Who's going to be the first one banned from Surly?

6 hours ago, Js1 said:

That's kind of the point?

We have a thread for the season to discuss that shit and individual game threads and we also have a thread just to bitch about Shaka and his firing. 

Also, "nothing new and no analysis of coaching or basketball" basically describes the Shaka Smart era. 

3 hours ago, Captainant said:

Kinda matches Shaka's performance 

Image result for spiderman meme

• 2 months later...

What is it going to take to get Upper Westside off my ass. In two days I've lost over a hundred points of rep from him trying to literally neg rep every post I've ever made here.  This is bullshit, one person is not a crowd.  (Not to mention it proves my point of him and his ilk being the actual fascists and authoritarians they claim anyone that disagrees with them about anything are.)

Edited by EMAWesome

What is it going to take to get Upper Westside off my ass. In two days I've lost over a hundred points of rep from him trying to literally neg rep every post I've ever made here.  This is bullshit, one person is not a crowd.  (Not to mention it proves my point of him and his ilk being the actual fascists and authoritarians they claim anyone that disagrees with them about anything are.)

139dbeb4bd1ab5b856a9ec8863473c9b.jpg
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, EMAWesome said:

who gives a shit?  how about you enjoy the fact that this guy has wasted hours of his life because you’re in his head?

• Like 2

Guest Lobo
2 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

Yeah, take having posters follow you from thread to thread negging all your posts as a compliment.  It's happened to me a few times.  The weird thing is they neg rep the more trivial/benign posts too, not the truly offensive ones.  I had a poster post my real name twice, and my wife's real name once.  That was fun.  And about 8-10 years ago, after a impromptu shaggy HH, we're all having a great time and calling each other by our actual names.  Somebody figured out my handle and we all had a laugh, but the one weird guy zero'd in on me and followed me all the way to my house before I had to ask him to chill the fuck out and go back down MoPac.  He didn't want to fight, he was just drunk and wanted some sort of real-life connection to the site or some shit, I dunno.  This is a great community overall though, and a really great venting place during Covid-19.  So don't take it personally.  My advice remains the same now as it did 10 years ago during the first surly/shaggy migration.  This is all just shit on a screen, don't be a Rex Kramer.  

Edited by Lobo

Guest Lobo
14 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

RK followed you home?

No, he just followed me from thread to thread, yeah my bad on the way I phrased it---made it seem like both these folks I described were one in the same person.  The guy who followed me home from the bar was obviously a fellow Austinite.  He was a very prominent poster on the old site and I think he came over to this one briefly, I don't post his handle because he's been completely absent from this site for a long while now and somebody speculated that he wasn't doing well health-wise/possibly dead so I'll leave it at that.  He ended up apologizing to me and was cool to back-and-forth with on shaggy a few years back but don't know what happened to him beyond that.  

Edited by Lobo

5 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

EMAW, you are a particularly bad poster.  I can't say I blame him.

Just because he's cost you $20 is no reason to complain publicly.  In case you didn't know, you can sell your rep back once a month (100 rep points is worth $20).

• Like 1

Guest Lobo
3 hours ago, Iceman said:

^^^^^^^

I know we're all assholes here, but that is fucked up following you home.

Seems like a good way to end up shot.

Again to clarify, this was not rex Kramer.  IRL, Rex posted my name and wife's name on multiple occasions which was weird.  But to be clear, it was NOT him but this other guy that I'm describing.  This was a guy who I got into some playful banter with and he ends up hearing my handle IRL at a bar gathering many, many years ago. And I just go to leave and head home, and I notice he follows me after a "Hey, Cruiser" moment in the parking lot.  He was never physically intimidating and never got out of his car or anything but it was just weird that he went where I lived, and he had posted weird shit for a few months before that as well.  All that to say, some folks have postulated that he may be off the grid or even dead so I'll again leave it at that.  He was a very well known poster on shaggy.  Happened many, many years ago and I only posted the story in the last couple of years because I think/hope it was all harmless and now  I post it again because some folks have pontificated that the guy is in a bad way.  

Anyway, moving on...I think this virus may be bad for us. 

29 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Again to clarify, this was not rex Kramer.  IRL, Rex posted my name and wife's name on multiple occasions which was weird.  But to be clear, it was NOT him but this other guy that I'm describing.  This was a guy who I got into some playful banter with and he ends up hearing my handle IRL at a bar gathering many, many years ago. And I just go to leave and head home, and I notice he follows me after a "Hey, Cruiser" moment in the parking lot.  He was never physically intimidating and never got out of his car or anything but it was just weird that he went where I lived, and he had posted weird shit for a few months before that as well.  All that to say, some folks have postulated that he may be off the grid or even dead so I'll again leave it at that.  He was a very well known poster on shaggy.  Happened many, many years ago and I only posted the story in the last couple of years because I think/hope it was all harmless and now  I post it again because some folks have pontificated that the guy is in a bad way.  

What was his handle at TOS?  Just wondering.

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Tas?

31 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Yikes. I enjoy his special kind of free wheeling, stream of consciousness crazy. It suits this place. Sending out good vibes...

Yeah, I enjoy Phlegm quite a bit.

The people who shit on him need to relax.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Phlegms posts are among the best ever on this or the Shaggy site, right up there w/ Thujones dick pics.  His use of images to convey post messages is/was hilarious.  If you didn't get them the problem wasn't with him....

I've seen people laud him, and I've seen who says "that guys posts are worthless, fuck him", and to the extent it matters, I am perfectly happy being in the latter group.

7 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I've seen people laud him, and I've seen who says "that guys posts are worthless, fuck him", and to the extent it matters, I am perfectly happy being in the latter group.

If you want to get down to it, about 80% of the posts on this site are worthless.  No reason to single out Phlegm for scorn.  Except sometimes they do have a longcat effect that's a bit annoying.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

We all have our crosses to bear. At least you're aware of your limitations.

• Like 1

Guest Lobo

Rex didn't post real names?  Okay news to me.  I think he got banned for it actually, or received a strongly worded letter.  the most recent time, It was June of 2018 iirc.  

And a different guy did follow me from a bar.  Independent of that, about 1-2 years or so ago people on here posted that the guy was having some issues IRL and that's what he dropped off the board completely.    Otherwise I'd be happy to post his handle.

Now the part about the two strippers that also followed me home from a bar to have me judge a dick-sucking contest, yeah...that part I made up.  

You seem unusually interested in these events. 

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

Rex didn't post real names?  Okay news to me.  I think he got banned for it actually, or received a strongly worded letter.  the most recent time, It was June of 2018 iirc.  

And a different guy did follow me from a bar.  Independent of that, about 1-2 years or so ago people on here posted that the guy was having some issues IRL and that's what he dropped off the board completely.    Otherwise I'd be happy to post his handle.

Now the part about the two strippers that also followed me home from a bar to have me judge a dick-sucking contest, yeah...that part I made up.  

You seem unusually interested in these events. 

tor