Texas women's basketball '18-19

texasstrong12

4 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Ashlee Hannan committed in the ‘19 class. Texas going international with the Australian. 

First Aussie to play at Texas

6'4 forward/post which means our front-line in 2019 would be: 6'7 Sedona; 6'5 Charli; 6'4 Hannan; 6'3 Joyner.  LOL good luck playing against that.

If we can round out our 2019 class with Endiya Rogers (and/or Rickea Jackson), I'll be pleased because 2020 is a deep in-state class.

11 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Oh noes we can’t defend the 3 point line

I would be THRILLED if Danni, Sug and Patterson can combine for 8-9 threes a game and really take the pressure off our thin frontcourt until Joyner gets back.

Ankle. She had surgery on it. I know it was just an exhibition but Collier had a double double in her first college game  

for comparison it took Joyner 9 games into her freshman year to get a double double 

Edited by Js1

I keep trying to decide my preferred lineup for the early part of the season and I think I'm at:

PG Sug
SG Higgs
SF Williams
PF Collier
C White

Off the bench, Patterson should run point with Littleton at the 2.  One of the freshman, maybe Audrey Warren, is better suited for the 3 with Jada at the 4 and Mide at the 5.

Edited by Js1

Just now, texasstrong12 said:

they are a decent to good non P5 team. They went 25-8 last year and won several games in the WNIT. This team will have a decent shot to win the A10 and make the tournament. 

They don't pass the eye test for a decent to good team to me.  They are slow afoot, don't handle the ball well (except for #2), get pushed around under the boards, aren't much of a threat to drive, so far haven't made open looks.

4 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

They don't pass the eye test for a decent to good team to me. 

That's because Texas has a bunch of top 20 players on the court that are completely different caliber athletes. 

I watched this team play TCU ( receiving votes for the top 25) a few nights ago and they lost by 13 but it was much closer than the score indicated. It was a single digit game until the final few minutes and Duquesne had chances to win that game. 

This team would hang with and beat several big 12 teams on a neutral court. 

Williams is a shooter so that’s what she’ll keep on doing whether she’s on or off. Aston’s job is to give her more or less minutes in the game depending on how well she’s shooting. If she starts 3 for 6 from behind the arc then leave her in, but if she starts 0-6 then pull her because she’ll keep on shooting either way 

9 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Williams is a shooter so that’s what she’ll keep on doing whether she’s on or off. Aston’s job is to give her more or less minutes in the game depending on how well she’s shooting. If she starts 3 for 6 from behind the arc then leave her in, but if she starts 0-6 then pull her because she’ll keep on shooting either way 

So I didn't get to see the game. From what I can gather:

Higgs will continue to be a monster
Sug isn't going to be the scorer Brooke was but she was facilitated well (almost 10 assists and would have had closer to 13-14 if Danni had hit shots?)
Littleton can put the ball in the bucket
Danni had a bad night - all shooters do
Jatarie dbl/dbl
Collier picked up too many cheap fouls and fouled out?

How did Chaz, Jada and Warren/Joanne look?