Matrix 4 -- The Matrix Rebooted?

Patrick Bateman

Yeah looks pretty freaking good.

Big fan of Jonathan Goff from Mindhunter... glad he's in it.  I wonder about the premise. Is this going to be another iteration of the Matrix like what was referenced in the "Architect" scene? Or something else based on the Goff character's line at the end of the trailer?  A "new" something that was intended to not have the "error" that created Neo each time?... But eventually it still does, it just took longer? (Hence older Keanu, etc.)

Either way, I think it looks fun and I'm so IN.

Edited by oSuJeff97

12 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I'm maybe one of the few that liked all 3 movies. Then again I kinda compartmentalize movies that entertain me vs those that make me think. These tried to do both, but mostly should have stuck with the entertainment part. This looks promising

I really liked part 2.... not so much part 3. It just got a bit tedious and boring.

• Hook 'Em 1

The guys who pair trailers with music are the richest guys in Hollywood, right? This trailer just brought in a couple million people who might not have otherwise cared.

I like the reimagining approach rather than trying to continue from the shit show of an ending from the 3rd.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I like the reimagining approach rather than trying to continue from the shit show of an ending from the 3rd.

I don't think that's what's going on here. These are the same actors playing the same characters. We heard some things in the original trilogy about different cycles of the Matrix/Neo so I'm sure that's what this is. 

3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I don't think that's what's going on here. These are the same actors playing the same characters. We heard some things in the original trilogy about different cycles of the Matrix/Neo so I'm sure that's what this is. 

Reimagining was a poor word choice on my part. They're not pretending that the original 3 never happened; they're just not picking up right from the end of 3 with strict continuity. Unless Trinity is just a program...which I suppose is possible.

IIRC, at the end of 3, Neo made a deal with the machines - Neo goes back into the Matrix to deal with the rogue Smith anomaly and the machines don't wipe out humanity (that escaped the Matrix).  The premise for 4 looks intriguing to me.  Maybe the machine is helping Neo to remember he's the one for some reason (another rogue Agent?).  Maybe the machines reneged on their part of the deal and humanity needs him again.  Many possiblities.

5 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

So Neo sacrificed himself to save humanity, but in the end just rebooted the Matrix and has been blue-pilling it this whole time? So what was the point?

Neo dies in Matrix 3. This Keanu is a new Neo. A neo Neo, if you will.

After reading the comments here about how people thought 3 ended, I think the reason most of you didn’t like it is because you were just to stupid to understand it. Or are you all women and “watched” it while you were looking at cat videos on your cell phones?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, XYZ said:

Neo dies in Matrix 3. This Keanu is a new Neo. A neo Neo, if you will.

Ahh that makes a bit more sense. I need to go back and re-watch the trilogy. I looked it up today, The last one was almost 20 years ago, so I probably forgot more than I knew in the first place.

The song insists upon itself. I get it, it's clever, but I don't like it in the trailer. 

Totally agree. Way too on the nose and a lazy choice. Maybe if they had had Prodigy remix it.

The Matrix is one of my favorite movies, and one of the best sci-fi movies ever made. The sequels were OK but didn’t live up to the original. This, on the other hand, looks like a total re-hash to me. I really hope it’s better than the trailer looks.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Totally agree. Way too on the nose and a lazy choice. Maybe if they had had Prodigy remix it.

The Matrix is one of my favorite movies, and one of the best sci-fi movies ever made. The sequels were OK but didn’t live up to the original. This, on the other hand, looks like a total re-hash to me. I really hope it’s better than the trailer looks.

Cool.  One of my Top 3 movies and music "groups" of all time in one post.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, BigDHornfan said:

I bet Fishburne is in it

Spoiler

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/laurence-fishburne-confirms-not-appear-the-matrix-4

He is out as of last year.  One story said that the death of he (as the older Morpheus) in the MMO was being respected, and that we have a young reincarnation or whatever of him.

• Like 1

So fuking in. Movie posters n shit everywhere when I was in college.  The Matrix gets me.

Hope that isn't a BTS member as blue haired character.

Seen 1 a thousand times.  Enjoy watching part 2 when I see it on tv.  But have only seen part 3 like once lol. Didn't 2 and 3 release in theaters like a month apart?

On 9/9/2021 at 11:36 AM, Pig Bellmont said:

The only thing I remember from 3 was that Neo was Jesus, basically - he used powers to stop a sentinel in the real world and everyone was freed. Right?

So are we sure this is a do over?

Maybe it was a Matrix inside of a Matrix.

• Hook 'Em 1