"Beyond Meat" is neither

21 hours ago, ajax said:

Guess what happens if you eat no cholesterol at all?

There is still so much bad information out there regarding nutrition.

All the "light" crap still out there. Hey, guess what, fat isn't all that bad. And it's a heck of a lot better than sugar.

And dietary cholesterol doesn't have as a direct effect on blood serum cholesterol as many think. 

Doctors are some of the most ignorant offenders of bad nutrition advice. But then, many are really more tradesmen than scientists. As they probably should be. 

Short answer to if you eat zero cholesterol, what happens is the same thing as if you eat zero fat and zero salt - the three things that people are trying to cut out of their diet.

A not so well kept secret is a lot of vegan gurus on youtube are secretly eating meat in order to stay healthy or at the very least mitigate the devastating effects of their diet.

On 6/25/2019 at 9:48 AM, ajax said:

Short answer to if you eat zero cholesterol, what happens is the same thing as if you eat zero fat and zero salt - the three things that people are trying to cut out of their diet.

A not so well kept secret is a lot of vegan gurus on youtube are secretly eating meat in order to stay healthy or at the very least mitigate the devastating effects of their diet.

Are you basing this opinions on one YouTube person caught eating fish to mean every vegan has to secretly eat meat?

Edited by Neonmoon

• 4 months later...

a vegan walks into a burger king ... .

Vegan sues Burger King, claims Impossible Whoppers

"contaminated"

A self-described vegan has sued Burger King for allegedly misleading consumers by not informing consumers that its Impossible Whoppers are flame-broiled with the help of beef fat.

image.png

Edited by elfenix

My 10 year old and I have been intrigued by the Unpossible Whopper and wanting to try it but haven't had the occasion. However he does go grocery shopping with me sometimes. We ran into the Beyond Meat pre-formed patties and I was like fuck it, let's do this. So we bought them. Grilled them up the other night. They looked good. Sufficient grease. However once I cut into a patty to take a look I knew this wasn't going to be up to standards of slaughtered cow. And it wasn't. It tasted like a slightly more moist, slightly heftier veggie burger. I like the taste of veggie burgers so I was ok with it. It's no substitute for the real thing by any means but it's sustenance. The kid hated it. We basically pawned them off onto the girls in the family, who actually did enjoy them. Beyond Meat sucks as a meat substitute. I still want to try the Unpossible meat as I've heard it tastes much more like beef. 

39 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

My 10 year old and I have been intrigued by the Unpossible Whopper and wanting to try it but haven't had the occasion. However he does go grocery shopping with me sometimes. We ran into the Beyond Meat pre-formed patties and I was like fuck it, let's do this. So we bought them. Grilled them up the other night. They looked good. Sufficient grease. However once I cut into a patty to take a look I knew this wasn't going to be up to standards of slaughtered cow. And it wasn't. It tasted like a slightly more moist, slightly heftier veggie burger. I like the taste of veggie burgers so I was ok with it. It's no substitute for the real thing by any means but it's sustenance. The kid hated it. We basically pawned them off onto the girls in the family, who actually did enjoy them. Beyond Meat sucks as a meat substitute. I still want to try the Unpossible meat as I've heard it tastes much more like beef. 

Beef is vegetarian. Cows eat grass. You're just eating the cow, so you're eating grass. Grass that was converting into something that tastes good. Entirely based on plants.

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

Del Boca Vista

I'm not gonna force feed myself an impossible whopper at 4 o'clock in the afternoon to save a couple of bucks; I'll tell you that right now. 

On 6/18/2019 at 11:30 AM, TonyTexas said:

While i get why this might appeal to vegetarians , tree huggers, and PETA members it 's not that much healthier. Beyond burger wins on cholesterol but loses on sodium.

Your Burgers By the Numbers

The Beyond Burger (4-oz. patty)

Calories: 290 

Total fat (g): 22 

Saturated fat (g): 5 

Cholesterol (mg): 0 

Sodium (mg): 450 

Protein (g): 20 

Iron (Daily Value %): 25% 

85-percent lean beef (4-oz. patty, based on USDA National Nutrient Database)

Calories: 283

Total fat (g): 17.5

Saturated fat (g): 6.7

Cholesterol (mg): 100

Sodium (mg): 82

Neither sodium nor cholesterol is that big of deal.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2019 at 11:02 PM, Thetexashammer said:

Beef is vegetarian. Cows eat grass. You're just eating the cow, so you're eating grass. Grass that was converting into something that tastes good. Entirely based on plants.

Eat what you want, but this logic is incredibly stupid. 

• 2 months later...

Have been on a diet of fish and chicken to combat my acid reflux. It has been working. Saw a coupon at HEB last night for some Beyond Meat burger patties. Had one for lunch. Honestly, It was shockingly good.  I was worried for first because it said cook on medium high heat for 4 minutes a side, but after 3 minutes it looked burned on the first side, and not that appealing. I cooked the other side for about 3 minutes. Once I put the patty on the burger and bit into it, it looked like a normal burger on the inside. It had a great taste as well. I forgot to season the patty (or maybe you don't season these things?) and it was still great.