Least sexy female accents

TexArcher

7 hours ago, immamac said:

This is completely untrue. I spend tons of time with people from Fargo and various other parts of North and South Dakota. There is definitely a big accent, however you are correct in that it's not as in your face as the northern Minnesota accent. 

The closer you get to Minnesota, the more nasally the accents get in the Dakotas. 

Redneck, especially when it’s purposefully exaggerated out of a sense of “redneck pride.” Redneck pride culture in general makes me surly as fuck. I damn near moved to Europe when Gretchen Wilson’s redneck woman song was popular around here.

• Like 1

Just now, 'stache said:

Redneck, especially when it’s purposefully exaggerated out of a sense of “redneck pride.” Redneck pride culture in general makes me surly as fuck. I damn near moved to Europe when Gretchen Wilson’s redneck woman song was popular around here.

So you mean like every fucking country song today ??

Science says Texas has the sexiest accent and Long Island is the least.
https://bigseventravel.com/2019/05/50-sexiest-accents-usa-ranked/

I never understood this poll. There are several Texas dialects. The truly rural type in most of the state is the same basic redneck you’ll hear in Oklahoma and Arkansas and it’s terrible. There is some more Southern like charm in the cities, not my favorite, but sexiest in the USA, fuck no. And it seems to ignore entirely the multiple dialects Mexican/Tejano dialects. A “Texas” accent isn’t really a thing.

11 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I never understood this poll. There are several Texas dialects. The truly rural type in most of the state is the same basic redneck you’ll hear in Oklahoma and Arkansas and it’s terrible. There is some more Southern like charm in the cities, not my favorite, but sexiest in the USA, fuck no. And it seems to ignore entirely the multiple dialects Mexican/Tejano dialects. A “Texas” accent isn’t really a thing.

Oh, I agree. I just thought I'd throw it out there as it came to mind. But, yeah, anyone who's from Texas knows there's more than one Texas accent. SE is more influenced by the Deep South (drawl). North Texas is more like Arkansas and the Appalachians (twang). South & Central Texas Anglos are more like what you see from Western movies a la McConnahey. Of course, all those get diluted in the cities.

Then, there's an emerging accent that's strongly influenced by Spanish. NPR did a story about it happening in SW Kansas, but I've heard the same (even among Anglos) in areas with a Hispanic majority - mostly by the youth in West Texas.

https://www.kcur.org/post/immigration-southwest-kansas-creating-new-accent

Edited by bolverk

3 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Aggie.  Especially when they start whooping.

Not familiar with that one for women. Is it the same as the redneck chick screeching "I'M DRUNK, Y'ALL!!!" *burp*

Because, while that's not sexy per se, it usually meant sexy time wasn't too far away.

I'm pretty sure Sophia Vergara's onscreen accent is purposefully exaggerated some as part of her public persona. I'm sure she has a thick natural accent but a lot of where she emphases it is not normal speech but clearly part of her work. Not that it bothers me either way.

• 2 weeks later...

Having spent some time around people from the South the past week, there's amazingly weird drop off between the sexy Southern Belle accent and the white trash Southern momma accent. Not sure how that exactly shakes out. Maybe going to an SEC school versus just finishing high school?