Matrix 4 -- The Matrix Rebooted?

Patrick Bateman

On 9/9/2021 at 11:55 AM, bernorange said:

IIRC, at the end of 3, Neo made a deal with the machines - Neo goes back into the Matrix to deal with the rogue Smith anomaly and the machines don't wipe out humanity (that escaped the Matrix).  The premise for 4 looks intriguing to me.  Maybe the machine is helping Neo to remember he's the one for some reason (another rogue Agent?).  Maybe the machines reneged on their part of the deal and humanity needs him again.  Many possiblities.

Hadn't seen this thread, but happened to watch the first Matrix last night, just came out on Roku. I agree. Did the Machines renege? Fucking welchers. 

CHIEF

Just saw the teaser and it kinda feels like it's just going to be another iteration of the Matrix cycle but with slightly different choices made by whatever version of Neo arises. I hope they don't pull a Karate Kid in China but with Kung Fu while recycling the original story line.

12 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

It is, quite intentionally, an allegory for becoming transgender.

You'll note that the Wachowski brothers are now the Wachowski sisters.

https://www.vox.com/culture/2019/3/30/18286436/the-matrix-wachowskis-trans-experience-redpill

Well shit, I wasted a lot of time discussing the philosophy of the Matrix 20 something years ago.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, F250 said:

Well shit, I wasted a lot of time discussing the philosophy of the Matrix 20 something years ago.

The one friend I had back then who turned me on to the movie... who said "I can't believe someone made a movie this cool"... well, that former D-Lineman and California state champion heavyweight wrestler, now goes by Kristen and has been on hormones for 20 years.

Me... I just sat back and enjoyed the movie and laughed at all the people struggling to philosophize around it. I think most of the hatred for 2 & 3 comes from people disappointed that their pet theories turned out to be bogus.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, F250 said:

Just saw the teaser and it kinda feels like it's just going to be another iteration of the Matrix cycle but with slightly different choices made by whatever version of Neo arises. I hope they don't pull a Karate Kid in China but with Kung Fu while recycling the original story line.

One thing you can be confident in is that the esthetics of the movie will be amazing, even if the plot is a hot mess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

The one friend I had back then who turned me on to the movie... who said "I can't believe someone made a movie this cool"... well, that former D-Lineman and California state champion heavyweight wrestler, now goes by Kristen and has been on hormones for 20 years.

Me... I just sat back and enjoyed the movie and laughed at all the people struggling to philosophize around it. I think most of the hatred for 2 & 3 comes from people disappointed that their pet theories turned out to be bogus.

I loved the entire trilogy but I had just started working as a pen tester back then and interpreted the movies through that lense. Descartes demon, Neo and Cristology, Techno Determinism blended meets theological determinism, Neo is an example of Compatabilism, Movies II and III were just a rootkit performed by Agent Smith, Ominiscence and freewill, etc...

LOL there was a lot of Marijuana involved in those ideas.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Rimbo said:

It is, quite intentionally, an allegory for becoming transgender.

You'll note that the Wachowski brothers are now the Wachowski sisters.

https://www.vox.com/culture/2019/3/30/18286436/the-matrix-wachowskis-trans-experience-redpill

I’d say it’s more an allegory for tripping balls on LSD than for becoming transgender.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, XYZ said:

I’d say it’s more an allegory for tripping balls on LSD than for becoming transgender.

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

This man is wearing a dress.

Check the article above; it's pretty clear and detailed, right down to the dress-like black outfit Neo wears. The Wachowski brothersisters have confirmed it, too.

I was trying to figure out who the hot blue haired chick was, and of course it's Jessica Henwick. 

At the end of the day, she's going to be up there with any other big name who can crush it at Comic Con. Star Wars, Marvel, now The Matrix, Game of Thrones. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

On 9/13/2021 at 8:49 PM, F250 said:

On 9/13/2021 at 8:56 PM, Rimbo said:

You're both right. The movie isn't entirely about being trans, or even mostly about it. It's a great movie with a great story. That the writers expanded on some common underlying themes (which can just as easily be applied to a host of other situations) doesn't mean it isn't also a metaphor for many other things, besides just being a great story all on its own.

I was never a Matrix junkie. #1 was solid. Don't remember much about the others.

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, LTbear said:

You're both right. The movie isn't entirely about being trans, or even mostly about it. It's a great movie with a great story. That the writers expanded on some common underlying themes (which can just as easily be applied to a host of other situations) doesn't mean it isn't also a metaphor for many other things, besides just being a great story all on its own.

I was never a Matrix junkie. #1 was solid. Don't remember much about the others.

Nope. It's entirely about being trans. It is a carefully-crafted metaphor for being transsexual. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Rimbo said:

Nope. It's entirely about being trans. It is a carefully-crafted metaphor for being transsexual. 

Disagree. It was clearly an artistic expression born out of that underlying theme. But you can't look me in the eye and honestly say you believe every little piece of writing fits into a trans metaphor. It was inspiration, not the entire script; so no, it's not "entirely" about being trans. You're simply reading way too much into the writers' thoughts on that inspiration. Perhaps you want to read that much into it for some reason; if you are trans yourself, I didn't know that (I don't follow individual posters here enough to remember personalities). 

If you disagree, have it. I find it a silly assertion but I don't care either way, so I'm not going to go on any back and forth about it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

As a cis gender heterosexual, I thought Altered Carbon was way more thought provoking about gender issues.  I wouldn't have ever guessed The Matrix had anything to do with trans gender messaging.

If the Switch character had been male/female in Zion/Matrix, I would have got that as the Matrix avatars were supposed to be reflections of the real people.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Saw this last night on Imax. Was not disappointed.

Went in not knowing what to expect, but it reminded me most of the first movie (a good thing), and not only because much of it has direct flashbacks to the first movie. I really enjoyed the additional worldbuilding of the real world and the machines. Acting was solid. Action was solid, only really jumped the shark once or twice. Came out of it feeling like there wasn't much actual plot though, like the entire 4th movie was only the intro half of a story. If they want to milk this series for money, they could do endless spinoff "Trinity" and "Morpheus" movies or shows, plenty of room to keep using those.

Unfortunately, couldn't take Doogie Howser seriously.

On 12/7/2021 at 4:55 PM, CooterBrown said:

So The Matrix trilogy was part of the matrix simulation but this movie is the real world? Unless this movie makes enough for a sequel, then it’s a matrix within a matrix within a matrix.

for those of us that now question how the world around us IS NOT a simulation, this is a timely re-exploration of a future we can still avoid.

the sex rave was a pure expression of what makes us different from the machines and why it needs to be celebrated and protected.

how many black cats in a glitch?