Who's going to be the first one banned from Surly?

59 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Yet, Derka is still here.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Right. Let's recap what happened today:

1)Someone asked a question about the game

2)I answered his question

3)Like five of you started talking shit to me and insulting me out of nowhere, completely derka'ing the thread

4)Y'all whined about the thread being Derka'd

thats a factual recap of what happened. it's amazing how you all actively seek me out starting shit and then whine when you get what you went looking for. 

oh and of course hen you all pos rep and circle jerk each other about it. edit: case in point, cheeseweasel, the guy who called me a douchebag out of nowhere starting the whole thing is pos repping your post. you all are delusional 

@hayden_horn tell me that's not exactly what happened today 

Edited by Goo Punch

23 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

3)Like five of you started talking shit to me and insulting me out of nowhere, completely derka'ing the thread

thats a factual recap of what happened. it's amazing how you all actively seek me out starting shit and then whine when you get what you went looking for. 

oh and of course hen you all pos rep and circle jerk each other about it. edit: case in point, cheeseweasel, the guy who called me a douchebag out of nowhere starting the whole thing is pos repping your post. you all are delusional 

i dunno, i took off work to watch the game and i'm mostly drunk right now. i saw some shit in the thread, but couldn't be bothered to read it. 

[mention=218]hayden_horn[/mention] tell me that's not exactly what happened today 
You believe yourself to be an "expert" on whatever sport, and NO ONE else is correct. You had already Derka'd the thread all by yourself. It was a mess.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

19 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

You believe yourself to be an "expert" on whatever sport, and NO ONE else is correct. You had already Derka'd the thread all by yourself. It was a mess.

Nope. It's exactly what I said above. Link it if you care to. Someone asked why the Colombia players were harassing the refs; I answered his question with a factual, two word post- "The dive." skipper then (for reasons unknown t me) quoted me accusing me of constantly defending the colombia players, chesseweasel then called me a douchebag, and you said, "guys it's derka, don't even try to argue he's an expert on everything." That's what happened. You guys derka'd the thread. I said something completely innoucous, you all came at me, and then you cried when I came back at you. Although I never even said a word to you, as I didn't even see your post until just now. You were talking ad hominem shit about me in the middle of the game thread, and yet you convince yourself that it was me who fucked it up. It's alarming how often that happens.

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1

Nope. It's exactly what I said above. Link it if you care to. Someone asked why the Colombia players were harassing the refs; I answered his question with a factual, two word post- "The dive." skipper then (for reasons unknown t me) quoted me accusing me of constantly defending the colombia players, chesseweasel then called me a douchebag, and you said, "guys it's derka, don't even try to argue he's an expert on everything." That's what happened. You guys derka'd the thread. I said something completely innoucous, you all came at me, and then you cried when I came back at you. Although I never even said a word to you, as I didn't even see your post until just now. You were talking ad hominem shit about me in the middle of the game thread, and yet you convince yourself that it was me who fucked it up. It's alarming how often that happens.
Not even remotely what my comment was about, but as per usual, you have your own version of the truth and woe to anyone who doesn't agree. Unlike you, I will let this go because I definitely have better things to do, like watch the French countryside roll by.

• Fuck You 1

"my own version of the truth". fuck outta here. you came at me like a dick yesterday out of nowhere. so did several other people in that thread. those are facts. own your shit dude. don't run around starting fires and then whining when shit burns.

also, it's pretty hilarious/pathetic that you're spending your time in the french countryside starting shit with goo punch on surly. you really know how to travel, huh?

Edited by Goo Punch

"my own version of the truth". fuck outta here. you came at me like a dick yesterday out of nowhere. so did several other people in that thread. those are facts. own your shit dude. don't run around starting fires and then whining when shit burns.
also, it's pretty hilarious/pathetic that you're spending your time in the french countryside starting shit with goo punch on surly. you really know how to travel, huh?
You need help. Seriously.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

20 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

Crazier than a shithouse rat. 

• 2 months later...

VMW is making the case for a banning in the kavanaugh cr thread. Making hate-speech-esque statements like "Go stick up a dick up your ass faggot"

and 

"Im sure your parents are real proud of you ending the family lineage by deciding to play with other guys dicks for fun. What an accomplishment. Enjoy being a genetic dead end while you bite pillows for all the guys plowing you."

Now I know the light touch on moderation is part of what makes surly so surly, but I feel like this is crossing a bit of a line...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

VMW is making the case for a banning in the kavanaugh cr thread. Making hate-speech-esque statements like "Go stick up a dick up your ass faggot"

and 

"Im sure your parents are real proud of you ending the family lineage by deciding to play with other guys dicks for fun. What an accomplishment. Enjoy being a genetic dead end while you bite pillows for all the guys plowing you."

Now I know the light touch on moderation is part of what makes surly so surly, but I feel like this is crossing a bit of a line...

and if you don't find it offensive or think it crossed the line it's straight flaming, akin to trollling. he's not even making an attempt to add anything to the discussion at all. no need for people like that around here, and certainly no need to protect them. i say boot him.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Captainant said:

and 

Aggy-level classlessness with no place here. Fuck that guy. 

8 hours ago, Captainant said:

and 

Was asleep when the report came in. Dealt with this AM.

Report him if you see any of this kind of shit again and he'll be gone. 

• Like 2

On 9/16/2018 at 11:15 PM, Captainant said:

and 

As a pillow biter myself, I had a lulz over those comments as I'm reading them here for the first time.  However, I still would've negged him to Bolivia.

• Like 3

So I think being banned due to cloak room posts is bs since everyone hates everyone in there  (not suspended, that’s fine since we all fuck up from time to time and I deserved mine and will deserve more in future as I am mostly a shitty poster due to my content) but got to ask how is stros posting at -120ish?

i like a censorship free world, i like a non echo chamber cloak room, but I don’t like unwritten rules for some posters and ban hammer for others. If I missed the explanation, my bad. Please point me in right direction. Thanks in advance.

Edited by achooloco
  • Fuck You 1

That's easy. After the rep reset, the massive neg bomb and big boost went away. Say stupid shit in CR and there's a greater than zero chance it will get negged. Stros had to keep digging. It is certainly not an echo chamber. Johnny Sack, Chrispy, Incredulity, MixtyMotions and others seem to be able to exist there without being crowd sourced.

agree that saying stupid shit here has more weight than on shaggy since we don’t have years of rep to gamble with but...

I’m posting here cause I’m confused since I thought -100 meant banning and home slice is beyond that. Unless by “massive neg bomb and big boost” you meant something other than the crossover here from the other site.

was there a rep change policy in last couple weeks? My bad, only been working and playing clash Royale in September, barely anytime to check threads outside of recruiting 19, trump 18 and kavenaugh (yes I know 2/3 of that make me a douchebag). 

Not saying boot his ass, fuck it, mods run your site like you want, I’m just wanting clarity on the rules. Transperancy and what have you. 

• Fuck You 1

I guess this is the Cloak Room Conservative Snowflake area.  I am one just when it comes to the Cloak Room.

I enjoy reading the lefts take on this board, but I care not to be called names, and be labeled as a racist, sexist, etc for my views.  I would post more in there if not the case, so I have much respect for the few in there to take all that hate.

Edited by BNB

I don't think people are being banned due to CR posts, they're being banned due to using hate speech and/or racism in their posts. Calling people faggots and telling them to go bite a pillow, or referring to japanese people as japs, etc, should not be ok anywhere. Having a reprehensible political opinion is fine, and you'll probably be called out for it. Using hate speech that attacks core facets of people that they have no control over is real fucked up and I'm all for punishing it.

3 hours ago, BNB said:

I guess this is the Cloak Room Conservative Snowflake area.  I am one just when it comes to the Cloak Room.

I enjoy reading the lefts take on this board, but I care not to be called names, and be labeled as a racist, sexist, etc for my views.  I would post more in there if not the case, so I have much respect for the few in there to take all that hate.

Yep, the racist label thing is beyond fucked up, and it's trotted out with glee by a certain poster not worth even mentioning.  I'll troll that lame little game all day.

14 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yep, the racist label thing is beyond fucked up, and it's trotted out with glee by a certain poster not worth even mentioning.  I'll troll that lame little game all day.

Thx Onboard.  I will try posting my Conservative thoughts more.  I am far from racist, etc.  II grew up in 78704 and my best friends were Hispanic and black.  My grand ma paid for Camp Stewart every year. I guess it was expensive.   When I shared my yearbooks they gave me shit for all the non white people in it.  I met a black gay guy at a bar years ago and we became good friends and roommates up until I got tired or having a roommate in my 40s.

On 9/29/2018 at 12:36 AM, cactusflinthead said:

That's easy. After the rep reset, the massive neg bomb and big boost went away. Say stupid shit in CR and there's a greater than zero chance it will get negged. Stros had to keep digging. It is certainly not an echo chamber. Johnny Sack, Chrispy, Incredulity, MixtyMotions and others seem to be able to exist there without being crowd sourced.

are those real posters or is this some sort of gag? ugh, the idea that someone would exclusively post in the cr is nauseating. you may as well just log in every day just to follow me around talking shit about Rick Barnes and Jack Wilshere, as that'll probably get you the same result.

are those real posters or is this some sort of gag? ugh, the idea that someone would exclusively post in the cr is nauseating. you may as well just log in every day just to follow me around talking shit about Rick Barnes and Jack Wilshere, as that'll probably get you the same result.

Or dark scenes in Ozark.
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

are those real posters or is this some sort of gag? ugh, the idea that someone would exclusively post in the cr is nauseating. you may as well just log in every day just to follow me around talking shit about Rick Barnes and Jack Wilshere, as that'll probably get you the same 

Johnny Sack has been a regular contributor to the wives and stupid thread for years. He's around. The place is big enough that you can go in CR and elsewhere and still not interact with people. 

I lurk much more than I post in the sports areas. The same with the Jimmy thread. I can go to CR and leave it there, most of the time. Occasionally an event in sports will have political implications and the circles have some shared members. It's rare though. 

The CR is a cesspool, and it's worse here than it was on the Shag. I used to post in the CR on the old board , but I got tired of being called a racist ect, so I gave it up. Now the surly libs now have their leader and have anointed him as rep champion, it's really a waste of time. If only they would stay in there....

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

The CR is a cesspool, and it's worse here than it was on the Shag. I used to post in the CR on the old board , but I got tired of being called a racist ect, so I gave it up. Now the surly libs now have their leader and have anointed him as rep champion, it's really a waste of time. If only they would stay in there....

That fact that you think people you don't agree with are just looking for someone with a big number under their name to agree with says quite a lot about you

On 9/29/2018 at 12:36 AM, cactusflinthead said:

In the beginning months of Surly, I voiced concerns about seemingly unfounded barrages of negs on political posts, especially those not supporting the general leanings of the Left.

I have tried to limit interactions on CR since then, but I have posted, especially on some military stuff.  Idon't know if something was said to the usual characters who were running their game, but regardless, the negs stopped.  My posts must have miraculously improved...LOLz. 

Ultimately, I do believe most folks on here want to be able to talk a little shit and gently troll people; but in the bigger picture support an environment where it is conducive to dialogue and debate.   In today's atmosphere of "Crush anyone with whom you disagree," I find it pretty damned cool that Surly pulls it off to a certain degree.