Who's going to be the first one banned from Surly?

Oh my God, the discussion on this site is awful. Here's a clue. It was also awful on Shaggy. This is what happens on sites with little to no moderation. You people bitching about it hasn't changed from site to site. That's for sure. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

What’s with all the fucking bannings going on? RadiologyHorn who was our good luck charm in guarantees us wins is banned? Shmitty who merely said that Texas wasn’t truly back gets run off too. I’m sorry but the level of discussion here is tanking and the bannings need to be reigned in. The rep system here sucks compared TOS

Shitty was already in negative rep because he was a cunt to everyone.  His comments in that thread just put him over the top.  Has absolutely nothing to do with "merely." 

• Like 2

So blacklab gave a vacation to someone for talking about rep on the recruiting thread? Rep discussions, and rep in general, is fucking stupid. But we're getting time outs for that now? When was that shit blasted out so people know not to talk about rep. Where do I find a list of vacationable faux-pas? 

54 minutes ago, markstanco said:

You know if that was true he would have banned you a long time ago. But your backhanded comment was certainly cute!

he banned me for an entire week two weeks ago for something that literally nobody else would have been banned for, so you and your theory can go kick rocks. unless he wants to come in here and claim that he would have banned you, hayden, mdmost, or anybody else for the same reason he banned me, which would actually be even worse. 

what happened: in the ehlinger thread there was some back and forth going on about rep, and i quoted and replied to a utgrad97 post on the subject. as soon as i posted i scrolled up to see that immamac had come in while i was replying and said he would ban the next person who posted about rep, so i immediately went back and edited my post to comply with his rule. whatever i'd said about rep was up for all of 30 seconds, and was erased and replaced with an acknowledgement of what immamac had said on the subject. immamac never even saw the original post about rep, and yet he decided to ban me for a week anyway. does that seem fair, or "moderate" to you? do you think anybody else would have been banned for explicitly following his rule? not to mention that hornian did in fact keep talking about it and wasn't banned. 

so either he banned me because simply because he wanted to, *or* he would have banned anyone else here for the same thing. no matter which way you slice it he's a power tripping cock sucker who has shown time and time again that he cannot handle the modicum of power he wields. he's just as bad as campus loopy ever was, and that is a fact. 

Edited by Goo Punch

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

You know if that was true he would have banned you a long time ago. But your backhanded comment was certainly cute!

also, he kept erasing the sam ehlinger thread every time i started the OP,  then kept lying about doing so over and over. you seriously don't know shit about immamac if you aren't questioning his moderating integrity. this goes back to shaggy, where plenty of people called his aggy ass out for his bad cop routine which he's so proud of. 

oh, and here's the post i was banned for:

but that's fair, right?

Edited by Goo Punch

he banned me for an entire week two weeks ago for something that literally nobody else would have been banned for, so you and your theory can go kick rocks. unless he wants to come in here and claim that he would have banned you, hayden, mdmost, or anybody else for the same reason he banned me, which would actually be even worse. 
what happened: in the ehlinger thread there was some back and forth going on about rep, and i quoted and replied to a utgrad97 post on the subject. as soon as i posted i scrolled up to see that immamac had come in while i was replying and said he would ban the next person who posted about rep, so i immediately went back and edited my post to comply with his rule. whatever i'd said about rep was up for all of 30 seconds, and was erased and replaced with an acknowledgement of what immamac had said on the subject. immamac never even saw the original post about rep, and yet he decided to ban me for a week anyway. does that seem fair, or "moderate" to you? do you think anybody else would have been banned for explicitly following his rule? not to mention that hornian did in fact keep talking about it and wasn't banned. 
so either he banned me because simply because he wanted to, *or* he would have banned anyone else here for the same thing. no matter which way you slice it he's a power tripping cock sucker who has shown time and time again that he cannot handle the modicum of power he wields. he's just as bad as campus loopy ever was, and that is a fact. 

Derka victim talk not going away.

On 10/26/2018 at 3:15 PM, Goo Punch said:

Something is wrong with you. 

4 hours ago, markstanco said:

Well none. Some got a time out, like derka. Not banned. But he keeps on saying mac banned him, yet still posts.

So, we aren't going to count him giving mdmost his login information and asking him to change it? The only known self-deportation. As I recall there was a derkatribe explaining that for his benefit he was leaving, "Goodbye cruel world, I am gone." 

There was also the Atx71 self banning due to a lost bet, but he only went to lurking and negged from there. 

Is Rocko still here? When the move first happened he started racking up negative rep at a rapid pace, then disappeared. Changing your name in an attempt to throw us off your trail is not the same thing. 

So who was given a hard banning, not a self-imposed exile, nor a loss from a bet, nor a sock-puppet dodge, but an outright banning and still posts here. 

Would Derka still bitch about immamac if Brisket had gotten two weeks? 

Of course he would, because that's what he does.

• Fuck You 1

you guy literally brags about banning me for personal reasons, something he's done at least 3-4 times, he locks and deletes my threads for sport, and he started a podcast on this website and on his debut episode completely fabricated a derisive story about me, and you have a bone to pick with me because i dont appreciate any of that? it's amazing the things you guys will convince yourselves of, like i'm over here "bitching just to bitch", never mind that i didn't even say anything about the latest farcical banning until somebody else brought of the subject of immamac unfairly banning people. christ that is dense.

and yeah, for those who don't know, this is not blacklab's site, this is immamac's site- if it feels like this site is being moderated differently it's because it is. and i don't give a shit what you think about me, anyone (but especially an aggie) who would go around bragging, "i'm a cop and i just came onto your lawn and shot your dog" is a terrible moderator and just a sad person. period. 

also, it's very strange to me that so many grown adult human beings struggle so mightily to understand what the word "ban" means. There's no implicit permanence in the word "ban", and in fact the example sentence they use specifically shows that a ban does not have to be permanent:

7521af356ee5b2f3116857249319f2ba.jpg

getting a week off is still getting banned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and for posterity- shaggy was founded specifically to move away from the heavy handed and overtly personal moderating that was the trademark of hornfans, and particularly one campus loopy. only now shaggy is surly, a shell of its former self, no longer run by blacklab, but instead run by a guy who might actually be campus loopy himself, seeing as there is zero discernible difference in immamac and campus loopy. got damn what a fall from grace.  you started your own website specifically to get away from him, and now he owns the website. brilliant.

Edited by Goo Punch

1 hour ago, Goo Punch said:

and for posterity- shaggy was founded specifically to move away from the heavy handed and overtly personal moderating that was the trademark of hornfans, and particularly one campus loopy. only now shaggy is surly, a shell of its former self, no longer run by blacklab, but instead run by a guy who might actually be campus loopy himself, seeing as there is zero discernible difference in immamac and campus loopy. got damn what a fall from grace.  you started your own website specifically to get away from him, and now he owns the website. brilliant.

36 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

It took you 1,061 post to get it ?  Ama-teur.......

Most of the time Occasionally I drive by to see the wreckage but I rarely interact with him. He doesn't go in CR, doesn't watch hockey, and he dominates so much of the basketball threads that I generally lurk over there. it's only at times like these that I see him around. 

4 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

I got my first Derka neg!

Outfuckingstanding!

I once got the trifecta from him.  He commented to me in a thread with a long Derkatribe, sent me a follow- up PM continuing on, and then I got a neg about it with a great comment.  It felt complete.

PS:  I miss the neg comment feature.    

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

you guy literally brags about banning me for personal reasons, something he's done at least 3-4 times, he locks and deletes my threads for sport, and he started a podcast on this website and on his debut episode completely fabricated a derisive story about me, and you have a bone to pick with me because i dont appreciate any of that? it's amazing the things you guys will convince yourselves of, like i'm over here "bitching just to bitch", never mind that i didn't even say anything about the latest farcical banning until somebody else brought of the subject of immamac unfairly banning people. christ that is dense.

and yeah, for those who don't know, this is not blacklab's site, this is immamac's site- if it feels like this site is being moderated differently it's because it is. and i don't give a shit what you think about me, anyone (but especially an aggie) who would go around bragging, "i'm a cop and i just came onto your lawn and shot your dog" is a terrible moderator and just a sad person. period. 

Take the ban, Punchy!

• Like 1