2020 Texas Softball - Back to OKC!

Js1

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Does UW have to play ucla and would throw their ace there and #2 against Texas?

No we are playing this standalone before we go to the Judi Garman. But they play #4 LSU before us 

Edited by Js1

1 minute ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Mike has put together a team that can explode on offense, but our fielding could still use a lot of improvement. 

Which is ironic Bc we sit Washington who is a liability in the OF. So it could be worse, defensively. Gotta spread out the bad defenders between games 

Texas is now 17-2 with wins over (at the time) #1, #10 and #12 (run-rule) and two one-run losses to #10 and a RV team.  Not a shabby early resume.

In my review of UW's resume and stats, I'm extremely surprised to find the #2 team in the nation is 15-1 with their pitching stats. I'm not sure their pitching is sustainable for a potential WCWS win for them. 

University of Washington
15-1
Notable wins: #5 FSU (7-0), #18 South Carolina (5-4), #17 Texas Tech (11-5 (8)), Wisconsin (5-3), #3 Oklahoma (12-2) and #25 Northwestern (3-2)
Loss: #9 Alabama (8-0 (5))

One thing I've noticed - they've given up a lot of runs in their games against ranked teams - 0, 4, 5, 2, 2, 8

Offense:
.362 average
32 doubles, 5 triples
18 HR - .581 slugging
67 free passes to 50 strike outs for a .442 OBP
8-11 SB

Defense:
14-14 SB allowed (good sign)
.975 fielding % (11 errors in 16 games)

Pitching:

3.04 team ERA
52 runs / 46 earned
122 K to 47 walks allowed
20 doubles, 4 triples, 6 HR allowed
.216 BAA

Their #1, Gabbie Plain, has pitched 47.1 innings (44% of their total) with a 2.96 ERA, 63 K to 12 BB, 11 XBH given up.  If they pitch Plain against LSU in the first game today, we'd likely face Pat Moore (21.2 IP, 1.94 ERA, 26 K to 13 BB, 4 XBH given up) or Kelly Lynch (24.1 IP, 3.45 ERA, 25 K to 20 BB, 8 XBH given up)

Either way, I really like the pitching we might face against Washington.  Our offense has shown it is up to the task. 

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1

11h

Mike White had some epic battles against UCLA during his time in the Pac-12. Came into the night 15-15 as a head coach against the Bruins. He's back over .500 after tonight. No. 3   @TexasSoftball  over No. 1 UCLA. 

Edited by LTtxfan

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:
11h

Mike White had some epic battles against UCLA during his time in the Pac-12. Came into the night 15-15 as a head coach against the Bruins. He's back over .500 after tonight. No. 3   @TexasSoftball  over No. 1 UCLA. 

3 years ago, UCLA ruined Oregon/White's chance for an NCAA record 36-0 start.