4/20 - Super Troopers 2

Captain Ron

Really excited for this and will see it as soon as it's out, but, this has a bit of an arrested development season 4 feel to it.

Long time fan favorite trying to recreate the magic, so often falls flat and ends up regurgitating old jokes rather than introducing new stuff that's as funny as the old stuff was.

Hoping they can buck the trend, the first is a classic. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Some of the critic reviews are great. “Unfunny and offensive.” “Too many moments featuring the insufferable and just-not-funny Farva.”

Odd, because offensive and Farva are pretty much why I'm going to see it tomorrow.

I've seen the original too many times to count. I contributed to the GoFundMe or whatever it was to get it made. It was funny enough to make me glad they made it. If you go into it with any higher expectations I imagine you'll be disappointed, but it was funny enough for me.

On 4/21/2018 at 2:54 PM, Buzzrock said:

Some of the critic reviews are great. “Unfunny and offensive.” “Too many moments featuring the insufferable and just-not-funny Farva.”

Maybe not the flick for you, LA Times and Chicago Sun Times.

The review I saw was something to the effect of: "I didn't see the point of the first one, and this one is clearly targeted towards the people who found the first one funny."

See, that's a good review -- a review that doesn't use such a silly metric as "bad" or "good," but says "If you like this kind of thing, you'll like this."

Look forward to seeing it.