2019-2020 NBA Season Thread

Goo Punch

How are the Clippers shooting so poorly and winning? Just tuned in right before half.

Paul George is one of the strangest players in basketball. Looked at the box score to see how the game is going and see a stat line of 2-5 shooting for 4 points,  1 rebound, 2 assists, 1 steal, 3 turnovers, and 3 fouls. Terrible statline. Then you look over and see that he leads the team in +/- at +9. Just a bizarre player.

4 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

You should've just let her pick by the animals she likes. She would've won the league.

She basically picked all Saints (our team) and former Saints players, players she knows of for whatever random ass reason, and inexplicably Stefon Diggs because she remembers him from the Minnesota Miracle. So yeah she'll probably dominate the league almost purely on accident. It does project her as the second best team. 

There's no way Denver isn't beat up and worn down at this point. They've played every other night for more than three weeks in a row, first in a grueling emotional series with Utah, followed by the Clippers and their active motion offense and pesky defense. This series feels over to me. Murray has lost all of his confidence and they look lost on offense as a team. They're all sort of standing around waiting for someone else to figure out the LAC puzzle. They have defeated and tired body language.

Edited by BradInATX

29 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

She basically picked all Saints (our team) and former Saints players, players she knows of for whatever random ass reason, and inexplicably Stefon Diggs because she remembers him from the Minnesota Miracle. So yeah she'll probably dominate the league almost purely on accident. It does project her as the second best team. 

Ah Saints fan. Explains a lot

51 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

There's no way Denver isn't beat up and worn down at this point. They've played every other night for more than three weeks in a row, first in a grueling emotional series with Utah, followed by the Clippers and their active motion offense and pesky defense. This series feels over to me. Murray has lost all of his confidence and they look lost on offense as a team. They're all sort of standing around waiting for someone else to figure out the LAC puzzle. They have defeated and tired body language.

They played one more game in the first round than the Clippers. They just aren't anywhere close to the Clippers level. If Jokic is your best player, this is about as far as you can expect to go in the West. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

I hope her player evaluations are better than yours. 

2 hours ago, BradInATX said:

Actually I was going to see if you could predict her team goes winless, wouldn't mind her winning the first place money.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

You two should get a room and fuck it out. But please don’t- it’s my favorite ongoing bit on this thread. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

Random thought from last night's game. I decided, somewhat ironically given the happenings in the Mavs/Clips series, that the Mavericks should go after Montrezl Harrell in free agency this year. While I think the whole "Mavs need Charles Oakley to come in and beat up their opponents!!" is a stupid hot take, they do need more nasty (tm Pop). They need more assertiveness and energy and funk. They need a couple of aggressive, rash American dudes that will give the team some swagger. It's a good basketball fit too, he'd be a great bench energy guy, can play small ball C in a pinch next to Porzingis. He works hard and smart off-ball to find creases which would work really with with Luka. He's also becoming a very capable defender. No idea if it works cap wise or whatever. Also, fuck the Mavericks.

Edited by BradInATX

I'm a bit late on posting this, but seeing Butler lead Miami to at least the Conference Finals is pretty cool.

The before and after win totals of teams he left shows that every team's win percentage went down without him.

Chicago 41 with 27 without.

Minnesota 47 with 36 without (He was part of the team for 10 games that year)

Philadelphia 51 with (43-30 in a shortened season after.). Philly went 42-25 with him during that 51 win season.

Miami was 39-43 without him last year. This season they were on pace to win at least 50 games, but finished 44-29 in the shortened season.

I am not pointing this out because I am a fan boy or anything like that, it's just to illustrate that the narrative about him not fitting in or being a bad teammate was incorrect. It was a narrative I always found to be exactly that and could never understand why people ran with it when the results of his career show his value to the teams he was on. Everywhere this guy goes the team gets better. It isn't a coincidence that every team he leaves does not improve. He just needed some mentally tough teammates that love the game as much as he does around him. The results speak for themselves.

3 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

I'm a bit late on posting this, but seeing Butler lead Miami to at least the Conference Finals is pretty cool.

The before and after win totals of teams he left shows that every team's win percentage went down without him.

Chicago 41 with 27 without.

Minnesota 47 with 36 without (He was part of the team for 10 games that year)

Philadelphia 51 with (43-30 in a shortened season after.). Philly went 42-25 with him during that 51 win season.

Miami was 39-43 without him last year. This season they were on pace to win at least 50 games, but finished 44-29 in the shortened season.

I am not pointing this out because I am a fan boy or anything like that, it's just to illustrate that the narrative about him not fitting in or being a bad teammate was incorrect. It was a narrative I always found to be exactly that and could never understand why people ran with it when the results of his career show his value to the teams he was on. Everywhere this guy goes the team gets better. It isn't a coincidence that every team he leaves does not improve. He just needed some mentally tough teammates that love the game as much as he does around him. The results speak for themselves.

Its always been kinda funny how much of a blue collar franchise the Heat are in just the opposite of blue collar MIA.   Jimmy found an org that embraces and loves guys that work hard and expect the same from their teammates.   It was a perfect match.

• Hook 'Em 1

They gotta blow it up right? Maybe trade everyone for picks/assets

This is way too many games where harden has either shrunk late or failed to show up at all in pivotal games. Russ just doesn’t have it.

I’m sure the offensive system is part of the problem but man they really don’t have a way out as currently constructed

They gotta blow it up right? Maybe trade everyone for picks/assets

This is way too many games where harden has either shrunk late or failed to show up at all in pivotal games. Russ just doesn’t have it.

I’m sure the offensive system is part of the problem but man they really don’t have a way out as currently constructed
I think they just go ahead and trade for Lillard. Bring in another guy who won't ever win anything to go with Harden.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1