2020 Texas Softball - Back to OKC!

Js1

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Shea’s 2.28 ERA sucks. She’s in danger of losing the #2 spot to Day. 

White said yesterday she’s overthrowing and he’s gotta let her work through it. 

Day sucked against Lippy yesterday... Shealyn will get it together soon!!  🤘

5 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Day sucked against Lippy yesterday... Shealyn will get it together soon!!  🤘

Shea’s problem right now are walks. 7 already to only 18 strikeouts. Day hasn’t walked anyone. 6 XBH given up by Shea, 2 by Day. 

29 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Plus Day can hit, and with her in the circle we can have both her and Miranda at the plate.

I agree with pitching looking shaky this year. Even Miranda doesn’t look as sharp to me. Don’t have any stats to back that up.

She’s doing great. 0.53 ERA, 48 K to 5 BB. 1 XBH. .136 BAA

I think y'all might be getting a little ahead of yourselves on Day's current pitching ability.  We'll learn a lot more about just how good Day is in the Circle when Texas plays much better opponents soon. 

I still believe Shealyn will be our #2 pitcher in B12 play, and will round into much better form soon. 🤘

9 minutes ago, Goodman said:

IDK what her ranking was coming out of HS but Day is showing signs of being a special player. They type I expect Mike to land in most of his classes moving fwd. She's one hell of a ball player. 

Unranked. We “stole” her from Sam. Mike saw something he liked 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Goodman said:

IDK what her ranking was coming out of HS but Day is showing signs of being a special player. They type I expect Mike to land in most of his classes moving fwd. She's one hell of a ball player. 

Also, her appearances right now are huge because of the Grace Green injury from HS she is still recovering from.  I expected her to be the #3 because of her accolades, but Day has come out of nowhere to be the #3.  

I talk shit about Shea, who may just be having a real sophomore slump or truly is just overthrowing, but we have a legit 1-2-3 right now that I am happy with.  For Big 12 play, I know Mike will go Elish-Shea-Elish but Day can come in any time and we'd feel okay.

Back to Shea, it's still early enough that she is learning how to make her own adjustments now that teams have film on her.   And Mike is the right coach to have for that. 

#1 UCLA goes 4-0 with wins over #9 UF and RV Auburn
#2 Washington goes 5-0 with wins over #3 OU and RV Northwestern
#3 OU goes 3-2 with losses to #2 Washington and unranked Wisconsin
#4 Texas goes 5-1 with a loss to RV Duke
#5 Arizona goes 3-2 with losses to A&M and #9 UF and wins over RV SDSU and RV Auburn
#6 Michigan goes 1-3 with losses to Iowa State, #22 South Carolina and Liberty
#7 LSU goes 5-0
#8 FSU did not play
#9 UF goes 5-1 with wins over #5 Arizona, RV Northwestern, #16 ASU and a loss to #1 UCLA
#10 ULL goes 4-1 with a win over #14 OSU and a loss to #14 OSU

Don't think there will be too much movement in the top 10

UCLA
Washington
Texas
OU
LSU
Arizona
FSU
UF
ULL
Michigan

Was not a great weekend for some of our P5 non-conference opponents: Michigan 1-3 and Tennessee 1-4

Morning poll update:

CSM - Texas #5 (down from #2) - (this is bullshit, as we dropped 3 spots for losing 1-0 to Duke, but OU dropped 1 spot for losing by 10 to Washington and by 1 to unranked Wisconsin)

D-1 Softball - Texas #3 (no change and OU drops from #2 to #6) 

Using the D-1 Softball rankings, Texas will play this week: 

#7 (twice)

The winning % of those 5 games - 62-10 (86.1%) 

We will learn A LOT about this team after ULL, UCLA, UW, Michigan and Fresno State/Boise State (aka, how we respond to adversity or big wins and not let a loss beat us twice) 

NFCA: Texas #3 (up from 4) - UCLA, UW are #1/#2, ULL is #10, Michigan is #13 - OU drops from #3 to #5

Forgot to mention, the unofficial RPI has Texas #5 

NFCA top 10: UCLA, UW, Texas, LSU, OU, Florida, Arizona, Alabama, FSU, ULL