Tottenham 2019-20: Full Throttle

Captain Ron

17 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

I am seeing some talk that Toby is going to be here this year. There isn't interest in paying for his transfer if you can get him on a free next year.

I’m shocked that no one wants to pay £25m for him and hand him a 4-5 year deal at £200k/week. Shocked.

Sounding like Eriksen to Atletico.  Apparently, Levy is negotiating with them right now after Real dropped out.

Eriksen went from going to Barcelona to Real to (possibly) Manchester United to (now) Atletico.   That's a weird progression/regression.

Sorry to see him leave, loved watching him.  Last year was no where near his best, but I'm sure he'll bounce back.  Reports are that he turned down 200K / week in wages.  I guess he really wanted to leave.

I think Lo Celso will work out fine.  I like what Levy has been doing this summer. 

On 7/22/2019 at 7:21 PM, DeepEastTexas said:

Eriksen went from going to Barcelona to Real to (possibly) Manchester United to (now) Atletico.   That's a weird progression/regression.

Considering the rumors that he was leaving to "win trophies".  He will be miles further away from a trophy than with Spurs

We’re close to an agreement on a fee for Sessegnon with Fulham. Not close to a fee for Lo Celso with Betis. The move for Fernandes depends on if we sell Eriksen.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham/tottenham-close-in-on-25m-ryan-sessegnon-but-face-giovani-lo-celso-and-bruno-fernandes-challenges-a4206566.html

On 7/22/2019 at 5:21 PM, DeepEastTexas said:

Sounding like Eriksen to Atletico.  Apparently, Levy is negotiating with them right now after Real dropped out.

Sorry to see him leave, loved watching him.  Last year was no where near his best, but I'm sure he'll bounce back.  Reports are that he turned down 200K / week in wages.  I guess he really wanted to leave.

I think Lo Celso will work out fine.  I like what Levy has been doing this summer. 

On 7/23/2019 at 6:57 AM, Schulz2.0 said:

Alasdair Gold is reporting that Foyth can now go on the UEFA “B” list for registration. That means he doesn’t count as a foreign player on the CL/EL roster. Very helpful.

On 7/24/2019 at 5:19 PM, midtown said:

Just saw that 4a9c0bb96908f858d54414a051869c35.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

On 7/31/2019 at 11:53 AM, kingkoopa6 said:

lamela out to prove something i see

Pochettino is saying:

”Can we haz all your Argentines?!”

51 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

Also defers some money to try to sign Dybala. Here’s hoping to waking up to that news tomorrow!

Dybala and Kane up top would be fucking formidable. 

Dybala is asking for too much in wages, agent fees, and image rights. I doubt that happens...I’m hopeful though. You’re absolutely right about him and Kane. Formidable. 

Im happy with Lo Celso and Sessegnon and Ndombele. Good summer. 

1 hour ago, Captain Ron said:

Who knows how close the Dybala deal was, but Juve has decided not to sell, so he isn't moving.

I just posted this in the transfer thread, but I kind of think that Dybala no vale la pena.

He seems like more trouble and disruption/drama than he’s worth. 

I know he’s a talented Argentino, but he runs too hot and cold and I think that he rarely gives maximum effort while also frequently lashing out in true Argie fashion.

His distractive ways might have been reduced with a paisano for a manager and a handful of paisanos on the squad to keep the boludo in check, but I cannot say that he’s worth the risk.