Texas House elections 2020

Message Board User

5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Lol. I’ll take “no” for $500,  Alex. 

Agreed.

But I also thought Nebraska was gonna kick the shit outta Texas in 96.

Texas is in play enough that it’s worth it for the Dems to actually recruit and run some real candidates.  That’s a huge shift.

Ds need to flip nine seats. There are some Rs in Beto districts but am outright flip of the house is unlikely. That said, the Trump admin has had the unintended consequence of accelerating the weakening of the GOP monopoly in TX beyond what anyone expects. If Trump is underwater here in 2020, who knows.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

From the article:

"Everything is focused on redistricting," state Sen. Kelly Hancock, R-North Richland Hills, said at a recent Tea Party meeting as he fielded questions about the demise of some controversial legislation this session. "There is nothing more important — not only to Texas, but literally the nation — than to make sure that we maintain the Texas House ... going into redistricting because if you look at the nation — we lose Texas, we lose the nation. And there's no other place to go."

I read that as: we are going to cheat like hell to maintain or worsen our gerrymandered districts to our benefit.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Larry T. Spider said:

From the article:

"Everything is focused on redistricting," state Sen. Kelly Hancock, R-North Richland Hills, said at a recent Tea Party meeting as he fielded questions about the demise of some controversial legislation this session. "There is nothing more important — not only to Texas, but literally the nation — than to make sure that we maintain the Texas House ... going into redistricting because if you look at the nation — we lose Texas, we lose the nation. And there's no other place to go."

I read that as: we are going to cheat like hell to maintain or worsen our gerrymandered districts to our benefit.

Fuck anyone associated with that tea party bullshit. Fuck these people. Get them the fuck out.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Larry T. Spider said:

From the article:

I read that as: something in our internal polling has us scared shitless.

2 hours ago, Homercles said:

Rise of the Tea Party, and not of Trumpism, is when I decided I was never voting GOP again. Ever.

Yeah....when our dumbass GOP governor played to the mouthbreathers by activating the Texas guard to protect us from...the US military “taking over” US territory....that was the tombstone.

6 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah....when our dumbass GOP governor played to the mouthbreathers by activating the Texas guard to protect us from...the US military “taking over” US territory....that was the tombstone.

To the governor's credit, he and Dan Patrick have successfully prevented the Gestapo in Bastropo.

• Like 1