"Sideshow" Jaxson Hayes got some new bling, and it is awesome

Goo Punch

also, the fact that a kid his age is familiar enough with The Simpsons to have a nickname based on Sideshow Bob is a testament to the show's greatness. Jaxson Hayes was born in the year 2000. IN THE YEAR 2000.

^^^super meta reference 

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

also, the fact that a kid his age is familiar enough with The Simpsons to have a nickname based on Sideshow Bob is a testament to the show's greatness. Jaxson Hayes was born in the year 2000. IN THE YEAR 2000.

^^^super meta reference 

in-the-year-2000.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

^^^super meta reference 

I mean, if you are going to have custom jewelry made so you can be "iced out" before you have a contract, it's nice that it's an ironic, meta piece of jewelry and not some horrible cliched thing.  I'm guessing that it isn't really precious stones, so maybe not outrageously expensive.   Hell, maybe the whole thing is kind of an ironic comment on being "iced out" in the first place.  Let's hope so, because the tendency to spend as yet unearned money on stupid shit is rampant.

I get that maybe never having had anything growing up, you might have a tendency to overspend.  But I would suggest you buy that pot to piss in before getting iced out or buying a $200k whip.  But white privilege and all.

People make far too much out of these guys spending their money on jewelry and cars. The guys who go broke don't do so by spending it on stuff like that. They do it through child support, divorces, and bad investments when trying to INCREASE their wealth. Not because they bought an iced out Sideshow Bob piece. And to be honest, despite belief to the contrary, basketball players aren't the main victims of the broke athlete syndrome.  It mostly happens to football players who essentially make anesthesiologist money for 3 or 4 years and suddenly think their rich. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

People make far too much out of these guys spending their money on jewelry and cars. The guys who go broke don't do so by spending it on stuff like that. They do it through child support, divorces, and bad investments when trying to INCREASE their wealth. Not because they bought an iced out Sideshow Bob piece. And to be honest, despite belief to the contrary, basketball players aren't the main victims of the broke athlete syndrome.  It mostly happens to football players who essentially make anesthesiologist money for 3 or 4 years and suddenly think their rich. 

While that is no doubt true, the spending on the stupid and stupid expensive jewelry and cars exemplifies the precise kind of thinking that leads to the baby mamas, divorces, and shit investments.

2 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

The jewelry is just more conspicuous and foreign to us. It's no different than other athletes who spend exorbitantly on tractors, four wheelers, boats, and a shitload of other things that offer no intrinsic value. 

I know what I'm saying reeks of privilege, but I decry all of that stuff. 

2 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

his dad was a pro and is still a pro coach. i see jaxson as one of the least likely guys to fall victim to that stuff. 

Yeah, I thought I'd seen that he wasn't a poverty child.  Seems the whole thing is a bit ironic or meta.

Boy, there are some traveshamockeries on that guy's Insta.  The things he does to APs ought to be capital crimes.

Edited by TwiceHorn

46 minutes ago, Errestaurants said:

I could of saved him some cash and sold him one of these. I bought one kinda like this in 1998 at the mall. 6efd2d46a0d4f867cd6ffb7b67dff15b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

oh yes. i had several piece and chains. i went and got a brand new panther piece before my sophomore year, and first day of school a well known senior football player was wearing the same exact one, and told me i couldn't wear mine again. so that was money well spent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Errestaurants said:

I could of saved him some cash and sold him one of these. I bought one kinda like this in 1998 at the mall. 6efd2d46a0d4f867cd6ffb7b67dff15b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

also, your handle reminds me of fred armisen in parks and rec: "you are charging too high prices for esweaters, glasses, you right to jail." lmao:

• Like 1

Do any of you watch the draft? Everyone is Iced out. One (awesome) piece of jewelry doesn't say much abut Jaxson's financial discipline. Who cares how he purchased it. At the very least, these guys have people offering to loan them money as soon as they are guaranteed to get drafted.

Huge error in judgement by middle-class white people to think that professional basketball and football players lose their money while playing/shortly after retirement because of jewelry, bottle service, cars, etc.  That's the peg that white people like to throw on them.  And it's bullshit.  Number one reason these guys go broke is bad investments.  Yeah, their one night out at the club blowing 25,000k or a jet  or paying off a woman or whatever, yes that costs lots of money.  But do the math, these guys don't spend that many nights out and that many times flying their entourage out to Vegas in a jet.  You lose 10 or 20k a night like that, but the reason they can lose 10 or 20mm is because many of them fall prey to the same bullshit-a crappy real estate deal from a distant cousin, an uncle's nightclub cap-ex proposition, attaching their name and capital to a car dealership back in their hometown, a condo project with no capital stack discipline in the town they're currently playing in, etc.  That's how you really lose money. 

And the white middle-class people that mock these guys, they're in the same fucking boat.  Reason they never get ahead is because, while the dollar amounts are smaller, they make the same dumbass fucking mistakes (percentage-wise anyway)...$500 each month to my wife's friend's cosmetic MLM deal.  $5000 in my friend's craft beer tasting room, my child's coach's apparel company co-op platform requiring 5 hours of my time and $300 each month of my money.  People of all asset classes fall for the same dumb fucking shit when they have two nickels to scratch together.  It feels good for white southerners to judge this shit about black athletes when there's a reason they are watching from home in their recliner saying racist ass shit like, "OH man, that boy is gonna blow all that signing bonus on a Maserati and jewelry and cognac."  Same guy goes to Vegas on the company dime with $1000 in his pocket and spends it all on dumb shit within first 6 hours.  :Let the adults sort this out and get back to what jealous white people do best, waiting for black people to fail so they can watch the reality TV show about it, not FFW through the commercials so they can buy whatever they are selling, then pat themselves on the back for not being vulnerable to irresponsible financial purchases.  

Huge error in judgement by middle-class white people to think that professional basketball and football players lose their money while playing/shortly after retirement because of jewelry, bottle service, cars, etc.  That's the peg that white people like to throw on them.  And it's bullshit.  Number one reason these guys go broke is bad investments.  Yeah, their one night out at the club blowing 25,000k or a jet  or paying off a woman or whatever, yes that costs lots of money.  But do the math, these guys don't spend that many nights out and that many times flying their entourage out to Vegas in a jet.  You lose 10 or 20k a night like that, but the reason they can lose 10 or 20mm is because many of them fall prey to the same bullshit-a crappy real estate deal from a distant cousin, an uncle's nightclub cap-ex proposition, attaching their name and capital to a car dealership back in their hometown, a condo project with no capital stack discipline in the town they're currently playing in, etc.  That's how you really lose money. 
And the white middle-class people that mock these guys, they're in the same fucking boat.  Reason they never get ahead is because, while the dollar amounts are smaller, they make the same dumbass fucking mistakes (percentage-wise anyway)...$500 each month to my wife's friend's cosmetic MLM deal.  $5000 in my friend's craft beer tasting room, my child's coach's apparel company co-op platform requiring 5 hours of my time and $300 each month of my money.  People of all asset classes fall for the same dumb fucking shit when they have two nickels to scratch together.  It feels good for white southerners to judge this shit about black athletes when there's a reason they are watching from home in their recliner saying racist ass shit like, "OH man, that boy is gonna blow all that signing bonus on a Maserati and jewelry and cognac."  Same guy goes to Vegas on the company dime with $1000 in his pocket and spends it all on dumb shit within first 6 hours.  :Let the adults sort this out and get back to what jealous white people do best, waiting for black people to fail so they can watch the reality TV show about it, not FFW through the commercials so they can buy whatever they are selling, then pat themselves on the back for not being vulnerable to irresponsible financial purchases.  

so... how much did you "invest" in the Meat Co?

Bout tree fiddy; but me and my boys get comped cover charge, one link each, and 30% off hams to go anytime except Easter. And oh yeah, there are sides.  

Edited by Lobo

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/19/2019 at 6:12 PM, Catdaddyhorn said:

This dude knows what he's talking about (not an anesthesiologist here).  Seriously, lot of old dads up in this thread.  Let the kid live.  NBA players today rarely go broke compared to the past or compared to any poor person who falls into a lot of money.