this thinking, "Mother fuckers, I'm a two-time MVP, and helped spark the NBA's offensive revolution. But, sure, Tyronn Lue knows more about basketball than me because he won a title with Shaq and was an assistant coach in close proximity to LeBron."

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Don Johnson said:

Barkley chimes in on SAS’s claim that Nash was hired due to white privilege. 

But Dan Wolken writes an entire article on it today with nary a mention of Kidd, Jackson, Isiah, etc

https://mobile.twitter.com/loonardi/status/1301991322878910466

Quick google search, since 1980 9 of 16 first time head coaches were black. This is just lazy divisive reporting

• Like 1

Duck man. I was wrong about the Bucks and about the heats upside. 
I done tried to told you. Teams that run a lot and bog down in half court against good defenses never do well in the playoffs. And Middleton/Bledsoe are the definition of fool's gold.

I also remember catching shit for saying Jimmy Butler is top 10. Business trip son!

8 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

He still is under contract until summer of '21, but if he signals that he isn't coming back, then the Bucks ought to deal him.

Heat and Mavs have mega cap space after the '21 season, FYI.

LBJ’s contract will have expired.  A AD/Giannis combo has a nice ring to it.

6 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

LBJ’s contract will have expired.  A AD/Giannis combo has a nice ring to it.

Actually, LBJ has a player option for 21-22 for $41 million.  

He's the only current Laker under contract for that season, but assuming Davis signs, that is gonna eat up another huge chunk.  Plus Kuzma will have a new deal, too.

And Luol Deng will still be getting paid that season too.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/LAL.html

Edited by Francisco 2.0