2019-20 NCAA basketball season thread

Machinator

It may have been a one-off deal, but being 8-0 going into it would say otherwise, but there was a lot to like from that game - as mentioned, sticky defense, great ball movement, clutch shooting.   

We'll see how things go.  I'm sure someone will come back and point this out when DePaul is 16-10.  As they should. 

1 minute ago, youdunnf'dup said:

3 players back from last year? Did I hear that right? That kinda explains the 3 losses.

Moretti is our only returning starter. We are leaning on some grad transfers that aren't playing as well as we need them to right now and a bunch of freshmen. And our leading scorer is a true freshman who hasn't played the last 3.75 games with a tweaked hamstring. Beard had his work cut out for him this year but this team will only get better and better.

2 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

3 players back from last year? Did I hear that right? That kinda explains the 3 losses.

It's as much a rebuild as last year.  I think the difference is that while this year's team is more talented player for player, last year the guys were more experienced and figured out their respective roles a little quicker and more easily.  

9 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Moretti is our only returning starter. We are leaning on some grad transfers that aren't playing as well as we need them to right now and a bunch of freshmen. And our leading scorer is a true freshman who hasn't played the last 3.75 games with a tweaked hamstring. Beard had his work cut out for him this year but this team will only get better and better.

6 minutes ago, Dirk X West said:

It's as much a rebuild as last year.  I think the difference is that while this year's team is more talented player for player, last year the guys were more experienced and figured out their respective roles a little quicker and more easily.  

Good shit. Just a really impressive win. That was my first time watching you guys this season, and it’s refreshing to see a program come out and get a win like that given the circumstances (without your leading scorer too, right?).