Tottenham 2019-20: Full Throttle

Captain Ron

1 hour ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Yep. Bullshit VAR call abd then they fail to give Norwood a second yellow. Completely changed the game.

2 hours ago, midtown said:
2 hours ago, Captain Ron said:
What boggles my mind in a call like this is that VAR is meant to fix a clear and obvious error. There is nothing clear/obvious about any call that could be used to disallow that goal.

If anything it should have been called a foul

Here is what blows my mind - THEY DID CALL A FOUL!!!

There is the ref signalling advantage on the push on Moura. So clearly he saw that as a foul.

Then would have come the handball, then the disallowed goal. So if you say "ok, handball" then you should go back and award that foul and give Spurs a free kick. Instead it ended up being Sheffield's ball and game was changed. What a load of crap.

image.thumb.png.5e6746f6c939cda26d678fca9f4f39b1.png

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, midtown said:

I don't understand leaving Bergwijn out.   He's been the only decent thing about this whole season

not sure stevie is totally fit.

37 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Winks/Sissoko midfield and Lucas starting over Bergwijn. Fuck me.

i don't hate winks/sissoko as long as lo celso is playing more forward like he is today. theoretically, winks and sissoko can release the ball to lo celso to create in the final third rather than just running directly into a defender or another spurs player. would be really great if ndombele would get his shit together and slot in for winks or sissoko, but i'm not holding my breath.

Edited by mr. littlejeans

I think it's safe to say there's something amiss at the club these days.  Funny how the drama pops up when Mourinho comes onboard as manager.  Not to say there wasn't your typical club stuff that comes up every year such as transfers (Eriksen/Poch vs Levy) and injuries (Harry/Hugo) and off the pitch stuff (drink driving by Hugo), but things really heated up when Jose started.  Several things like club record transfer Ndombele not happy and requesting to leave less than 12 months from signing him, Jose going Jose on referees/VAR/former players and commentators, training during a quarantine, playing time, and questionable benchings, and no one looking happy while playing.  

Just an amazing 180 degrees from last June. 

2 minutes ago, DeepEastTexas said:

I think it's safe to say there's something amiss at the club these days.  Funny how the drama pops up when Mourinho comes onboard as manager.  Not to say there wasn't your typical club stuff that comes up every year such as transfers (Eriksen/Poch vs Levy) and injuries (Harry/Hugo) and off the pitch stuff (drink driving by Hugo), but things really heated up when Jose started.  Several things like club record transfer Ndombele not happy and requesting to leave less than 12 months from signing him, Jose going Jose on referees/VAR/former players and commentators, training during a quarantine, playing time, and questionable benchings, and no one looking happy while playing.  

Just an amazing 180 degrees from last June. 

some good points here, but this club has been off for 18 months. the second half of last season was a dumpster fire (UCL run notwithstanding) and the start of this season was even worse. ndombele wasn't even getting significant minutes under poch because he wasn't fit enough. i'm no mourinho fan, but these guys weren't playing hard for poch at the end either. it won't happen but there needs to be a significant overhaul (either in tactics or personnel) before things get righted.

1 minute ago, mr. littlejeans said:

some good points here, but this club has been off for 18 months. the second half of last season was a dumpster fire (UCL run notwithstanding) and the start of this season was even worse. ndombele wasn't even getting significant minutes under poch because he wasn't fit enough. i'm no mourinho fan, but these guys weren't playing hard for poch at the end either. it won't happen but there needs to be a significant overhaul (either in tactics or personnel) before things get righted.

I don't completely disagree with you, but most of last season's problems, as well as the beginning of this season's, were injury related.  Last season's dumpster fire was primarily driven by Kane's injury and other players missing time.  When I'm Googling Sissoko's injury prognosis, you know things are bad, and that's what I did last April and May.  Son's suspension, Dele's injury, etc... was a terrible way to end the season.

Eriksen not getting sold, Lo Celso picking up a significant injury in international play, Ndombele not being fit and then picking up an injury in international play, an already thin lineup after selling Trippier, all contributed to Poch's issues to start this season.  Levy sitting on his hands for 18 months didn't exactly build depth into the squad, and Poch runs his guys into the ground in training.  We were playing a lot of matches as well.  It was bound to catch up to us.

2 minutes ago, DeepEastTexas said:

I don't completely disagree with you, but most of last season's problems, as well as the beginning of this season's, were injury related.  Last season's dumpster fire was primarily driven by Kane's injury and other players missing time.  When I'm Googling Sissoko's injury prognosis, you know things are bad, and that's what I did last April and May.  Son's suspension, Dele's injury, etc... was a terrible way to end the season.

Eriksen not getting sold, Lo Celso picking up a significant injury in international play, Ndombele not being fit and then picking up an injury in international play, an already thin lineup after selling Trippier, all contributed to Poch's issues to start this season.  Levy sitting on his hands for 18 months didn't exactly build depth into the squad, and Poch runs his guys into the ground in training.  We were playing a lot of matches as well.  It was bound to catch up to us.

agreed. then this season, more of the same in terms of injuries. if COVID didn't hit we likely finish the season without sonny, kane and stevie. 

i've got issues with mourinho's personality and team selections from time to time (his unwavering faith in eric dier), but i'm not sure it's fair to blame him for ratcheting up the drama when it was already there.

the unfortunate thing is that it's not likely to get better in terms of transfer expenditures with the debt from the new stadium and no revenue (probably) from european football next season.

2 minutes ago, mr. littlejeans said:

agreed. then this season, more of the same in terms of injuries. if COVID didn't hit we likely finish the season without sonny, kane and stevie. 

i've got issues with mourinho's personality and team selections from time to time (his unwavering faith in eric dier), but i'm not sure it's fair to blame him for ratcheting up the drama when it was already there.

the unfortunate thing is that it's not likely to get better in terms of transfer expenditures with the debt from the new stadium and no revenue (probably) from european football next season.

Exactly right.  Look at our lineup in the 2nd leg of the RB Leipzig UCL matchup.  That's probably the lineup to end the season if COVID doesn't hit.  Dreadful.

Mourinho brings a lot more drama off the pitch than Poch ever did.  Just look at this past 10 days; talks about Kane's scoring prowess and scorers from other clubs he's managed, goes at commentators, goes off on VAR, and goes off on referees.   That's a lot in a short amount of time.  He's a big personality, and the media love him, but there's a reason the media love him.  He's good copy.  That translates into drama.  

7 minutes ago, DeepEastTexas said:

Exactly right.  Look at our lineup in the 2nd leg of the RB Leipzig UCL matchup.  That's probably the lineup to end the season if COVID doesn't hit.  Dreadful.

Mourinho brings a lot more drama off the pitch than Poch ever did.  Just look at this past 10 days; talks about Kane's scoring prowess and scorers from other clubs he's managed, goes at commentators, goes off on VAR, and goes off on referees.   That's a lot in a short amount of time.  He's a big personality, and the media love him, but there's a reason the media love him.  He's good copy.  That translates into drama.  

The Kane bullshit was started by noted twat, and former Arsenal player, Paul Merson.

Edited by Schulz2.0

The Loris/Son thing IMHO was not that big of a deal. I have a feeling that this event would have been a locker room incident that we never heard about, except that Loris and Son can actually yell at each other in the stadium because it's empty. With no one in the stands its probably easy to think no one is watching.

Bring on this weekend.

5 hours ago, mr. littlejeans said:

PNUuL3bi_400x400.jpg

"especially when the referee that is not very good in the office, we cannot expect that he is very good on the pitch." - mou, probably

It feels like the PL is trolling us at times. Let's not mention our shit schedule (NLD is going to be our 4th game in 9 days, we'll be on 3 days rest versus 5 for Arsenal).

51 minutes ago, midtown said:

Throw in a 4 game ban for Dier now.   What a shitty ass season start to finish

Wait a second - this might be the best news for our defense since the restart.

Frankly this is doubly good, he was probably good for a red card against Arsenal this weekend, so this save us from that trouble.

That said, I don't understand why this decision is only coming down now for a incident that happened in March and 5 FA games have passed since then, 4 since the restart. They could / should have resolved this weeks ago. Make no mistake, I'm seriously glad he is missing from the Arsenal game, but that makes no sense.

13 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

It feels like the PL is trolling us at times. Let's not mention our shit schedule (NLD is going to be our 4th game in 9 days, we'll be on 3 days rest versus 5 for Arsenal).

I certainly don't get this scheduling at all. I could get 5-4 days rest, but 5-3 is complete BS. That said, we're going to fuck up our rotations anyway, probably not resting anyone against the Cherries.

On 7/8/2020 at 9:50 AM, Captain Ron said:

Wait a second - this might be the best news for our defense since the restart.

Frankly this is doubly good, he was probably good for a red card against Arsenal this weekend, so this save us from that trouble.

That said, I don't understand why this decision is only coming down now for a incident that happened in March and 5 FA games have passed since then, 4 since the restart. They could / should have resolved this weeks ago. Make no mistake, I'm seriously glad he is missing from the Arsenal game, but that makes no sense.

I agree with all of this.  The only point I would add is this; Dele got suspended right away during the COVID panic for mocking Asian people on social media.  Why did the FA wait 4 games to pass judgement on Dier? 

No Ndombele in the starting XI today either.  Maybe this lights a fire under his ass for Sunday's NLD. 

More importantly, COYS!!!!

6 minutes ago, DeepEastTexas said:

I agree with all of this.  The only point I would add is this; Dele got suspended right away during the COVID panic for mocking Asian people on social media.  Why did the FA wait 4 games to pass judgement on Dier? 

No Ndombele in the starting XI today either.  Maybe this lights a fire under his ass for Sunday's NLD. 

More importantly, COYS!!!!

Let's see if Ndombele even gets any minutes today.

The rift between Jose and Ndombele might be irreparable.  Persistent rumors that Barca is inquiring about him and Sessegnon.  I have no clue why Sessegnon hasn't featured more this year.  I know he was injured early in the summer when Spurs bought him and that lasted thru the fall, but he hasn't featured much at all since rejoining the team.