2020 Democratic Debates Watch Thread

bad_teammate

how can you go OVER time without saying anything substantive, Pete

amazing

His point about China being the perfection of a dictatorship is probably one of the most important points any candidate will say tonight. People don’t yet understand the threat to our freedom. See the surly China thread.

Just now, Irwin F Fletcher said:

Sorry. The Surly has spoken. Pete's our choice. With all due respect sit the fuck down.

I keed, I keed, you can stand over there in the corner.

lol a bunch of white guys are going with the most popular candidate for white guys. I'm shocked

His point about China being the perfection of a dictatorship is probably one of the most important points any candidate will say tonight. People don’t yet understand the threat to our freedom. See the surly China thread.

His point about putting a public option on the exchange and letting it compete was also one of the more salient, original points made by any candidate so far. Start with the public option, let it compete and make sure everyone is covered. And in time, if it's the best option, everyone will switch over and we'll end up with M4A naturally. Tremendous and original way to frame the argument. Dude is smart af.

Just now, Patrick Bateman said:

Wow.... damn.   Mayor just admitted defeat.  I salute the sentiment but that will be repeated online and on TV over.... and over.... and over.

And that’s ok.  Real leaders admit failure.  They learn from it and they grow.

• Like 2