Apollo 11 - presented by cnn and land rover.

CoTex

19 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

I know the house shaking bit, living about 15 minutes from McGregor provides for some interesting evenings.   It’s sad when you know which engines they’re testing based on noise and duration 

I can hear that shit clear to Lake Belton at times.

On 6/30/2019 at 1:43 PM, RPM said:

Maybe it's just Directv, but when I tried to record it, it records as ppv. On demand shows ppv, too.

I got the same thing. Even when I specifically selected to record the CNN version. 

Apollo: Mission to the Moon on NetGeo is supposed to be really good. Next showtime is Thursday at 7pm

The documentary covers most of the Apollo missions. It follows a roughly chronological timeline, beginning with the early days of the space program, mostly skipping over, or briefly summarizing, Apollo missions 2-7, 9-10, 12, and 14-17, before closing with some foreshadowing of the then-nascent space shuttle program. The focus is understandably on the most well-known big moments in US space history: Apollo 8 and the first manned mission to leave Earth and orbit the moon; the first manned lunar landing with Apollo 11; and the nail-biting drama of Apollo 13, forever immortalized in the 1995 film starring Tom Hanks.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/07/archival-footage-audio-immerses-viewers-in-apollo-missions-to-the-moon/

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/tv/watch/0560ed6750cb767de7c51b72c248f962/

• Like 1

Chasing the Moon is an excellent series. It should be required viewing for every HS kid in America. They need to learn the meaning behind the names and how things actually happened. Otherwise you end up with people believing the Earth is flat and the Moon landing was shot on a Kansas soundstage. This was an evolutionary moment for mankind.

I'm in space geek overload with the 50th anniversary this month and all the programming across PBS, CNN, NASA and Discovery. My heart still races watching this stuff and the B roll of the crowds and related news. It's hard to explain the 60's if you weren't there. These shows put you there.

Edited by RPM
  • Like 1

atcsrdmott65iuu8naoy.png

The 50th anniversary of the Moon landing is coming up on July 20 and there are events being held all around Washington D.C. to celebrate. One of the coolest events will be at the Washington Monument, where a full-scale, 363-foot Saturn V rocket will be digitally projected on the landmark as a 17-minute show about the Apollo 11 mission plays on screens nearby.

The event, which is free to the public, was commissioned by the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum and is being produced by Fifty-Nine Productions in partnership with the U.S. Department of the Interior. Boeing and Raytheon are also contributing funds.

https://paleofuture.gizmodo.com/the-rocket-that-took-humans-to-the-moon-will-be-project-1836235797

• Like 1

I regret missing out on seeing "Apollo 11" in IMAX during its theatrical run. It is great. "Chasing the Moon" is great.  I, too, am geeking big-time at all the offerings.  

Came across this video of Eagle's descent today, which is also great (all the communications are captioned). Brief intro and the footage picks up at 3:05  The doc "Mission Control" on Netflix is an absolute must-watch, too, for anyone who hasn't seen it.  

On 7/8/2019 at 3:42 PM, Go Pokes said:

NERD ALERT!

PBS tonight at 8:00.

American Experience is “tracking the early years of the space race beginning with 1957, as the US struggles to catch up with the Soviet Union”

2 hours of space nerd Nirvana.

Watched it.  Badassery 

21 hours ago, Dutch said:

I regret missing out on seeing "Apollo 11" in IMAX during its theatrical run. It is great. "Chasing the Moon" is great.  I, too, am geeking big-time at all the offerings.  

Came across this video of Eagle's descent today, which is also great (all the communications are captioned). Brief intro and the footage picks up at 3:05  The doc "Mission Control" on Netflix is an absolute must-watch, too, for anyone who hasn't seen it.  

That is fucking cool as hell!  Thanks for posting