Amazing Soccer Goals, Saves and Blunders

Captain Ron

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Someone needs to put Croatia's first goal on here. It was both an Amazing Goal and an Amazing Blunder.

More blunder than brilliant goal. The Argentine keeper served up a golden opportunity, and the Croatian converted it nicely. But you just can't fuck around like that as a keeper.

• Fuck You 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've said it many times before on Shaggy and probably once or twice on Surly, but I'll say it again.

"When in doubt, add an Argentine attacking player."

I'd never hear of Lautaro Martinez before he was named to Argentina's 35 man preliminary foster for the World Cup, but after watching a few videos of him on YouTube, I felt that not only should be be on the plane to Russia, but that he needed to be on the field as much as possible. Unlike Iniesta, he only touched the ball once, but what a touch it was.

Right Video: http://www.espn.com/soccer/video?gameId=519118

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

I've said it many times before on Shaggy and probably once or twice on Surly, but I'll say it again.

"When in doubt, add an Argentine attacking player."

I'd never hear of Lautaro Martinez before he was named to Argentina's 35 man preliminary foster for the World Cup, but after watching a few videos of him on YouTube, I felt that not only should be be on the plane to Russia, but that he needed to be on the field as much as possible. Unlike Iniesta, he only touched the ball once, but what a touch it was.

Right Video: http://www.espn.com/soccer/video?gameId=519118

wow.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Zlatan doing Zlatan things. Sure, it's only MLS, but still amazing. Was also the 500th goal of his professional career.

Apparently at least 2 of the 3 Toronto Security Personnel were blown away by this goal.

1) Middle Left Side
2) Ballcap & Glasses Above The Toronto Defender

Zlatan_Goal_500.png

On 9/24/2018 at 8:52 AM, Captain Ron said:

Wondo

I would have said that the laws of physics would make this impossible if I hadn't seen it for myself.

Amazing!

At least Wondo had a defender partially blocking the goal, so a lower kick wasn't guaranteed to go in (at least that's how I remember it), but this... wow!