Goo Punch

2019-2020 NBA Season Thread

remember the Hamptons from as far back as 2018?  Green is the only one playing this season for GS. If counting Cousins, he's out for the year also. If DA Russell is Hamptons +1, he gone too. Livingston retired. Poof , total devastation in such a short time.  Iggy with Memphis.

180516-hamptons-five.jpg

Edited by NowThis

19 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

<----- Googles Teanna Trump. 

oh, my! 

Edited by Underdog

Watching Doncic and LBJ each flirting with averaging a triple double, i can't help but notice how drastically different it looks when they do it vs when Russ did it. The further we get away from Russ's MVP season the more fraudulent and pathetic it looks. Imagine LBJ fighting Anthony Davis for wide open rebounds, or Doncic's teammates all scrambling to get him the ball in a concerted effort to help him accrue hollow stats, as opposed to playing a team game and running an actual offense. Knowing how hard Russ *and* his teammates had to try to accomplish the feat makes what Luka and LBJ are currently doing that much more impressive.

Edited by Goo Punch

Irregardless of the outcome, if Paul George is your 2nd best player you do not have a 2nd best player. I would also say if your best player is a midget by NBA standards then you are not a serious title contender. Zeke was the one and only small guy in my lifetime who was the best player on a championship team. 

I am also okay with a nuke hitting Staples tonight.

Edited by UpperWestside

21 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

Irregardless of the outcome, if Paul George is your 2nd best player you do not have a 2nd best player. I would also say if your best player is a midget by NBA standards then you are not a serious title contender. Zeke was the one and only small guy in my lifetime who was the best player on a championship team. 

I am also okay with a nuke hitting Staples tonight.

I think the hope is that Tatum is their best player.

Jesus, the refs in that LAC/BOS game were setting records for most egregiously wrong calls. Kemba laid out for the obvious charge late in the game and the refs choke on their own dicks. Just fucking terrible.

That said, Kanter's pitiful efforts on defense in limited minutes in the second half might have been the difference in the game. Theis also consistently played the high screen wrong.

Edited by Llogg

On 11/19/2019 at 2:15 PM, Sbbruin said:

Anybody read this on Jeff David, former Chief Revenue Officer of the Kings?  Crazy fraud case.  Fascinating read.  I'm not through all of it yet though.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28078881/how-nba-executive-jeff-david-stole-13-million-sacramento-kings

Crazy story. Arnovitz is a great writer, love all his stuff.