2019-20 NCAA basketball season thread

Machinator

7 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Wut?  Where?

At the many concession stands they have (used to have) a wicked good Prime Rib sandwich. They actually slice(d) the meat and serve it to you au jus with excellent half sour pickles. There were a few years at the Big East Tournament I only ate pizza from my favorite pizzeria, NYC pickles and Prime Rib sandwiches in MSG.

They may not have it anymore. But here is a link to MSG concessions, with locations in the arena.

I love MSG!

https://www.msg.com/madison-square-garden/food-drink

• Like 1

What a shitty kickoff to the season. Hats off to the winners but damn that was pretty anticlimactic all around. Really ugly basketball. Duke can’t shoot and Ku makes a ton of dumb mistakes. MSU should be the favorite just based on having a good PG that is a senior but then they drop to a fresh Kentucky team that has no business hanging with them. 

I thought this would be a really good year of high quality ball across college hoops but it seems to me that even the “top” teams have a long way to go before it is even close to refined. 

That’s not what I said at all. In the champs classic usually 1 team plays moderately bad. I’d say 3 if not 4 played very poorly. It was an anticlimactic beginning to the season given what it was billed to be. I also think that the college football playoff announcement  took away from the games. 

I enjoyed a great night of games and didn't even get to see my own play.  I thought there was some fantastic basketball last night.  Don't be so myopic.

Basketball also seems to build up a little more as the season progresses..  The aforementioned roster turnover impacts basketball more than the other sports.  These teams are still being coached/ molded/ and formed into who they are going to be.  I enjoy the work that goes into this part of the year and what teams look like come Conference play and March. See also: early season injuries/ eligibility questions also changing teams.

• Like 1

Memphis, Tenn. thinks it's a basketball haven. As long as they can cheat. The story is that Hardaway was a booster, not the Memphis coach. True, because at the time he was the coach at Memphis East HS, where Wiseman used Hardaway's $ to land with his move to Memphis. It's just so unsavory and blaming the NCAA is wrong in this scenario.

Yep. There is no justification for a coach to flat out hand a family money. That’s even worse than KU’s situation. Everyone knew penny was going to be the coach at Memphis during this time as well. I don’t think they even interviewed him or anyone else before they hired him. 

19 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

Yep. There is no justification for a coach to flat out hand a family money. That’s even worse than KU’s situation. Everyone knew penny was going to be the coach at Memphis during this time as well. I don’t think they even interviewed him or anyone else before they hired him. 

Hey I enjoy posts from @Jhawk 

But maybe stay away from comments like "That’s even worse than KU’s situation".  

giphy.gif