Matrix 4 -- The Matrix Rebooted?

Patrick Bateman

Eh. I might bite. But only if they do it somewhat like the first where the characters aren't totally clued in on everything and the audience isn't assumed to be. 

The reason the first one is so good is because it's so enigmatic and unwraps itself in a slow burn. If they could do something like that again - it might not be terrible. 

If they go with bulletstorm karate fest Zion sex 4 then yeah it's gonna suck. 

7 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

That post links to a Hollywood Reporter piece that is over two years old.

The internet is so silly sometimes.

That's the first time it was reported that they were looking to revive it.  It got legs again because of some new quotes from the John Wick director.  Studio isn't confirming reports (not really denying them either).

“I’m super happy that the Wachowskis are not just doing a Matrix, but they’re expanding what we all loved. And if it’s anywhere near the level of what they’ve already done, it wouldn’t take more than a call to go, ‘Hey, we want you to be a stunt guy’ and I would probably go and get hit by a car.”

1 hour ago, SwanderedTalent said:

they couldn't even make a decent sequel, I doubt they can turn out a decent remake

This

42 minutes ago, DougO said:

I'm out, unless the movie reveals that the Matrix 2 and 3 were only a glitch that never happened.

........but this.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Try not to get fucking hyped.

I know a lot we’re disappointed with 2 and 3 (or maybe just 3?), but I was not. Other than the weird dance orgy. It’s difficult for me not to get incredibly excited and hopeful about this. 

2 hours ago, UT_OB1 said:

I know a lot we’re disappointed with 2 and 3 (or maybe just 3?), but I was not. Other than the weird dance orgy. It’s difficult for me not to get incredibly excited and hopeful about this. 

Benny Hill What GIF

That said, I’m hopeful this will be good

Edited by hobbes2702

4 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

Try not to get fucking hyped.

Don’t have to. That’s incredibly weak.

Once Neo learned he’s “The One” and could destroy Agent Smith by diving into him and making him explode, what was the point of having him fight 20 Agent Smiths in the sequel and why didn’t he just do that to all of them? They’re in the business of creating visuals, not of telling a story. Hey dumbasses, how about you have “The One” free humanity from slavery? Wasn’t that kind of the whole fucking point of finding “The One” in the first place? And here’s an idea, machines. Once the humans discovered “The One,” maybe it would be a good idea to do everything possible to keep him from getting back inside the Matrix.

Both 2 & 3 sucked ass. There’s no way 4 won’t suck too. 

• Hook 'Em 2

22 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Don’t have to. That’s incredibly weak.

Once Neo learned he’s “The One” and could destroy Agent Smith by diving into him and making him explode, what was the point of having him fight 20 Agent Smiths in the sequel and why didn’t he just do that to all of them? They’re in the business of creating visuals, not of telling a story. Hey dumbasses, how about you have “The One” free humanity from slavery? Wasn’t that kind of the whole fucking point of finding “The One” in the first place? And here’s an idea, machines. Once the humans discovered “The One,” maybe it would be a good idea to do everything possible to keep him from getting back inside the Matrix.

Both 2 & 3 sucked ass. There’s no way 4 won’t suck too. 

image.gif.4e5e2eebd7bc5bf50ddae80b4099e450.gif

• Haha 1