2019-20 NCAA basketball season thread

Machinator

Though not exactly a powerhouse, a long-standing member of division one basketball, university of Maine falls to highly ranked Virginia, 46-26

yeah, 46-26 was a score.   Tonight.  In major college hoops.  Da fuh?

15 hours ago, Lobo said:

Though not exactly a powerhouse, a long-standing member of division one basketball, university of Maine falls to highly ranked Virginia, 46-26

You must be new to college basketball if you’re shocked that a UVA game was scored that low.

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

You must be new to college basketball if you’re shocked that a UVA game was scored that low.

You can’t tell me 26 points doesn’t seem low for Maine.  Or any team featuring adult men.  

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

Sure it does. But a team like Maine playing a team like UVA tells me 26 is about right.

Great.  Forget I said anything.  Enjoy your holiday. 

Edited by Lobo

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

You can’t tell me 26 points doesn’t seem low for Maine.  Or any team featuring adult men.  

2 other opponents have scored 34. Welcome to UVA basketball. As usual, your highly ignorant opinion is unique only to your lack of knowledge you pretend to have. 

22 hours ago, Lobo said:

I sat through the 48-34 Virginia-Cuse game recently because my friend roots for Virginia because he grew up in Charlottesville. Graduated from Cornell, but he still roots for them. Bennett makes basketball unwatchable. I stopped watching the title game 7 minutes in. He ruins watching basketball. Basketball is a free-flowing game at its heart. 

Edited by UpperWestside

35 minutes ago, Js1 said:

2 other opponents have scored 34. Welcome to UVA basketball. As usual, your highly ignorant opinion is unique only to your lack of knowledge you pretend to have. 

Just making conversation about a low scoring game on a quiet thread about college hoops at-large, even those 34 point games you jerked off to near your children---26 points is a 24% decrease.  That's a huge dropoff in hoops.  Never really claimed to have vast knowledge about college hoops at any time.  The score stood out to me and I made a post on the night before Thanksgiving when not much other hoops talk was happening.  You can put me on ignore or have me banned, I honestly don't know why life seems to be so hard for you right now.  

I didn't realize every single macro post on the college hoops thread had to be prolific and tectonic.  Late at night on the Wednesday travel day before T-Day, that's when you decide to draw a line and talk shit.  Just tell me what's wrong so we can move past it.  Or better yet, let's put each other on ignore.  To call your posts worthless at this point would be an insult to your family.  Just tell me what you need sir.  

Edited by Lobo

Damn, Pepperdine is pretty damn good, and holy crap can they shoot. I have no clue how they are 3-3 based on how great they've looked tonight vs Zona. 

edit: well their bench having zero points tonight might be an indication as to why they're .500 on the season despite shooting 40% from deep and 86% from the stripe as a team. 

Edited by Goo Punch

So A&M went to Orlando to play the following basketball powerhouses:  Fairfield, Harvard, and Temple and lost those three games by a total of 38 points?  

How do you go to Orlando for a week and only come back with Syphilis?  Oh wait, nevermind.  Makes perfect sense when you think about it.  

Despite our garbage appearances lately (Looking at Georgetown and McNeese State), I'm thinking we should handle them easily in Fort Worth next weekend.  Not pumped enough to make the trip up there, but I think we should take care of business and get scoreboard back on them in hoops.