so, Jeffrey Epstein

Gil Bang

I guess he's not smirking anymore. Imagine living as he has, convinced that he will never be held accountable, now in cell with no way out. That realization has to lead to black thoughts. His appetite will never be sated again. His name is as low as a name can go.

I don't want him to die. I want him to live out the remainder of a long life in prison with no access to pretty young girls and hated by every man around him. The jets and his island just a memory that stabs him every day.

I want to hear the truth, as well.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I guess he's not smirking anymore. Imagine living as he has, convinced that he will never be held accountable, now in cell with no way out. That realization has to lead to black thoughts. His appetite will never be sated again. His name is as low as a name can go.

I don't want him to die. I want him to live out the remainder of a long life in prison with no access to pretty young girls and hated by every man around him. The jets and his island just a memory that stabs him every day.

I want to hear the truth, as well.

Agree on all parts.  It warms my heart that he's in a cell on Riker's.  Hopefully, being miserable and alone will give him the courage to turn on all his rich pedo buddies 

I hope the only time he ever sees the outside world again is on trips between Riker's and court and then on to federal prison for the rest of his pedo-life. 

6 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Agree on all parts.  It warms my heart that he's in a cell on Riker's.  Hopefully, being miserable and alone will give him the courage to turn on all his rich pedo buddies 

I hope the only time he ever sees the outside world again is on trips between Riker's and court and then on to federal prison for the rest of his pedo-life. 

I believe someone stepped in and kept him out of Riker's.

4 minutes ago, kevwun said:

He's going to commit suicide by shooting himself once in the head and twice in the chest.

Then he'll roll himself in a tarp and cement himself inside a support pillar in New Jersey. 

11 hours ago, texas08 said:

It’s funny how Chavala selectively chooses shit to fling on all these threads. Never links any of the shit flinging to Dotard (even though there’s a fuck ton of smoke with Epstein and Dotard).

Chavala always fails to understand that no one on this site gives a shit about Bill and no one is defending Bill.

Did I say Chavala? Sorry. Zavala, the Mexican traitor.

Most of us have him on ignore.

4 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

144 shell companies owned by the Trump/Kushners will bid on it in a DOJ auction. One of them will win it for $2MM. 

But then they will sell it to a Russian oligarch for 200% its appraised value via a cashed off shore investment vehicle routed through Deutche Bank

59 minutes ago, NowThis said:

who gets the $77 million mansion? 

If they look into Epstein's financials tied to Deutsche Bank, it's conceivable asset forfeiture to feds:

Re: "a cadre of individuals within the bank may have been operating on their own to conduct allegedly criminal transactions", I'd be interested to know if that's the case, did this same supposed cadre manage Epstein/Trump/Kushner activities together.  

Spoiler

Edited by triplehorn

3 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I did not know that.  JFC, so is he in some hotel somewhere?

He's being held by the Feds in their facility. I doubt it's a hotel, but I'm sure it's better than Rykers.

Here's a photo from the Chicago Tribune:

JREUCRFQDJESNEQM42RGHVMP4M.jpgThe Metropolitan Correctional Center in Lower Manhattan where Jeffrey Epstein is being held

NBC News 4 reported that investigators had spoken to prisoner Nicholas Tartaglione, a former police officer, regarding Epstein’s injuries.

Bruce Barket, a lawyer for Tartaglione, denied his client attacked the disgraced financier, telling News 4 his client and Epstein get along well.

“They are in the same unit and doing well,” Barket said, adding that the pair had been complaining about flooding, rodents and bad food inside the detention facility.

So either the cop (serving life w/out parole for quadruple homicide) was carrying out a hit or Epstein was unsuccessful in offing himself, but either way it doesn't sound like a hotel.

I'm pretty sure attempted suicide by hanging would leave a few clues.  For instance, something to hang one's self with.  The lack of such evidence probably indicates which way these ace detectives need to turn in their zeal to solve this "mystery".

20 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

He's being held by the Feds in their facility. I doubt it's a hotel, but I'm sure it's better than Rykers.

JREUCRFQDJESNEQM42RGHVMP4M.jpgThe Metropolitan Correctional Center in Lower Manhattan where Jeffrey Epstein is being held

Looks like Jester.

Poor bastard.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

On 7/17/2019 at 9:51 AM, Fondren & Main said:

The argument is whether it is anthropogenic or not.  If it is then how much of an effect does mankind have on the climate?  Seems to be quite a bit of debate on that front.

The scientific debate is about as controversial as the scientific debate about whether HIV causes AIDS. It's an actual debate, but there is a clear and wide scientific consensus that is constantly challenged by a tiny core group of dissidents. And while they are mostly kooks, they nevertheless play an essential role. But the rest of us ignore them as we should for now, because the evidence is clearly behind the consensus at least for now and we have a moral imperative to act on it. That's in contrast to South Africa 20 years ago, where AIDS denialism was a legitimate political position advanced by the president, with an estimated cost of 330K human lives.  

That may seem silly to us, but the the difference between that debate and this "debate" is that we don't have a political party that has a huge vested interest in convincing suckers into believing that AIDs may not be caused by HIV or that our economy would collapse if we treat HIV.   We do have a political party and leaders very invested in making the uncontroversial scientific consensus of anthropogenic climate change a political controversy. 

47 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

That's some quality brutalism.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Loco said:

A tweet from the Newspaper that dug all this stuff up...

Posting without comment:

Ric Bradshaw quietly raises $77,725 in bid for fifth sheriff term

WEST PALM BEACH — Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw wants to become the longest-serving sheriff in county history.
Bradshaw hasn’t made a formal announcement, but in February he opened a 2020 campaign to seek a fifth term as the county’s top law enforcement officer. He had collected $77,725 in contributions for his re-election campaign through the end of March.

Bradshaw mentioned his re-election bid on Thursday during an award ceremony for volunteers at the Palm Beach County Convention Center.
The 71-year-old Bradshaw was first elected to the nonpartisan sheriff’s post in 2004. He won a fourth term in 2016 with 65.7 percent of the vote against three challengers.
Richard Wille holds the longevity record for Palm Beach County sheriffs. Elected in 1976 and re-elected four times, Wille served 18 years before retiring midway through his fifth term in 1995. If Bradshaw is re-elected next year, he would break Wille’s record in March 2023.

“I’ve got a lot of gas in the tank and I’m ready to go,” Bradshaw told The Palm Beach Post on Thursday. He said he’ll probably have a formal campaign launch in the fall.
“The agency’s nationally recognized and we’ve worked hard to get it there and I want to see things through,” Bradshaw said.

Bradshaw testified last month before the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee in Washington about Florida’s “red flag” law, which allows police to petition courts for permission to temporarily seize guns and ammunition from people deemed a threat to themselves or others and to bar them from purchasing more.

The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office has also been in the national spotlight as the lead local law enforcement agency to assist the Secret Service during President Donald Trump’s frequent visits to his Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach.

Bradshaw raised $50,875 for his re-election bid in February and another $26,850 in March, according to reports filed with the Palm Beach County Elections Office.

Three other candidates have opened 2020 campaigns for sheriff, including two candidates who challenged Bradshaw in 2016.

Alex Freeman, who got 17.8 percent of the vote in 2016, has raised $3,361 since opening a 2020 campaign two years ago. Samuel Thompson, who got 6.9 percent against Bradshaw in 2016, opened another campaign last July but has not raised any money. A third 2020 candidate for sheriff, Lauro Diaz, has raised $9,810 since opening a campaign last July.

The scientific debate is about as controversial as the scientific debate about whether HIV causes AIDS. It's an actual debate, but there is a clear and wide scientific consensus that is constantly challenged by a tiny core group of dissidents. And while they are mostly kooks, they nevertheless play an essential role. But the rest of us ignore them as we should for now, because the evidence is clearly behind the consensus at least for now and we have a moral imperative to act on it. That's in contrast to South Africa 20 years ago, where AIDS denialism was a legitimate political position advanced by the president, with an estimated cost of 330K human lives.  

That may seem silly to us, but the the difference between that debate and this "debate" is that we don't have a political party that has a huge vested interest in convincing suckers into believing that AIDs may not be caused by HIV or that our economy would collapse if we treat HIV.   We do have a political party and leaders very invested in making the uncontroversial scientific consensus of anthropogenic climate change a political controversy. 
I'm too young to remember, but was ending acid rain, or the hole in the ozone layer, or banning PCBs so politically divisive?

Rhetorical: you'd think there would be more faith in science given how effective those efforts were.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

1.  Miami Herald will win a Pulitzer Prize for this.  And deservedly so.

2.  Epstein's "suicide" will like D'Angelo Barksdale's "suicide."

I thought they already lost the pulitzer, after Derschowitz wrote a letter the Pulitzer committee demanding that it not win. 

19 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

I'm too young to remember, but was ending acid rain, or the hole in the ozone layer, or banning PCBs so politically divisive?

Nope. But I think the problem was that the GOP really wasn't getting anything politically out of being fairly strong on the environment or expertise-driven policy in general. George HW Bush, for example, had a fairly strong environmental record, and didn't seem to get any credit for it. True for his management of the national debt and the deficit as well.
So they drifted away from conservatism into a more tribal and populist direction in service to their constituent interests, and this is just the best example. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

I see Jester East hasn’t changed a bit

• Like 7

My first night alone in Austin I walked down past Dobie towards Jester. It was dark and the big buildings loomed with their small peeping windows. Prison was my first thought. Suddenly college had a dark aspect.

Of course, that changed quickly, but that first encounter with Jester is a stark memory.

38 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Nope. But I think the problem was that the GOP really wasn't getting anything politically out of being fairly strong on the environment or expertise-driven policy in general. George HW Bush, for example, had a fairly strong environmental record, and didn't seem to get any credit for it. True for his management of the national debt and the deficit as well.
So they drifted away from conservatism into a more tribal and populist direction in service to their constituent interests, and this is just the best example. 

Hmm, what could have possibly happened around that time to start the party down that path?  Perhaps someone was RUSHing to become a FOX in the hen house of the R party.

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Hmm, what could have possibly happened around that time to start the party down that path?  Perhaps someone was RUSHing to become a FOX in the hen house of the R party.

i think a lot of it had to do with Bush v Gore.  Because Gore made environment his big thing, it really ramped up the reactionary response. then the election came out like it did and the controversy made the heat even more.

The trumpkins and trolls are going to have a hard time handling this story. Their default will be to attack the clintons, and it’s obvious that bill was good friends with pedo Jeff. 

But the problem for the trumpkins and trolls is that the more they highlight this story, the more obvious it will become that trump and Epstein and their associates were and still are very very close. 

https://www.google.com/amp/nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/2019/07/jeffrey-epsteins-rolodex-famous-friends-and-acquaintances.html