2019-20 NCAA basketball season thread

Machinator

On 2/22/2020 at 11:17 PM, Wally Pryor said:

Gonzaga is a fraud.  No big offensive weapons and a horrid transition defense.

Few has had some nice teams but this one will be lucky to get past the round of 32.  Kansas would throttle them.

Few would disagree with your point! 

( :D couldn't miss this one, as it can go two different ways, depending on how you read it!)

7 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

So if "go back to Uruguay" is enough to get you ejected, what if you just yelled "GO TO URUGUAY!"....? 

Season tickets.

Hate to say it, but KU might actually be the best team in the country.

Edited by mulletpelini
gotdamn now I need a bath, so dirty

is there any marquee type blue blood #3 UNC @ #2 Duke(i know these arent the real ranks, just an example) ish feel to it the rest of this season to look forward to?

I keep looking ahead to the college schedule and I see nothing. #3 KU @ #1 Baylor was nice but it was an 11AM game. Anything Saturday night at 8PM that I can get hyped for before conference tournaments start in a few week?

Edited by MNLonghornFUKM

Have you guys been watching the fightin Buzz Williams?  Last night, they kept it close in the 2nd half but the obvious talent mismatch came through because A&M just doesn't have enough talent right now to go up against the top 25 teams and win.  And that one dude from Kentucky (Quickley) just kept firing the 3's and hitting almost all of them. 

But the way they have fought and won, they seem to have exceeded expectations (SEC pre-season rankings had had near the bottom of the conference), and other than a couple of blow-out losses the games have been close, so that shows the fight. Buzz probably has them peaking right now, and if they could win one or two more before going into the SEC Tourney and winning a couple there, they at least could get a post-season NIT invite hopefully.  And that's good build-up for next year (hey, i'm an aggie, i always have next year to look fwd to! lol)

Buzz looks to be a good coach who makes the most of the talent he has; hopefully he can also upgrade the talent and A&M can begin to think about making it back to the Big Dance.

Edited by PHLaggie
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Radical Larry said:

How do you #MarchMadness, without the fans..? Might as well just play the games in in a damn garage then.!

In other news, Tulsa coach had the impressive win over Memphis a while back & has Golden Hurricanes 20-9.!!

Edited by kopp0e

On 2/28/2020 at 1:10 AM, Sbbruin said:

Absolutely stunning what Cronin has done with this team.  Halfway through the season and we were a heaping pile of dogshit.  Now 6 straight and 10 of 12, three straight comebacks from double digits down.  First place in the PAC.  Unreal.

Like I said before I always liked his teams at Cincy. Tough guys playing tough ball. It's what Howland was supposed to bring.

2 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Like I said before I always liked his teams at Cincy. Tough guys playing tough ball. It's what Howland was supposed to bring.

It’s what Howland did bring for awhile.  Then he started recruiting straight 5 stars who didn’t like his hardass approach, revolted, the team went wayward, and that was that.  It’s why he’s successful at MSU.  Howland was and is a fantastic coach.

20 hours ago, kopp0e said:

In other news, Tulsa coach had the impressive win over Memphis a while back & has Golden Hurricanes 20-9.!!

and not even considered for the tourney. 

Shocks down 24 and came back to win.  So close to turning this one off, so glad I didn't.  SMU had first foul called with 3:07 left in game, and when they got behind and needed to extend the game with fouls, it killed them.  Never seen that before.  Unreal.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mulletpelini said:

and not even considered for the tourney. 

Shocks down 24 and came back to win.  So close to turning this one off, so glad I didn't.  SMU had first foul called with 3:07 left in game, and when they got behind and needed to extend the game with fouls, it killed them.  Never seen that before.  Unreal.

The great thing about February insanity, is it gets us prepped for "March Madness".?!

22 hours ago, kopp0e said:

How do you #MarchMadness, without the fans..? Might as well just play the games in in a damn garage then.!

#MarchSadness

• Haha 1

Decent slate of games tonight as the regular season comes to a close. 

Chance to watch Aggie lose at Auburn.

I wouldn't mind seeing TCU lose at Kansas.

Nova at Seton Hall on FS1 is probably best game of the night.

Dayton at Rhode Island is not too bad either.

Florida State at Notre Dame might be fun, if Domers lose.

Edited by PittsburghTiger