What are your favorite movie quotes?

XYZ

For a laugh-by-numbers script, it's a rather poignant line from.  And very well delivered from an actor who I don't think I ever saw again.  His next best line from the writers is, "Just go eat an Eskimo Pie or something."  He didn't have much to work with.  

Favorite:

Ernest Hemingway once wrote, "The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.

What difference do you think you can make, one single man in all this madness?

Most quoted:

That's why they call it space. 

Hurry Tommy, before zee Germans get here. 

• Like 1

On 6/17/2019 at 2:08 PM, ztejas said:

All 93 of these. But "Picked a hell of a time to tell me" is my favorite. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064115/characters/nm0000056

Probably my favorite screenplay overall. 

Between my dad, my brother, and me, any time one of us royally screws-up something, one of the other two will ask, "Think you used enough dynamite there, Butch?"

Why does he call me "meat?"  I'm the one driving the Porsche.

Never get out of the boat. Absolutely goddammed right.  Unless you were going all the way.  Kurtz got off the boat.  He split from the whole fucking program.

Toodaloo, muthafuckas.

“By the authority vested in me by Kaiser Wilhelm II, I pronounce you man and wife. Proceed with the execution.” (The African Queen)

“Just remember what ol’ Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol’ storm right square in the eye and he says, “Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it.” (Big Trouble I’m Little China) 

• Like 1

as far as quotes i use in everyday life:

"i'm from texas.  it's in the southwestern part of the united states." (this works because i don't actually live in texas)

"what could the bosses do, they're 1500 miles away and i don't know anybody who can see that far." (i change up the beginning portion, typically reflecting wherever my wife is)

"i was misinformed." (because i often am)

(Most quoted, when the situation arises)

Yeah, let's go get sushi and not pay.

Seen one eat a rockin' chair one time...

Right now we gotta get my car outta this bad area

We are gonna get him the HELL... outta there.

Find one in every car.    You'll see.

Nothin' but the best.

THEY?  Who the hell is they?

Why, it must be Italian!

6 hours ago, BigBenBamboozle said:

“By the authority vested in me by Kaiser Wilhelm II, I pronounce you man and wife. Proceed with the execution.” (The African Queen)

“Just remember what ol’ Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol’ storm right square in the eye and he says, “Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it.” (Big Trouble I’m Little China) 

Two great ones. You didn't have to name the movies for these. :)