2020 Democratic Debates Watch Thread

bad_teammate

Just now, Anastasis said:

Couldn’t hear over the kids. Did Biden just say that we should jail insurance company execs for the opioid epidemic? Please tell me I misheard that. 

That is correct.

Aren’t we already trying to do that? (Seriously)

Yang gets it on healthcare. Tying healthcare to employment is regarded for the business, the employee, and especially the unemployed.

Today, however, companies are able to bargain for much better healthcare prices vs and individual. Just go looks at today’s rates between the two. Individuals pay wayyy more. Disassociating healthcare from companies needs to address this issue.

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

Couldn’t hear over the kids. Did Biden just say that we should jail insurance company execs for the opioid epidemic? Please tell me I misheard that. 

I think you heard that right but I was too busy pontificating to be sure.

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Today, however, companies are able to bargain for much better healthcare prices vs and individual. Just go looks at today’s rates between the two. Individuals pay wayyy more. Disassociating healthcare from companies needs to address this issue.

Disassociating Health care from health insurance companies will help.

Edited by Larry T. Spider

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

You heard right.  These idiots don’t understand the health care system in this country and who is responsible for what.  I guess we can make the insurance companies the big bad boogey man in this issue (they are part of it but not the sole reason health care costs are so high) saying we get rid of insurance companies and everything will be wonderful with our health care is like Trump telling people if we stop the immigrants coming to our country then they won’t take all of the good jobs.

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

You heard right.  These idiots don’t understand the health care system in this country and who is responsible for what.  I guess we can make the insurance companies the big bad boogey man in this issue (they are part of it but not the sole reason health care costs are so high) saying we get rid of insurance companies and everything will be wonderful with our health care is like Trump telling people if we stop the immigrants coming to our country then they won’t take all of the good jobs.

Sorry. I am out of rep but will try to circle back. 

There is no scenario in our future where United Healthcare and Aetna go away. Will never never happen. Unicorns.

3 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Medicare for All is what's going to happen. It's going to be what people 65 and older have now. There is a place for private insurance companies in the current Medicare system.

This isn't hard.

Just now, Dbeasy said:

There is no scenario in our future where United Healthcare and Aetna go away. Will never never happen. Unicorns.

That is absolutely the truth.  There are other ways to control costs and the government can be involved in leading the way.  I love how Harris is so upset at Big Pharma and Insurance making profit off of sick people but (no offense intended for this next part) but there are plenty of hospital officials and doctors making a shit ton off of sick people but no one on this stage has the balls to call that out.