Who is your current favorite announcer?

markstanco

9 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

I'm watching a replay of the 2018 $EC Championship game and I'm being told that Georgia is awesome. They are up 28-14 midway through the 3rd RN   

I believe that was the last game of thier season. Not sure they even played in a bowl game.

• Like 1

Someone mentioned Sean McDonough and I owe that guy an apology.  I used to rail against him but then, one day, ESPN stopped putting him with Matt Millen.  Once that happened, I liked him  a lot better.  A lot of those guys are handicapped by working with a retard.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, slorch said:

I gotta admit I miss Jack Dale calling our games, RIP.

You just felt like you were with family when his voice filled the airwaves.

Not a Tech fan but raised in west Texas.  Jack Dale was the best at describing the situation and setting.  I thought he was best at basketball...”He maaaade it”

McDonough and Millen were a beating. But McDonough and Speils were gold. Their personalities match so well, and neither of them talk too much (cough) Herbie (cough).

Like here:

After the play they give us 10 seconds to just process it.

BTN has used a guy who does KC Royals games. I think his name is Ryan Lefebver? He is GOOD. Calls it almost like a radio broadcast. We need more of him.

Joel Klatt is a brilliant man, and he explains stuff so well. His partner Gus Johnson...grows on you.

4 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

Historically

I really enjoyed the Sunday Night Baseball crew of Jon Miller and Harry Morgan as they were on every Sunday from when I was 1 until I was 21. On the college football side give me the 11AM Big XII match-up between Colorado and Texas Tech with Joel Meyers giving the play by play. I'll also take an Astros booth of Bill Brown and Alan Ashby.

Current:

First on the color side is Razor and right behind him is Geoff Blum. Play by play I'll take Sean McDonough or Brad Nessler. I like Fran Fraschilla in college basketball. Pro football has to be the Sunday night crew of Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth but that's mainly for nostalgia reasons.

This is such a terrible post.  Harry Morgan?  And Geoff Blum might be the only guy dumber than Joe Morgan who has ever been on TV.

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

This is such a terrible post.  Harry Morgan?  And Geoff Blum might be the only guy dumber than Joe Morgan who has ever been on TV.

As much as he seems like a nice guy, I cannot stand Blum on Astros broadcasts.

Whwn I stream the games, I’ll pick the opponents’ broadcasts almost every time.

Love it when Bagwell is on and enjoyed the Big Puma on Blum’s recent vacation.( Twinkie story is gold!)

Edited by slorch

I miss Ron Franklin

I like Ian Eagle and Jim Spanarkel

most of the NCAA tourney pairings are good as well

I like Jeff van Gundy

I like Jessica Mendoza in the role she has

Jim Nantz is still pretty great at golf and the tourney 

the soccer name's mentioned above, Darke, Arlo White, Tyler

as far as awful announcers go, Lowell Galindo is worse than Dave Lapham, who makes Ric Renner look like Keith Jackson 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Not that Bob said:

"Bobby Lackey at quarterback for Texas. He bows under and barks the signals." 

Check Kern Tips out on one of the greatest outpourings of aggy tears of all time:

(BTW: I played against that idiot Brotherton. It didn't surprise me when, after the interception, he tried to lateral when all he had to do was just fall on the ball. He kicked my ass, all right, but I got the last laugh a couple of years later when this happened:)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sock Drawer said:

Check Kern Tips out on one of the greatest outpourings of aggy tears of all time:

(BTW: I played against that idiot Brotherton. It didn't surprise me when, after the interception, he tried to lateral when all he had to do was just fall on the ball. He kicked my ass, all right, but I got the last laugh a couple of years later when this happened:)

The fan frantically waving “incompletion” on the aggy interception in the end zone is Bill Little .. if I recall correctly the oral tribal history of that game.