Movie Soundtracks

Daichee Bell

I was just listening to Milquetoast by Helmet and thought about how good The Crow’s soundtrack was. Also, Singles was awesome. In my lifetime, that’s about the time that movies started to push commercial bands/music as part of the movie. List your favorites.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

Bram Stoker's Dracula

Dead Poets Society

Finding Forrester

Forrest Gump

O Brother, Where Art Thou

Pretty In Pink

Wedding Singer

Good Morning Vietnam

Forgot how awesome the soundtrack is on Finding Forrester.  Nice addition. I like your list, I'll add:

Almost Famous 

Blow 

11 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

Did you ever notice that the music during the action scenes of Predator and Back to the Future are very similar?  Or that music used in Howard the Duck was also in Dancing with Wolves?

Saw Dances with Wolves last weekend. I noticed the Love Theme sounds an awful lot like Stranger on the Shore (in Mr. Holland's Opus). I wonder how he got away with that (if he did). Still a great movie.

Starts at :1:05

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4D6lNpoyZs?t=3959

Ennio Morricone is awesone, he's probably my favorite composer of musical scores, even above John Williams.  The Untouchables has one of my favorite main title themes ever.

And I realize that the above score is titled "motion picture soundtrack" but I always make a distinction between the score, and the soundtrack.  Some movies have one or the other, and some movies have both.  But when I think "best movie soundtrack" I'm thinking the various songs in the movie, like Vision Quest, rather than the musical arrangements by composers like John Williams and Ennio Morricone and Maurice Jarre.

• Like 1

Ennio Morricone is awesone, he's probably my favorite composer of musical scores, even above John Williams.  The Untouchables has one of my favorite main title themes ever.

And I realize that the above score is titled "motion picture soundtrack" but I always make a distinction between the score, and the soundtrack.  Some movies have one or the other, and some movies have both.  But when I think "best movie soundtrack" I'm thinking the various songs in the movie, like Vision Quest, rather than the musical arrangements by composers like John Williams and Ennio Morricone and Maurice Jarre.

I totally agree with you, but I figured that the OP kinda intended for both to be included, so I did.

I don’t really remember many “soundtracks” because they’re just songs, so most of them mean little to me.

My thing about Soundtracks... I can hear a song on the radio and remember the exact scene of a certain movie, or multiple movies.  When you damn near remember an entire movie in your mind while listening to the soundtrack, or hearing random songs from a soundtrack, they chose well.  

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 year later...
On 6/17/2019 at 5:30 PM, Daichee Bell said:

I was just listening to Milquetoast by Helmet and thought about how good The Crow’s soundtrack was. Also, Singles was awesome. In my lifetime, that’s about the time that movies started to push commercial bands/music as part of the movie. List your favorites.

I love that your username and avatar reference one of the most perfectly placed songs in any movie ever. 

I’ll add About a Boy. 

• Like 1