Who's going to be the first one banned from Surly?

Yeah there were some seriously pussy like sock posters over there, negging anything and everything that wasn't to their liking. These were posters who never posted shit either. They were just lame socks.  

Seven still shows up, the most seriously useless poster, even on CR.  He's never posted anything, but lame fuck you posts from the cheap seats.

Here is the life of a "conservative"  (never mind in every political ideology test I take I always end up one spot to the right of dead center on the "left"-"right" axis and four or five spots towards the libertarian side on the libertarian-authoritarian axis) in the Cloak Room.  Make a post that goes against the leftist group think hive mind and you get accused of being a troll.  Defend yourself from troll accusation and you get accused of being a snowflake.  Wash, rinse, repeat.

• Like 2

On 10/2/2018 at 8:46 PM, EMAWesome said:

Here is the life of a "conservative"  (never mind in every political ideology test I take I always end up one spot to the right of dead center on the "left"-"right" axis and four or five spots towards the libertarian side on the libertarian-authoritarian axis) in the Cloak Room.  Make a post that goes against the leftist group think hive mind and you get accused of being a troll.  Defend yourself from troll accusation and you get accused of being a snowflake.  Wash, rinse, repeat.

I guess they cloak up the news forum too.

3 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

I have gone from over 100 rep points to under 30 in just a day just for my opinions in the Kavanaugh thread. The negging of unpopular abc conservative opinions is out of control and sucks ass

This is political discussions in general. Everyone leans so far to one side or the other and anyone who disagrees gets called all sorts of names and labeled as whatever. Discussing politics is nothing more than animals flinging shit at each other. I have yet to see a rational discussion on anything regarding politics for a length of time. It might start out as cordial and respectable but as it evolves, it becomes attacking the other person rather than discussing the matters of hand. I stay away from groupthink cesspools.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/29/2018 at 1:09 AM, achooloco said:

agree that saying stupid shit here has more weight than on shaggy since we don’t have years of rep to gamble with but...

I’m posting here cause I’m confused since I thought -100 meant banning and home slice is beyond that. Unless by “massive neg bomb and big boost” you meant something other than the crossover here from the other site.

was there a rep change policy in last couple weeks? My bad, only been working and playing clash Royale in September, barely anytime to check threads outside of recruiting 19, trump 18 and kavenaugh (yes I know 2/3 of that make me a douchebag). 

Not saying boot his ass, fuck it, mods run your site like you want, I’m just wanting clarity on the rules. Transperancy and what have you. 

At the beginning of this board, you could go around and neg someone almost an unlimited amount of times it seemed. There were no limits. I could take you down to -200 if I wanted. You create socks solely to rep. Either negging someone or propping up your real handle and anyone else. Even at 0 posts. It was out of control so they set the limits we have now. Posters with no posts can only hand out I think one rep a day, either pos or neg. So this stopped the creation of socks just for rep purposes. Even established posters now have boundaries and limits.

I do prefer this rep system compared to the old board's where people had different powers of rep.

I have gone from over 100 rep points to under 30 in just a day just for my opinions in the Kavanaugh thread. The negging of unpopular abc conservative opinions is out of control and sucks ass

There may be some truth to this but the vast majority of negs in that thread. are because of trolling commentary. I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you don’t see it.

16 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

There may be some truth to this but the vast majority of negs in that thread. are because of trolling commentary. I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you don’t see it.

Yeah I'm gonna call BS. So many throw out the troll comment when it's just in response  to a comment that slaps them in the face and they get butt hurt, the little dears.  

And there ain't a damn thing wrong with trolling if it's entertaining.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

The CR is on a level like I have never seen.  If you disagree with them, no matter how logical or articulate your statement is, you are negged to oblivion.  No way would I post there because nobody in there wants to hear another point of view.  Hugo and his rep socks are like a group of scorned ex wives after a few martinis meeting for their support group.  They are in hysterics.  They (meaning Hugo and his sock accounts) have all repped themselves so much cause they know that you can't crowd source ban them now.  They are like aggy but this time we are stuck with them.

The surly yap dog pack .....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moby Ric said:

The CR is on a level like I have never seen.  If you disagree with them, no matter how logical or articulate your statement is, you are negged to oblivion.  No way would I post there because nobody in there wants to hear another point of view.  Hugo and his rep socks are like a group of scorned ex wives after a few martinis meeting for their support group.  They are in hysterics.  They (meaning Hugo and his sock accounts) have all repped themselves so much cause they know that you can't crowd source ban them now.  They are like aggy but this time we are stuck with them.

JagsFanWTF.gif

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 4

2 hours ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Everything above is why it’s so cool that you can uncheck one box and never see the CR shit at all.  So much better.  

I've tried, but I just can't quit CR.

I do pick my spots if I am going to post.

In hugo's defense, i don't think the neggers are his.  There's a core group of left leaning/ middle of the road posters who do engage in the discussions without neg-bombing opposition.  That was the frustrating thing for me, that it wasn't that the neggers  disagreed with my posts, they just negged and never answered back in the thread.  Bullshit driveby artists.

But anyhoo... it's football season, so why be pissed off all the time?

Edited by slorch

4 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

just went back a few pages on each of the trump, beto v. cruz, and kav threads, and the only post with more than one or two net negs is this one:

and asking why people care about likely criminal activity isn't exactly logical or articulate. 

i'd really like to see what you consider "logical and articulate" which got a big neg bomb dropped on it.  most of those posts tend to be "suck it libs"

Edited by elfenix

On 10/3/2018 at 9:28 PM, Zavala said:

I guess they cloak up the news forum too.

Boo fuckin' hoo. It was a BS religious quote I picked at and you start crying about it. Lighten up, Francis. Or pray harder, the power is real.

On 10/4/2018 at 5:00 AM, DDD Dad said:

Conservatives have aligned with propagandists out to distort truth.  I don't disagree that they've probably been disproportionately neg-repped, but I chalk it up to overcompensating in an effort to neuter the tactics practiced across social media.  Differences of opinion are tolerated, intellectually dishonest portrayals of reality are not.  There's bound to be some friendly fire and a neg rep wound has yet to be fatal.

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 6

On 10/4/2018 at 8:21 AM, Moby Ric said:

This is bullshit.  Any reasoned post is normally handled fine.  But if people engage in whining, liberal conspiracies, use slurs, trolling, or toss out stupid statements/strawman arguments then those people tend to be run off.   No one wants trolls or bots.   

• Like 3

On 10/4/2018 at 8:19 AM, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yeah I'm gonna call BS. So many throw out the troll comment when it's just in response  to a comment that slaps them in the face and they get butt hurt, the little dears.  

And there ain't a damn thing wrong with trolling if it's entertaining.

Yep. The cloak room is the extreme opposite of Texags 

58 minutes ago, SDG said:

Can we turn this into the intolerable shithole thread?  BTW; Hugo post here because he was band everywhere else, thank about that CR regs. 

he is a bigger shitstain on message boards than derka, vic, and rocko.   congrats on making it to the top of shit mountain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/4/2018 at 9:21 AM, Moby Ric said:

for the record, he has been called out for socks on more than one occasion, and denied it. and since neither one of you are important enough to be taken at their word nor is this a court of law, do you have any proof he has socks? mods, a little help? little tiresome to see all the whining. he posts a shit load and can't believe he has time for a life but don't see any evidence of socks. but hey, if he has tons of socks or just one, fuck him. i'm just saying, put up or shut up with the lies.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 9:22 PM, Iconoclast Texan said:

To be fair, 100 rep points is way too high for you.  Hell, 30 is too.  

On 10/5/2018 at 10:32 PM, achooloco said:

for the record, he has been called out for socks on more than one occasion, and denied it. and since neither one of you are important enough to be taken at their word nor is this a court of law, do you have any proof he has socks? mods, a little help? little tiresome to see all the whining. he posts a shit load and can't believe he has time for a life but don't see any evidence of socks. but hey, if he has tons of socks or just one, fuck him. i'm just saying, put up or shut up with the lies.

Hi Hugo.

We make flame resistant clothing for oil and gas. I made a simple comment that we went from 4 day work weeks to 6 because of the elections. Neg bombs galore. Fuck that place, they want zero discussion. And when I say they, its hugo and his socks.

Why you allow this imma I have no idea.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, markstanco said:

We make flame resistant clothing for oil and gas. I made a simple comment that we went from 4 day work weeks to 6 because of the elections. Neg bombs galore. Fuck that place, they want zero discussion. And when I say they, its hugo and his socks.

I have no socks and I’ve never given neg rep. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Cloak room is the lefties version of Texags

What post are you talking about?

I went back and found this wonderful post of yours that got ZERO neg rep points.

On 9/21/2018 at 11:13 PM, markstanco said:

We just had our largest billing week in 8 years servicing the oil and gas industry.

It's amazing when you have a government who doesn't hate small business and energy.

We have also hired an additional 22% local people. At one time 3 years ago we were at 4 day work weeks and considering 3. This went on for 18 months. Now, overtime daily and also Saturday.

I wont respond to the liberal responses concerning my statements, but my 8 to 13 dollar an hour floor employees enjoy 6 days a lot more than 4.

Sounds like you might be full of shit. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, immamac said:

Politics board is real shitty, at least it's not the off-season where it's even worse. 

It can be, but there are posters that will talk issues, and not just go to the name calling angle (sometimes that's funny though) when they can't actually argue a point. 

They're boring as fuck , but they're there.....  they're there...