Amazing Soccer Goals, Saves and Blunders

Captain Ron

24 minutes ago, Kringelbert Fishtybuns said:

When I watched it the first time on my phone, I thought the Eriksen shot dipped and went in the corner.  After the replay, what the hell was Caballero doing?

To be fair, it was a knuckleball, but damn he should have stopped that.

14 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

To be fair, it was a knuckleball, but damn he should have stopped that.

If he just got confused/slipped and the ball went in, well okay it was a very well hit strike that crossed him up.  He looked like a tired 3 yo that just says fuck it and sits down in the middle of a grocery store aisle.

17 minutes ago, Kringelbert Fishtybuns said:

If he just got confused/slipped and the ball went in, well okay it was a very well hit strike that crossed him up.  He looked like a tired 3 yo that just says fuck it and sits down in the middle of a grocery store aisle.

Cheese is right, it's a sick knuckleball.  Watch it again:

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/nwagbx

Specifically the ground level tight shot from behind Eriksen (0:19 in this video). When he first strikes it the ball immediately has movement to the left. But then it fades right only to come back to the left at its highest point. Along with that, the ball dips something fierce. When it comes off the foot, it looks like it will be 20 rows up into the stands, but it comes down like an anvil, not even having downward movement until it cross into the 6 yard box (watch the live view to see this).

Caballero COULD have saved that shot, given where it ended up, but frankly the shot twisted him into a pretzel.

• Like 1

Buffon had just made a really good save seconds before. Juve's D is just not the same at all without Bonucci.

Still though, Ronaldinho's toe-poke against Chelsea was otherworldly. I don't think I will ever have as much fun watching a player as I did watching Ronaldinho those two seasons at Barcelona when he was just otherworldly.

Edited by Biscuits And Groovy
I'm shit at embedding

1 hour ago, Biscuits And Groovy said:

Still though, Ronaldinho's toe-poke against Chelsea was otherworldly. I don't think I will ever have as much fun watching a player as I did watching Ronaldinho those two seasons at Barcelona when he was just otherworldly.

he had a VY "it don't make a shit" confidence about him during that era.

On 4/3/2018 at 10:17 PM, TexArcher said:

I generally hate Cristiano Ronaldo.  But that was fucking beautiful.

I'm with you, but damn if he isn't fun to watch. It's just amazing that we have the opportunity to watch both he and Messi. What kills me about Ronaldo is that he makes the difficult look so damned easy. Messi is just unreal, and he does look like he is working hard for a lot of his goal, but Ronaldo just puts himself in such amazing positions to score difficult goals, but because of how he prepares himself, it looks easy. He just drifted into position so that cross was perfectly there for him, great cross too.

If that makes any sense.

Edited by PittsburghTiger
  • Like 1

On 4/5/2018 at 2:53 PM, PittsburghTiger said:

I'm with you, but damn if he isn't fun to watch. It's just amazing that we have the opportunity to watch both he and Messi. What kills me about Ronaldo is that he makes the difficult look so damned easy. Messi is just unreal, and he does look like he is working hard for a lot of his goal, but Ronaldo just puts himself in such amazing positions to score difficult goals, but because of how he prepares himself, it looks easy. He just drifted into position so that cross was perfectly there for him, great cross too.

If that makes any sense.

Perhaps you should watch the goal again. 

Unlike most bicycle kick goals, Ronaldo was NOT standing still, waiting for the ball to get to him. The ball was actually crossed much farther out that Ronaldo was positioned and unlike nearly every famous bicycle kick (except for Zlatan's), Ronaldo had to quickly rush away from the goal just to catch up to the cross in order the sky in the air and then send it back toward the goal.

Ronaldo was most certainly NOT in a position where the cross was "perfectly there for him", he had made sure that he was onside, yes, but he had to quickly move his ass to get to the ball.

6 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Perhaps you should watch the goal again. 

Unlike most bicycle kick goals, Ronaldo was NOT standing still, waiting for the ball to get to him. The ball was actually crossed much farther out that Ronaldo was positioned and unlike nearly every famous bicycle kick (except for Zlatan's), Ronaldo had to quickly rush away from the goal just to catch up to the cross in order the sky in the air and then send it back toward the goal.

Ronaldo was most certainly NOT in a position where the cross was "perfectly there for him", he had made sure that he was onside, yes, but he had to quickly move his ass to get to the ball.

Yeah, I watched it plenty. I know he wasn't standing still. I know he had to get into an onside position. I know he got to the open space where the ball was crossed.

He took four, or five strides/steps from where he put himself onside. He didn't have to sprint from the end line to get to the ball. On a field that size I would say that four or five strides is pretty much in position. By no means was I denigrating Ronaldo's effort, or execution. I'm not sure how you got that from what I wrote. I stated that, in my eyes, what makes him so amazing is that he makes the difficult look so easy. That's a different way of saying that the goal was not easy.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

That girl should be suspended by her own coach. If not the coach, the AD.

This was broadcast during the days of the old MTN (Mountain West Sports Network)... So she probably has a mini van with kids by now...

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=riley+mcgree+soccer&&view=detail&mid=37E1A6A4EE3B108CDDA337E1A6A4EE3B108CDDA3&&FORM=VRDGAR

This goal is a cracker, scored in the semi final of the A-League here in Australia, they will play against my team Melbourne Victory next Saturday night in the Final.

Edited by Spartan52