2019-2020 NBA Season Thread

Goo Punch

2 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

OKC beat the Clippers last night and they’re #7 in  the West.  The process is not working.  I’m sure the annual Chris Paul injury is around the corner so that will be that.

SGA looks legit, though.  They got him out of this plus the draft picks.....

They need to build around SGA. If I’m then I try to move out Adams and, if possible, Chris Paul. Start the bottoming out process and begin the rebuild without the albatross contracts

Not much else he can do. Philly has a roster constructed around stopping Giannis. They have simply too many long defenders and it’s really easy for them to build a wall to prevent Giannis getting to the rim. He’s 7-25 so far and 0-7 on 3s so nothing has been successful whether it’s 3s or 2s.

On 12/25/2019 at 7:25 PM, Wally Pryor said:

D FUCK these camera angles ?

My BIL and I had some edibles when we got home from Christmas at my wife’s grandmother’s house, and I knew they were kicking in when they went to those crazy camera angles. I thought we had started playing a video game or something. 

I love Dame--he gets slightly better every year, and he sets the culture in Portland--but holy shit does he consistently get overrated. He's had two great playoffs series in his career--each highlighted by series ending shots--and then a whole lot of absolute duds. It goes under the radar in the Pacific Northwest, and he doesn't get near the scrutiny of a Harden or Curry.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Is this from before curry and Durant got hurt?

I mean it's obvious that he's valuing the 2019 playoffs over anything that's happened this season; but, while I'm perfectly fine with that methodology, it still can't begin to explain Marc fucking Gasol. Shit, may as well put Kyle Lowry there for his out-of-body first half in the closeout Game 6 if you're going to throw shit against the wall.

Edited by aggie08

3 hours ago, ocugolf said:

Should OKC be buyers? They are playing really well. I think SGA and the rebirth of Chris Paul may have expedited the rebuild. They have a bunch of pretty good young pieces and so many damn picks coming up.  

That's a great question, although they can't really buy too much as they're already paying tax.  They also have to figure out what they want to do with Gallinari, who's expiring.  They may just let him expire and either try a S&T or let him walk for space.  I also keep reading about Steven Adams being offered up with Atlanta being interested.  But if they can get a rebuilder who wants to get rid of some decent assets under contract for an expiring and a low first then I think Presti will consider it.  As well as they're playing (7th seed), they still don't have a cohesive plan in place.  They can't trade CP3 yet and don't seem to be sold on Adams.  I would think Gallo is gone so who is their L-T core besides SGA?  Maybe they can package Gallo and Adams for a big piece although that may be far fetched...