Movie Soundtracks

Daichee Bell

On 10/18/2020 at 12:07 PM, Davis Lane said:

empire-records-poster.jpg?w=680

I don't remember much about the movie, though.

I do remember how much I wanted to bang both Liv Tyler and Renee Zelwegger, though.  That was peak times for both of them.

One great song that was in the movie but is not on the soundtrack, is "Plowed" by Sponge.  That song is still on my pump-up mixes for running and exercise and whatnot.

Edited by utee94

14 hours ago, C-Man said:

Some good ones mentioned. Let me add I haven’t seen on this thread:

Score — Millers Crossing

Soundtrack — Trainspotting, 2001: A Space Odyssey and A Clockwork Orange

Love the train spotting soundtrack. Also, was just playing the soundtrack of reservoir dogs to my kids. 

Here's a seasonal twist: Best Halloween/Horror Movie Soundtrack

• Category one: Original Score
  • Catetogory two: Soundtrack

I'm thinking Halloween (1978), The Exorcist, The Shining, and 2001 (if it counts as in this category) for Score

Lost Boys, The Crow, Trick or Treat, From Dusk Till Dawn, The Craft, Maximum Overdrive (?) for Soundtrack

(I'm also not considering "Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park" as a Horror/Halloween movie... more of an extended Music Video. Kiss Saves Santa, though... that's Horror.)

Edited by NWBuck
  • Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, NWBuck said:

Here's a seasonal twist: Best Halloween/Horror Movie Soundtrack

• Category one: Original Score
  • Catetogory two: Soundtrack

I'm thinking Halloween (1978), The Exorcist, The Shining, and 2001 (if it counts as in this category) for Score

Lost Boys, The Crow, Trick or Treat, From Dusk Till Dawn, The Craft, Maximum Overdrive (?) for Soundtrack

(I'm also not considering "Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park" as a Horror/Halloween movie... more of an extended Music Video. Kiss Saves Santa, though... that's Horror.)

You named most of the best.  I'd also add scores by James Newton Howard.  

• 3 years later...

Nina Rota did first two Godfathers and multiple Fellini movies. 

Hal Willner made a fine tribute album. (Willner has done a lot of cool tribute albums) Here’s La Dolce Vita Suite with Blondie and Chris stein pitching in. 

• 1 month later...

Posted about the English Patient Soundtrack on another thread and thought of this.  I do really like the English Patient Soundtrack and it was on my "hosting dinner" play list back in the day. 

I feel like this may have come up on the old site, but I was introduced to Passion: The Last Temptation of Christ, which is sort of a Soundtrack,  by a girl that loved to have it playing in the background when....well you know.  She was fun. But it is a really great Album and I do love me some Peter Gabriel.