Tottenham 2019-20: Full Throttle

Captain Ron

The only reason they sack him like this, at this time is because they have someone else lined up.   Word was that he lost the locker room.  Duh.

Can't say I agree with this at all.   This season has sucked for sure but he should have been given the chance to turn it around and to go through another transfer window.  

2 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

why Spurs want a guy who couldn't get it done with Man U's resources? 

Also coming from a casual observer.   Look at what Ole has done with the same group.  Nothing and maybe even regressed.  It was a bunch of talent with bad attitudes.  It wasn't Jose who was the problem.   The guy is by all accounts an asshole.  But so are a lot of great coaches.   Every interview Ive seen of him shoes he is smart AF about the game.   

I feel like we just fired Mack Brown or Rick Barnes for Charlie and Shaka.   We are going to be like a child who has just wandered in from the desert. 

3 hours ago, Continental Op said:

OK.. I am not as knowledgeable on this stuff as most of you but can someone explain to me why Spurs want a guy who couldn't get it done with Man U's resources? 

because premier league teams have some sort of weird fetish about hiring managers who have previously coached in the premier league, success or not. it’s why woy hodgson is still employed.

mou has reportedly agreed to terms. 

17 hours ago, mr. littlejeans said:

because premier league teams have some sort of weird fetish about hiring managers who have previously coached in the premier league, success or not. it’s why woy hodgson is still employed.

mou has reportedly agreed to terms. 

Mou has succeeded everywhere he has gone outside of his stent at manure and he loves London.  Mou, Hodgson, Allardyce, Pulis are not the same animal.

The real question is why Levy agreed to this. I think this is an awful choice and there could be some immediate success early next season, but this is going to blow up and I'll enjoy watching it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

Shit. Show soon before he sells off half the team? Guys he alienates:

Dele

Kane

Son

Everyone else. 

Someone mentioned that when Mou was at United he talked about how United couldn’t just buy whichever players from Tottenham anymore. He specifically named Kane, Dele, and Son.

Something about Mous comments on BT after the UCL loss make me think he wanted the job.

I've read one thing that said he's been scouting and watching Spurs for a year so he could take over.

Another said he was told by Levy that there would be no transfer $$ in January.

I know it's all mostly crap.

3 hours ago, midtown said:
6 hours ago, DeepEastTexas said:
I read this morning that he wants Bale and Matic. 
Good luck getting Levy to spend.

Not if I what I read is correct. I can see Jose saying to Levy. I don't need anyone else to win. I can win with this squad as is.

Clearly you haven't had Jose as your manager yet.  

2 hours ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

Clearly you haven't had Jose as your manager yet. 

No but we've had Levy as an owner.  And when Levy said.  You're not getting any money in Jan.  I assume Jose said.  I don't need money to win with this team.   

Edited by midtown

I am feeling more and more this move is all about the CL... Outside of Liverpool and maybe Barca i dont see really any team that Spurs wouldnt feel like they have a good chance against

City, beat them last year( with lots of craziness)

Bayern...will see how 2nd match goes and wont face them first knockout rd

Psg,real,juventus....meh
Will be an interesting draw for sure

Of course spurs have to play well under mo but if there is improvement they have the talent

Son opens the scoring of the Mou era. 

So I will say this - the team is playing a lot better. This lineup is good. What this appears to do is put the team on reset. The doghouse is empty. Everyone starts at zero. I can’t stand Mou, but this game makes you realize something had to change.

• Like 1