2019-2020 NBA Season Thread

Goo Punch

Denver has the makings of a dynasty. Jokic is a legit MVP candidate. Murray is looking like Kobe 2.0. There are solid role players like Gary Harris, Jerami Grant and Paul Milsap.

Then you have Michael Porter who might be the most talented player on the roster and he is barely making an impact yet. Everybody is on long term contracts. Even Bol Bol may make a contribution someday.

Imagine if Denver hadn’t traded Donovan Mitchel on draft night in 2017 for basically nothing.

You can't praise Jokic enough for his performance this series. Superhuman. He carried the entire team on his back for 5 games against a fabricated super team, just long enough for Murray and the rest to get hot and help him finish this off. Incredible individual performance. Atlas would be impressed.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, HookEm said:

Denver never would have happened in a normal year. Upsets are so much easier in the bubble without the crowd and subsequent Ref home calls.

BS hack by Beverly there.

I don't know, Denver's home court advantage is probably stronger than the Clippers'. Doc, George, and Lou Williams carry a lot of playoff baggage that's hard to break through.

I have maintained this about Paul George since he was in Indiana and it's nothing personal against the guy, but if he is your best player, like he was in Indiana, you aren't winning anything. If he is your 2nd best player, like what he is supposed to be for the Clips, then you do not have a 2nd best player.

11 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

I cannot express how delicious this result is.

Began to love this Nuggets team when they worked my Spurs over in the 2019 playoffs. Just brilliant to watch the two-man game between Jokic and Murray.

Just beautiful to see, as a Spurs fan.  What a brutal loss for the Clippers.

• Hook 'Em 1