Natalie Maines likes to spend money

clapclapclap

34 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah and at 23k/month, you can't make any assumptions about the mortgage's terms.  Could be any length of time short of 30 years, could have a balloon, could have a massive downpayment, who knows.  

Actually, public records say it's a 30 year ARM with an initial rate if 6.50%.  Recorded in 2007.  Sales price 5.6 million, loan amount 4.48 million. Borrower  is "Kimberly Lane Trust" c/o Al Hagaman at a Nashville address.   in 2016, Hagaman was later pulled off and David Weise was put in his place.  Hagaman was the manager for the Dixie Chicks, Weise is also a showbiz manager based in L.A. 

Edited by Gil Bang
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

I originally was going to call her Phat Nat in the title (based on what I seem to remember the joking was about her) but a quick googling around suggests she's kept the weight off (was she ever really big?)  Which is actually pretty impressive, it ain't easy to fight off your natural body type this far into life, especially after having kids.  So I've got nothing but respect for her in that regard.

You confusing the Dixie Chicks with the Judds?

1 minute ago, Armybrat said:

“Chef’s kitchen”.  Probably unused in her case, what with spending $3,000+ monthly to eat out.

That's $100 a day.  Fuck, that's lunch for two without wine in her neighborhood.  I would imagine that $3000 is less than most hollywood types spend on dining. 

Point taken. I was thinking in Round Rock, Texas terms.

1967, the first month paying for our total grocery tab at the little store in a hick town, (Giddings) I was aghast at the $32 we had run up that September. Of course I was taking home a whopping $350/month with $100 rent for the apartment and an $83 new car payment (‘67 Chevy Malibu coupe).

Edited by Armybrat

Yeah...the westside is a little pricier than Round Rock.   And celebrities tend to go places where they won't be bothered much, and those places tend to be quite expensive.  I've seen plenty of Hollywood big shots at Nate N' Al, but most of them prefer Craig's or The Grill (or places I've never heard of). 

That's $100 a day.  Fuck, that's lunch for two without wine in her neighborhood.  I would imagine that $3000 is less than most hollywood types spend on dining. 
Wife's uncle is a physician in WeHo and budgets 150/day for food for himself.

14 hours ago, Chooky said:

All the dudes on this thread sound like middle aged women gossiping at book club. Get a hold of yourselves.

I get hold of myself morning and night.

It'd be morning, noon and night if I didn't have a big window in my office.  On second thought....

16 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Actually, public records say it's a 30 year ARM with an initial rate if 6.50%.  Recorded in 2007.  Sales price 5.6 million, loan amount 4.48 million. Borrower  is "Kimberly Lane Trust" c/o Al Hagaman at a Nashville address.   in 2016, Hagaman was later pulled off and David Weise was put in his place.  Hagaman was the manager for the Dixie Chicks, Weise is also a showbiz manager based in L.A. 

Should have refinanced to a fixed rate back when interest rates were practically zero.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, G650 said:

My FIL's younger brother had this happen to him as well, with 4 kids in fact.

Talk about a terrible situation.  It's like he wasted 15 years of his life because she wasn't ready to come out.  He got the kids, though, so it's not all bad.

On 6/25/2019 at 5:55 PM, Gil Bang said:

I know a lot of places recite the amount of the note secured by the deed of trust and others use tax stamps that convey that information give or take 10 or 50 grand, but I'm surprised that Cali has all that information.

4 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

Has Maines just shut down (musical) shop or did she do that unintentionally with the fallout from the Bush stuff?  Can't imagine the latter has had that much of a lingering impact. 

Not so much. She's said that she finds modern country a bit of a bore.   She did a solo album a few years back;  "Mother", the title track being a cover of the Pink Floyd song. 

3 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Not so much. She's said that she finds modern country a bit of a bore.   She did a solo album a few years back;  "Mother", the title track being a cover of the Pink Floyd song. 

You seem to know quite about Natalie Maines' career and music.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.     

• Like 2

On 6/25/2019 at 9:25 PM, Neonmoon said:

For years men have bemoaned trophy wives getting huge settlements. Superstar Natalie Maine’s is now ditching her trophy cock. I hope he doesn’t get shit. 

Trophy Cock would make a good band name.

11 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

You seem to know quite about Natalie Maines' career and music.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.     

Well, I don't have any posters of her on my garage walls or anything, but I do think she's talented, I've heard her interviewed on Stern several times, and I think that the Dixie Chicks really got a raw deal.  They fucking made a lot of country radio people rich, and then got shit on.  One could argue that DC's are responsible for today's dogshit  country being as big as it now is.  

I've read that a lot of radio stations switched formats to "country" during the DC's prime.  And shit, it seems like in those days, every 4th song played was DC's. 

A lot of those that shit on them  are now completely ignoring the fact that certain people doing shit that's much much worse than Maines making some off-the-cuff comment at a concert. 

2 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

I can't believe no one has followed up on this, so I guess I'll be that guy. How exactly did you become privy to this information?

It was discussed on a Howard Stern show in 2006.  Couldn't find the video on youtube, but here is a transcript.

http://www.marksfriggin.com/news06/5-22.htm

The Chicks said that Clear Channel didn't have a problem booking them for gigs at their venues. They have no problem making money off of them. Howard found out that Marty had a threesome at one point so he tried to get more information about that. She said that it was more of an unwanted friend coming into the room while she and her boyfriend were having sex. Natalie was the one who put the story out there so Marty wasn't too thrilled about that.

Howard and the guys asked Marty about what she was doing to get the guys. She said that she was doing more than drinking but didn't want to get into it too far.......

Jeff the Drunk called in and asked which of the girls give the best head. Howard said that was disgusting but wanted to know the answer. Natalie said that they don't know who gives the best but Marty is pretty experienced because her stories used to start off ''So, I was giving this guy a blow job...'' Howard asked about swallowing. Natalie said that she's tasted it but she won't swallow it. Marty said that she will hold it in her mouth until she can find the proper place to put it. Howard asked what the proper place is.

Emily was being very quiet so he asked her what was going on. Emily said she wants to know why guys are so into having girls swallow it. Howard said that guys like to finish where they're at. When a girl spits it out, it's like they're saying ''Eww, you're gross.'' Natalie said that Emily can't answer a question with a question so she wanted to know if she swallows. Emily said it all depends on how drunk she is.

They discussed cocaine use as well but it didn't make the transcript I guess.  Pretty sure it was Marty the party.

Edited by mulletpelini