Honey, I’m home

Is it safe?

Warri-ors, come out and play-y

Say hello to my little friend

Soylent green is people

I'm sorry, Dave, I’m afraid I can’t do that

What am I doing? I’m quietly judging you

"I say we take off, nuke the site from orbit...It's the only way to be sure."

"Seventeen *days*? Hey man, I don't wanna rain on your parade, but we're not gonna last seventeen hours!

"What are we talking about here...pussy, right?  Let's face it Harry...the Vette...get's 'em wet!"

"Rosebud"

3 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

"I say we take off, nuke the site from orbit...It's the only way to be sure."

"Seventeen *days*? Hey man, I don't wanna rain on your parade, but we're not gonna last seventeen hours!

Why don't you put her in charge?! gets me every time.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

*Laughs hysterically*... "The fall will probably kill you."

edit: and of course ztejas beats me to it by quoting the entire movie, so here's my follow up:

"Do you know what's in the dictionary next to the word, 'idiot?'"
"...my... picture?"
"No! It's the definition of the word 'idiot!' Which you are!"

Edited by Rimbo
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

*Laughs hysterically*... "The fall will probably kill you."

edit: and of course ztejas beats me to it by quoting the entire movie, so here's my follow up:

"Do you know what's in the dictionary next to the word, 'idiot?'"
"...my... picture?"
"No! It's the definition of the word 'idiot!' Which you are!"

Well I repped you because "the fall will probably kill you" was a close 2nd. But you can quote damn near the entire film. 

Also in contention was:

"If I draw on you you'll kill me" 
"There's that possibility"

6 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

well, greatest screenwriter of all time.

if you haven't read his books, get busy.

What would you recommend someone start with? Besides the Princess Bride which I've seen probably 30 times. 

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Well I repped you because "the fall will probably kill you" was a close 2nd. But you can quote damn near the entire film. 

Also in contention was:

What would you recommend someone start with? Besides the Princess Bride which I've seen probably 30 times. 

start with "adventures in the screen trade."  it's a must-read for anyone remotely interested in movies, and definitely isn't too "inside baseball" for those who don't much care for the behind the scenes aspects.  the follow-up to that was called "which lie did i tell", which covers the back half of goldman's career.  both books are largely dominated by him going from project to project, but he does a great job of mixing in anecdotes and humor, which makes sections entertaining even if you're not a fan of a specific film.

https://www.amazon.com/Adventures-Screen-Trade-Hollywood-Screenwriting/dp/0446391174/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=william+goldman&qid=1560801045&s=books&sr=1-1

i won't threadjack any more, but feel free to pm me to discuss some of his other work - both fic and non-fic.  i've read a decent amount of his stuff.  you've also no doubt watched a ton of his work in movies, even if it was completely uncredited (good will hunting, cough).

• Like 1

Pedro Cerrano:
Bats, they are sick. I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid. I ask Jobu to come, take fear from bats. I offer him cigar, rum. He will come.

Eddie Harris:
You know you might think about taking Jesus Christ as your savior instead of fooling around with all this stuff.

Jake Taylor:
Harris.

Pedro Cerrano:
Jesus, I like him very much, but he no help with curveball.

Eddie Harris:
You trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?

Mr. Madison, what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

Also in contention was:

The book is as good as the film, while being its own thing entirely. The bit between Buttercup's parents is classic.

• Like 1

If I woke up with my head sewn to the carpet I wouldn’t be more surprised than I am now.

Here’s to swimmin with bow legged women.

Welcome to the party, pal!

This town stinks like a whorehouse at low tide.

I've drank more beer, pissed more blood, and banged more quiff than all you numb-nuts put together

Edited by Incredulity

Brothers don't shake hands.  Brothers' gotta hug...

" I'm not a Quaker"   yeah, it's a miniseries, but it is the  episode of Cpt Winters' taking leadership.  At that moment, he became omnipotent to his men.

"How'd you get that fat lip?" "an old war wound...acts up around morons."

What business is it of yours where I'm from Friendo?

“The hardest thing on earth is choosing what matters” - lonesome dove

“Son, you got a panty on your head” - Raising Arizona

“If there's one thing on this planet you don't look like it's a bunch of good luck walkin around” - No Country for Old Men”

Verna: I bet you think you've raised hell...
Tom Reagan: Sister...when I've raised hell you'll know it. - Miller’s Crossing