Least sexy female accents

TexArcher

Having spent some time around people from the South the past week, there's amazingly weird drop off between the sexy Southern Belle accent and the white trash Southern momma accent. Not sure how that exactly shakes out. Maybe going to an SEC school versus just finishing high school?

Maybe going to a finishing school rather than just finishing high school. The southern aristocracy still exists.

On 7/5/2019 at 7:45 PM, mdmost said:

Having spent some time around people from the South the past week, there's amazingly weird drop off between the sexy Southern Belle accent and the white trash Southern momma accent. Not sure how that exactly shakes out. Maybe going to an SEC school versus just finishing high school?

Sexy Southern Belle still wants something from you. White trash momma already got it, what she didn't have to pay the lawyer.

On 6/25/2019 at 8:29 PM, bolverk said:

Then, there's an emerging accent that's strongly influenced by Spanish. NPR did a story about it happening in SW Kansas, but I've heard the same (even among Anglos) in areas with a Hispanic majority - mostly by the youth in West Texas.

There's a "hispanickish" accent I sometimes hear in Texas where people speak English, but with a Spanish rhythm so it sounds all ta-ta-ta-ta-ta with no real emphasis anywhere, and occasional odd over-enunciation.

EG "O-K-ev-ry-bo-dy-tell-me-wha-chu-wan-I'm-go-EEng-to-thee-sto-arr.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/25/2019 at 8:33 AM, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Compare ND/SD to the rest of flyover country, some folk enunciate with hard "Rs" and Yaw instead of Yeah...but the rest is pretty much the same. And its definitely not as defiant of an accent as a Texan, deep south hick, Northeasterner or maybe the casual cali surfer bum. 

An aside to the Minnesota/northern plains accent conversation, but I actually think it's stronger in southern Minnesota than other parts of the state.  Rochester, in particular.  People who are from there (as opposed to Mayo/IBM transplants) sound straight off the set of Drop Dead Gorgeous.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
18 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

This is the only thread I can find on accents so I'm posting this here. 

It don't get no cooler than this.  

This is how you bump. You win the internet for me today. Immediately reminded me of this for some reason, although Malek has a slower cadence (skip to 2:08 for an example of what I'm talking about):

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Oh and to the topic, ESL Indian. Just stab me in the ear with an ice pick.

As for the Boston accent, I feel like it's one where if she's smoke it can make her even hotter, but if she's busted it can work in the wrong direction.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Last time I was on Amtrak this Vietnamese woman started hollering at her husband in Vietnamese and I realized then why we lost that war. Those VC could stay out in the bush forever and did so gladly because it was far less troublesome than being at home. 

also, their idea of great r&r was cold rice and a little rat meat